004

No Shortcut
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The stake out she did last night didn't result her as much info as the one she did the previous week at Second Heaven. She at least manage to get a name of the owner of the private night clubs listed in her case folder. It surprised her that only one woman own all three night clubs. 'Mary.' She mentally notes.

It is already her second week of work and she is completely tired from last night's stake out at the racing venue near Fenglin Luzhou. She had to mingle with cheap guys while wearing a skimpy outfit for the sake of blending in.

She unconsciously grunts as she lay her cheek on the table occupied by Yen, Youngjae, Jackson and her.

"You okay Fei?" Jackson ask out of concern. She gives him a thumb up before turning her head towards the wall clock. 5 o'clock it shows. She turns her head to Yen and grab one of her hand. Yen shows a shocked face but let her be.

"Can I nap for like 30 minutes on the locker room bench? I had stomach ache last night and couldn't sleep well." She reasoned with a sad face. Yen being the softie chuckles and lightly her hand back.

"Sure Jie I will wake you up later. Go ahead.." She pats her hand. Fei stands up and pats Yen shoulder as a thanks and walks towards the locker room. Yen and Jackson's eyes follows her until she dissapeared from their sight.

"Jinyoung and Yugyeom is so going to sulk if they know you're letting her sleep but not them." Jackson gives her sharp eyes. Youngjae agrees by nodding after sipping his self-brewed coffee.

"Well, they won't know if no one tells." She warningly glares at the two males. They play the glaring game until Yen broke out into laughter followed by Jackson. Jackson then tactfully pull her for a short peck on the lips. Before the peck turns longer, Youngjae rolls his eyes and walks away and someone clears his throat. They quickly part from each other.

Mark just got out from the kitchen as he pull out his phone from the drawer and act as if he didn't disturb anything. He then walks towards the locker room ignoring their stare.

“Get a girlfriend you sissies !!” Jackson directs his comment to Youngjae and Mark. Yen chuckled and hissed at Youngjae who does a vomiting gesture from his barista station. Yen then quickly turns to Jackson.

"Look at my brother and him feigning innocence.. tchh tchh tchh.." Yen said. "His timing is always perfect!" She adds. Jackson nudges her elbow. 

"But Yen, he walks toward the locker room just now." 

Yen blinks. It’s too late to tell her brother not to go there anyway.

Mark halted his step at the sight of Fei lying down on the long bench soundly sleeping. He decided not to wake her up and sits at the small cushion facing the bench. He scans her face.

"Maybe this is the only time I can see your real face without those layers of pretends." He quietly mumbles. He has been observing her actions discreetly. It is suspicious enough for him after he read her resume yet he accepts his sister decision to hire her because she seems serious to work there and doesn’t act like the previous females he recently sacked.

He ended up searching Second Heaven on the internet out of his curiosity on her. They never strike an actual conversation with each other unless its about work but less than 10 words are usually exchanged. However, as the result of his search appears it is an understatement that he is shocked.

No matter how he look at her she doesn't seem like the type of person that party or clubs. Mark tilt his head to get a better look at her face. He wonders if she is tired because she partied too hard last night or for other reasons. He scans her from top. Her ponytail and middle-parted long bangs that is loosely tucked behind her ears.

She didn't remove her apron. Underneath the apron is a white button up with black skinny pants and her flat boots. Mark rest his elbow on his knee as he prop his chin on his palm. He continued observing her and moments later her bangs slides off her ears and covers her eyes.

Mark stifle a smile when Fei tries to blow them away in her sleep. He look around and decided to come near her after he confirmed no one is around. He tuck her bangs back to her ears and left the locker room.

Unknown to him, Fei is a light sleeper and his touch woke her up.

Fei watch his back as he walk out.

'I thought the boss has a stick up in his .' Her lips curls into smile as she drifted back to sleep.

 

­­­

---

 

Im Jae Bum jogs down his usual lane at the police department that morning. His earphone on his ears as sweat trickles down on his back. The sweat formed visible shape on his back as he head back to his office. He nods to every officers that greets him before reaching his office.

He locks his door and open his personal locker to grab change of work outfit when his phone beeps. He reach for his phone on the table and play the recorded audio.

"Is this his confirmation?" A man's voice can be heard.

"Yes Sir, we have successfully deliver the invitation to his henchman." Another quivering man voice.

"Okay, you can leave now." Then a light thud can be heard. Jaebum assumes it’s the sound of the mini mic  successfully installed somewhere in Yang's office.

A chair squeaking can be heard before another voice speaks. "Hello, it's me."

"Yes, he will be there."

"Yes. Yes Madam I understand. I have hired the best sniper."

Jaebum eyes enlarge. As he quickly find a pen and paper to jot down any location that might be mentioned.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter