013 (Part 4 : Close)

No Shortcut
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mary gulps the water from the bottle down . Her body is all sweaty from playing squasy. She massage her shoulder after placing down her racquet on the bench and sit beside it. A light stretch of her neck, get rid of the stiffness numbing it.

 

The glass door creak open and she turn her head towards the female entering her game scene. "Yuan!! " She greets. Yuan smile and tries to hug her but she politely refuse. "I don't wanna dirty you with my sweat."  She pouts. 

 

Yuan chuckles. "You cute girl, okay.." She replies. Mary then leads her to sit on the bench with her. "Have you been in game for long?" Yuan ask. Mary nods. " I'm heading back after this.." Yuan scan the court before darting her eyes back to Mary.

 

"I had my men check that night's invitation list and the RSVP.. They did found something weird.." Yuan starts. Mary turn to her in anticipation. 

 

"Then?"

 

"The RSVP and the attendance total doesn't match. There's one guest that rejects the invitation but their invitation card was used at that night.."

 

Mary smirks. "Did anyone confirm this with that person?" Yuan nods.

 

"Yang said he said he didn't attend and he didn't send anyone in his stead.."

 

Mary nod. "How about the CCTV footage in Blackjack during the event night?"

 

Yuan turn to her and smirk. "We found the person who's using the fake invitation. A she. She's clever though, she parked her car far from the building. We couldn't see her car but we found out that a guy came looking for her after she entered. His car was seen across the building and we got the plate number."

 

Mary chuckles. "That guy gives her away.. Are you on search for her now?"

 

Yuan stand up and nod. " l'll crush the soon.. Thank you for your help on this and Mary.." She turns to her with a menacing face. Mary gulps as she realize the female infront of her is about to give an order. Thats her front whenever she is being death serious with her. "Yes Madam.."

 

"The little rat you seduce might cause trouble for us in the future.. The rat that gave you the video and the rat that gives you info.." She walk slowly behind her and lean down to whisper in her ear. Mary shivers. Her aura changed. The female behind her now emits a sinister aura.

 

"Destroy them, and I'll let you know to whom you should post their remains to..."

 

Mary lower her gaze to her sweaty palm. She can never read this woman. She never want to. She's like a pit of darkness. 

 

"Yes Madam.."

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

 

Mark slurps the soup and feeling of bliss enter his stomach. Fei glance at him to search for reaction again today but found none. She continue eating in anticipation of a praise because the last time she got a compliment from him, its on a sticky note.  She smile remembering that sticky note.

 

It has been two days since she come to his unit and help him cook for dinner. He is beyond grateful because the girl is a great cooker.

 

"Where did you learn to cook?" Mark strike a conversation first. His mouth slowly savoring the food. A bitter smile drawn on her face but it quickly disappear as fast as Mark notice it. He suddenly remember Yugyeom telling him that Bambam is an orphan. Somehow, he regret asking.

 

She let out a long breath before starting. " My mother had this hobby of writing down her recipe. I didn't get to learn it from her directly because she passed away when I am still too young to cook." She keep on a straight face and continue to eat.

 

Mark bit his lips. 'Damn, why it turn out like this..' He awkwardly play with his rice. ' What should I say..' 

 

Nat notice the distress on his face and ask him back. "How about you? Who taught you cooking?" Trying to break the awkward atmosphere. However, she didn't expect an almost similar answer to hers. 

 

Mark shrug. "Dad taught me. He was a chef, he gave me and Yen that cafe after he's gone." Yen mumble a soft 'oh'. Silence conquer the kitchen as they continue eating. Then, Nat remember his graduation photo that she saw the last time she went here.

 

"Did you went to Beijing International Medical College?"

 

Mark stop eating. He glance at his graduation photo in the living room. 'So she saw it..' 

 

"Yeah, majoring in Psychology.." He tell the truth. 

 

Nat gap at disbelief. "Are you a doctor?" He nods while munching food.

 

"And you work as a Chef?" She eye him weirdly.

 

"Correction, I own a cafe and I did work as a doctor for awhile. I just think working at the cafe is more enjoyable.." He explain. Fei nods.

 

"Do you plan on going back to the industry?" She eyes him. Done with her meal by now. The latter follows after.Mark his upper lips before wiping it with the tissue from the tissue box.

 

"Maybe.." 

 

Fei hum at his answer and start cleaning the table. Mark eyes follow her every step. Wondering why she is helping him.

"Are you usually this comfortable in other people's home?" 

"Do you find me attractive in apron?" She jokingly ask back.

 

Mark scoffs. "What makes you ask that?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter