017 (Part 5 : Exposure)

No Shortcut
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Min hurriedly exits the building elevator and she can see a commotion in the middle of the office. She strides toward the group of officers who murmurs among themselves. Hearing the fast stomping coming towards them, they quickly make way for her. She knit her brow as the wooden boxes comes into view. “When did the forensic team took away the corpses?” She ask briefly to the man who seems to be on deep thought about the message written on the box too.

“Right after the investigation team came to the guy’s house.. Here are the pictures.” He hands her the pictures. Min bit her lips. ‘How cruel..’ Her eyes then travel towards the box as she crouch down to read what’s written on it. “Female? Im Jaebum?” She mutters under her breath. Realization hits her when she finally understands what one of the lines meant.

‘..the stains in your department.. the betrayers among police that Jaebum told me about..’ She sighs. “Have the corpses been identified?” She ask her colleague. He nods. “They are detectives of the First-Division department.. Hao Tze and Zi Xiang..” He run his palm along his face, sad over the lost of two of their comrades. Not knowing what kind of damage they have done.

Min hesitates before pulling out her phone and dialing someone. “Where is the said Mark Tuan?” She ask him again. “In the mini conference room..” She nods to his answer and walk away. The male on the other line picks up. “Jaebum..” She starts.

“Why?”

“Where are you?” Min gather some files from her table and start walking to the conference room.

“In my office. What’s wrong?” He noticed the wariness in her voice.

She push the conference room door open and immediately the sight of a male, sitting down on the couch greets her. Noticing the female presence, he lightly nod and sit straight as she walks closer. Min return the nod and place the files on the table before sitting down on the couch opposite of him. “I need you and Fei to be here now. Second-division mini conference room 2.”

“Okay..” Jaebum replies and ended the call. Upon hearing the known name, Mark frown. ‘Fei?’ Before his thought could go further, Min extends her arm to him. “I’m Min. Your threat case fall under my jurisdiction and I hope you can corporate well to ease the investigation process.” She starts. Mark nod and accepts the handshake. She began asking basic questions on how and when he got that delivered to him.

He answers everything truthfully and provides her with information on how a delivery got through for their apartment. “The guards will keep records of every delivery company that goes in and out. I think you can ask them about it..” His voice low and serious as his eyes keep going to the door once in a while. Min nods as she jots down everything. She was about to ask another question when the door flings open.

Jaebum enters first and immediately greet the two of them and settle himself beside Mark. Nat and Mark, equally froze in their stance. Hesitant glare exchanged between the two before Jaebum calls Nat over, not knowing their relationship. Nat settles beside Min.

“You have to see this..” Min pulls out pictures from her file and place it on the table. The two new incomers gasp. Nat look up to Mark. All wariness regarding their fight washed away as she gaze worriedly into his eyes. Jaebum began flicking the reports Min handed to him.

 

“Is this what got delivered to your unit?” Nat’s voice trembles. As much as Mark wants to avoid her, he knows she’s asking out of her responsibilities. “Yes, I opened the package in the noon..” He eyes the bag under her eyes. ‘Did she go to work without sleeping?’ He assumes. They arrived home around 4 and he’s sure she left a little before 6 o’clock in the morning. Jaebum reads the threat on the box out loud and Nat eyes shift to the pictures again.

“They killed the two and delivers them to Mark.. asking him to deliver this threat..” Jaebum’s fist clenched. ‘So this two are the betrayers..’ He glance at the autopsy report. No matter how wronged he felt towards the two officer, them killed is surely not what he want. “What do you think of the threat message, Fei?”

Nat look up at Jaebum and a sad smile shows on her face.

“I think.. my cover is blown up..” She rest her forehead on her palm and prop her elbow on her knee. Mark observes her intently. His brows furrows as Min and Jaebum awaits her next sentence while staring at her questioningly. Nat huffs and straighten up. She hold up the picture with the threat message.

“Today is the first time you two meet Mark right?” She ask with a serious voice. Mark feels quite surprised with her sudden change in attitude. The other two officer nods. She scoffs. “That’s why I said my cover is blown up, I know Mark Tuan and Jaebum.. this guy is the owner of the café I was working for..” Nat explains further. Jaebum eyes widen as he exchange glance from Mark to Nat, Min sighs.

“They know Mark knows you..” Min manage to conclude. Mark couldn’t help but interrupt. “They??” He inquires. Jaebum massage his temple. “Fei, looking at the situation

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter