002

No Shortcut
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She had settled in her apartment within 2 days prior after reaching Beijing. She is glad the apartment is fully furnished or else she would have to go over the trouble of buying furniture. Not that she would have to spend any of her own money on those but she rather not waste her energy. Nattasha is glad the previous undercover using this identity had taken driving license in Taiwan giving Nattasha the opportunity to drive rather than to commute.

Nattasha or now Lim Fei, walks along the shopping district in Wang Fu Jing to reach the place she has applied job for. This job is the closest one she found where she can be near her younger brother. The fake profile actually allows her to work as something with higher salary but she don’t want to work as someone that requires a lot of thinking. She needs her wit to solve the case and get the hell out of China.

The day after she’s done assessing her profile in Thailand, she manage to convince Chief Brem to let her be a normal citizen who doesn’t have that much income. As soon as he agreed, she went online and searched for a part-time position job in Wangfujing. Almost immediately she found one and she's glad they only offer a part time job because she cannot be a full­time in order to snoop around the case she's doing undercover for. She pull out her phone from her jeans pocket and take note of the time. 

2.10 p.m.

She still have 20 minutes to walk around. The food street offers a lot of fast food and the smokes is getting to her sight and respiratory system. She coughed lightly and walks out of the food section with big steps. She wanted to make sure the cafe's coordination again so she pull out her phone again and opens her email.

212M Cafe, Wang Fu Jing Street 3, Lot 24.

Informal location: Facing Billboard of Samsung Advertisement. North of Wang Fu Jing Inn.

It reads. She craned her neck in search for the said billboard and found it almost instantly.

'It's a bit far from the parking ground.' She makes a mental reminder as she scan the fashion outlets on her way and look at her outfit. She match up a dark green button up with a light grey skinny jeans. The weather is sort of chilly since its November so she is covered in black long trench coat that reach her hips. She opens her sling bag and keep her scarf in it as the cafe is already in view.

She was planning to shop for more winter clothes as she have none. Well, Thailand doesn’t snow. However, she spent yesterday to purchase a car using the money given and had a hard time choosing. She settled for a white Honda, just like her car back in Thailand. She thinks that 2 layer of clothes will be enough before winter but she had realized that she is wrong. She is only being stubborn and she still insist on wearing thin socks with her Converse causing her to tremble most of the time outside.

She remembered the dress code is button up shirt and long pants. She scoffs a little remembering the bright red 'NO HEELS ALLOWED'. She's not usually a heels person because she is usually in flat boots. It didn't stop her from thinking what kind of prick works in a cafe in heels.

She glance at her watch this time to make sure of the time.

2.40 p.m.

This will be her first time utilizing full Chinese for daily life and work as a Chinese. She stares at the café glass door in front of her.

 

---

 

­­­

Mark offers the best smile he can give to the teenagers that insist to meet the Chef to directly compliment his cooking. He nods awkwardly and tries his best to end the conversation. 

Yen peeks from the kitchen window behind the counter that is used to deliver food to the waiter. She chuckles at the scene that unfolds. She knows Mark hate dealing with girls like that. No, he hates dealing with girls generally.

Jinyoung nudge Yugyeom who is clearing up the table beside him and they both hold back a giggle but immediately stops after noticing Mark sharp stare at them. Jackson see the contact and he figured out the reason when seeing Mark mouthing 'Help me' to him.

He is about to snap because he doesn't like dealing with flirty females but he doesn't want the other customers to be distracted from their meal so he keep biting his lips and maintain his fake smile. Mark snapped before and it turned out ugly. The girls posted on their blogs about how rude his café is and caused their business to slow down for few weeks. It somehow gets better because the café have many regulars from back when Mark’s father manages the café.

Luckily, Jackson come to his rescue but gave him a 'don't let me deal with this alone' stare.

Blatantly ignoring what the females are saying, he shift his gaze to the cafe entrance and notice a girl in a black trench coat, with red wavy hair that reach below her shoulder. He is amused at her actions. She patted herself and stomps her feet before staring at her Converse.

'What is she doing?' He ponders.

---

­­­

"So, you are 27 and unemploy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter