007

No Shortcut
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been 2 days since their coffee night and they have been exchanging smiles and glances during work. Fei don't know whether she is just imagining things or Mark had really been observing her. Every time she turns to him he seems to be looking at her. She shrug it off with a smile and continue doing her work. She then remember his sweater. The business is kind of slow today that even Mark is sitting behind the cashier counter.

"Mark.." She call out as he was looking at his phone awhile ago. Mark lift his head up to look at her. "I washed your sweater and I already bought some for myself. When should I return it?"

Mark bit his lip. "Actually, I sent my car for service this morning and I left my apartment access card inside. I think the other one is in my sweater. Have you seen it?"

Fei shake her head. "I didn't check the zipped pockets on the inside. Is it there?"

Mark nods. "I think I need to have it today because I'll go get my car tomorrow with Jackson. Do you drive to work?"

Fei nods. 'Wait, is he asking me to bring him to my house and then send him home?'

"Can you perhaps give me a lift back home after I have my card?" Mark blinks. 'Will she agree?' Fei hummed and nodded after a few second.

 

---

 

Chief Im explained the witness protection program to Hou after he is done hearing him out. Hou had come to him through a fake police report of finding a lost family member in a disguise and a fake name. He had seen in the news that Chief Im is the one in-charge for the sniping incident and made quite a ruckus to meet him directly. Luckily for him, Jaebum is around the lowest floor station and sees him.

According to Hou, the police information is being leaked to outsiders but he doesn’t know by who. It took Jaebum a lot of questioning and answering with Hou to convince him he is not one of the bad guys.

“So, do you believe me now?” Jaebum asks him.

“Is my safety promised?” He ask for the last time. Jaebum nods and he finally remove his disguise. They are now in Jaebum’s office.

“Thank you for trusting me.” He says as he stretch out his arm for a handshake across the table. “My name is Hou Xi Feng.” Jaebum accepts. “Thank you for trusting me too. I’m the one in charge for this sniping incident.”

Hou sighs before starting his story about Yang’s visit and his threat. Hou explain everything that Yang is searching for and Jaebum nods as he jot down details.

“So you know that video is sent to the police and you are telling me Yang have the same video as in the news?” Jaebum clasp his fingers together. Hou nods.

“I recognized the start because it is completely the same but he have the longer version of the video. I believe you only release an 15 second video for the press right?”

Jaebum nods. “Yes, someone must have leaked it and I know for sure it is not from our source. This must had been done by an insider..” Jaebum tighten his fist.

Hou notice the distress in Jaebum’s face. “Sir, I do notice the footages on 15th had been altered and you should feel relieved that big smug guy didn’t ask to check it.” Jaebum look to his face. “Did you notice anything else?”

Hou hummed. “The control room entry login and the sudden plants service on the 17th..” Jaebum smile at him. “You’re a sharp young man.” Hou scratch his head. “No Sir, it’s just keen observation.” Hou then snaps his finger as he remember something. “By the way sir, I am a pretty decent drawer. Here..” He hands him an A4 with a smug male picture drawing on it. “Is this the guy?”

Hou nods. ”With lot of henchmen. I did not get his name though because none of them call him by his name.” He apologetically explains. Jaebum smirks. “This is good enough, Hou. I owe you big time..” He look at the A4 and his eyes turned fiery. Hou somehow get scared and stayed silent. ‘Now I have a proof and I’m getting closer to you, Yang..’

 

­­­

 

---

 

 

Yen squints her eyes at her brother. "You and Fei are leaving early?"

Mark nods. A smirk appears on Yen's face. She nudge his side using her elbow. They are conversing in the kitchen. "When did MarkFei happened?"

Mark rolls his eyes. "There's no such thing Yen. I lend her my sweater and I forgot to take out my apartment access card. You know I kept the other one in my car and I don't have it now."

Jackson walks in with dirty dishes trolley. "What is this what is this?"

"Mark is leaving with Fei." Yen whispers.

"I can perfectly hear you." Mark retorts.

Jackson look at his bestfriend playfully. "When did MarkFei happened?" He pokes Mark's chest. Mark stare at the couple in disbelief.

"Lock up and open up early tomorrow, Jack."

 

---

­­­

 

The whole ride was silent as they go through the heavy traffic i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter