EPISODE 2 Part 3

Descendants of the Sun Season 2

[EPISODE 2 PART 3]

A/N: Please, please, please read the author’s note at the end of the chapter it’s very important. Thank you! I hope you enjoy this chapter. :)

 

Kang Mo Yeon almost reached her team, who were now gathering at the lobby when her phone alerted her of a text message.

 

I'm on my way to pick you up, are you done?

 

Ne. I'll wait for you.

 

"Is everyone here?" Kang Mo Yeon asked

 

"Ne, Kang-sem" Chi Hun aswered.

 

"Wah, someone is excited to go home," she teased Chi Hun who had a big smile on his face.

 

"Ne. we're going to start planning our Hansol's 2nd birthday party when I get back. I'm really excited" he replied. "Of course you're all invited" he said regarding everyone in the circle, then quickly added. "Also bring Major Yoo, and Sergeant Major Seo, my mom really insists that they come."

 

"Yoo Si Jin-ssi?" Mo Yeon asked confused, "Wae?"

 

"Apparently she wanted to meet your boyfriend Kang-sem," he replied thoughtfully, "Your relationship and Lieutenant Yoon's is actually all everyone talks about even in the VIP ward according to mom."

 

"Ah jinjja?" she said exasperated. "How did this happen, what should I do?"

 

"Don't worry about it Kang-sem." Min Ji said, "The whole your-boyfriend-came-back-to-life gossip will blow over soon" she offered nicely.

 

She let out a sigh; "Anyway, you can go ahead if you want to leave now, Yoo Si Jin is on his way" she told them with a small smile, and everyone thanked her and started to head for the door. Everyone looked so tired, no wonder they all wanted to go home.

 

She watched them all disappear into the dark, and turned back towards some sofas available at the lobby.

 

While waiting she watched the people around her, fascinated by them. She saw a little boy walking hand-in-hand with a little girl who was crying for her mom. The boy didn't appear to be the girl's brother so she walked over to them to ask them what was wrong.

 

"Hello, I'm Dr. Kang, what seems to be the problem?" she asked them as nice as she could, as a doctor speaking to a child patient.

 

"She's lost; says her Eomma is in the operating room, but I don't know where that is." the little boy answered which made Mo Yeon smile.

"What's your name?" she asked the boy.

 

"Choi Eun Seok" the boy answered

 

"And you?" Mo Yeon asked the little girl, whose crying has began to cease.

 

"Park Mi Young" She smiled at Mi Young. then spoke to Eun Seok "Is there anyone with you Eun Seok?"

 

The boy nodded and pointed towards the nurse's station. "My noona is a nurse here, I'm waiting for her to get off work so we can go home and play" he told her with a huge grin on his face.

 

"Ah, I see." Kang Mo Yeon nodded, "How about you go on back to your noona while, Mi Young and I look for her Eomma? How does that sound?"

 

"Okay. Bye Mi Young" the boy answered and waved at Mi Young, she could not have been more than 5 years of age, and Eun Seok was probably 7. Kang Mo Yeon watched silently as Eun Seok skipped back towards the nurse's station.

 

Now she regarded Mi Young fully. "Is there anyone else with you Mi Young-ah?" she asked as she wiped at the child's tears with her handkerchief, she took the girl by the hand and led her towards the sofa she was previously sitting on. She sat down and placed the child beside her.

 

"My Oppa is here, but he is busy. I want my Eomma." she told Mo Yeon.

 

"Was he with you when you came here? Do you know where he is now?" Mo Yeon asked the child, she needed to find the child's guardian before Si Jin came; she didn't want to burden him.

 

"Aniyo. He works here, all he does is work."

 

"Can you tell me your oppa's name? I can help you look for him" Mo Yeon offered softly

 

The child nodded then, "Park-sonsaeng. Park Minseok is his name" Mi Young said, and Kang Mo Yeon's eyes widened then. How small the world was. She smiled at Mi Young and asked her, "Your brother is the head surgeon?" Mi Young nodded again

 

"Alright then, let's go look for your brother."

 

Mi Young nodded and Mo Yeon lead her towards the nurse's station and asked where Dr. Park was.

 

The nurse asked for her name which she gave, "Ah, you're the doctor who saved the lung-burn patient, thank you doctor." the nurse said as she tried to contact the doctor.

 

"I was just doing my job" Mo Yeon replied humbly, "Will he be able to come?"

 

The nurse looked at her phone indicating a text message telling her that he will come down right away.

 

"He says he'll be right down, why don't you sit down for a bit."

 

"Ah, ne. Thank you very much" after thanking the nurse, Mo Yeon crouched down to Mi Young's height.

 

"Your brother is coming so don't cry anymore okay?" the child only nodded but she was still sniffling.

 

"Gomawo, Unnie." Mi Young told her.

 

Mo Yeon smiled. She was such a sweet child; it made her wonder what her mother was going through for her to be in surgery.

 

*****

 

Myeong Joo and Seo Dae Yeong were already on their way back to the hotel from the army base. It was a long and tiring day for everyone, and Seo Dae Yeong wanted nothing more than to just lie down and sleep.

 

"Wait," Myeong Joo said as she and the Sergeant Major started to get out of the car.

 

She looked at Dae Yeong with those adorable eyes of hers and with a small out on her lips she said, "I want ice cream."

 

That made Seo Dae Yeong smile. It was already around seven in the evening and here was his girlfriend craving some ice cream.

 

"All right, I think the hotel has an ice cream parlour on the first floor."

 

"Jinjja?" Myeong Joo's eyes lit up, and Seo Dae Yeong nodded. "Waah I want cookies and cream, they should have that right?" Myeong said as they went inside, "It's like the flavour of all flavours.”

 

They went inside the ice cream parlour and sure enough they had cookies and cream. Seo Dae Yeong ordered for the two of them and they were handed two cookies and cream ice cream cones.

 

"Gomawo" Myeong Joo said as she the ice cream, "I don't get to eat ice cream a lot, our family, especially my dad's side as you know isn't... well..." and she just shrugged.

 

"I get it, don't worry" Seo Dae Yeong said, "I will take care of all your sugary cravings" he told her with a little laugh

 

"Jeongmal?" she asked, "You already said it! You can't take it back!" Myeong Joo added laughing. "I'll have you treat me to ice cream every day, ooooh! And cake too!" her eyes went even wider then, "Ice cream cake!" she looked thoughtful as if she was still thinking of what she wanted to eat. But then she suddenly frowned.

 

"What's wrong?"

 

She looked Seo Dae Yeong in the eye and said, "But ice cream and cake has a lot of calories"

 

"Is that a problem?" He asked. He didn't understand why she was pouting

 

"You might go back to the stewardess lady if I gain weight." she said. Then shaking her head she added, "Ani, ani. Let's make it once a week, or every other week, that way I won't fatten up." Then she gave Seo Dae Yeong a sharp look. "Don't buy me sweets all the time okay?"

 

Seo Dae Yeong gave her a sad smile. She was already too beautiful; she was perfect in every way. He didn't understand what was wrong with gaining some weight. But then again, he will never understand women.

 

Seo Dae Yeong shook his head. "I will buy you sweets whenever you want it. You don't have to stop yourself from eating when you want to eat. I can never understand that, and I won't ever leave you for anything. I will stay by your side for however long you'll want me."

 

Myeong Joo gave him a playful smile. "Even if I say I want you with me forever?"

 

"Even then."

 

They both smiled and continued to eat their ice cream.

 

"Ah!" Myeong Joo exclaimed remembering something, "Let's take a picture." she said fishing for her phone. "You deleted all my photos. We need to replace them" she continued as she changed some of the settings on her phone's camera

 

Seo Dae Yeong leaned in closer to her as she positioned the phone in front of them "1..." he continued to lean closer,

"..2.."

Closer still

"..3!"

 

Snap

 

When Myeong Joo took the photo, Seo Dae Yeong closed the gap between them and placed a soft cool kiss on her cheek. His lips were cold from eating the ice cream and Myeong Joo felt the tingly feeling as his lips met her warm cheek. She was shocked but when she turned to face Dae Yeong, he was already fully seated on his seat and once again on his ice cream and looking out the window feigning innocence.

 

Myeong Joo just smiled, and took a look at the photo she just took. They were adorable if she did say so herself, she continued to look at the photo smiling and then she thought of something.

 

She tapped on the edit button and cropped their photo, right where Dae Yeong's lips would meet Myeong Joo's cheek. She saved one photo of Dae Yeong's side and the other of hers.

 

Then she turned to Dae Yeong and said "Yah, lend me your phone." Without a word Dae Yeong fished for his phone and handed it to Myeong Joo.

 

She began to tap some things on their phones and after a few minutes, she smiled. She looked at Seo Dae Yeong with a big smile which made him curious.

 

"What is it? What's with that face?" This only made Myeong Joo's smile widen.

 

She held both their phones then showed the Sergeant Major what she did.

 

She set the photo they just took as the wallpaper for both their cell phones. However, on Seo Dae Yeong's the wallpaper showed only Myeong Joo's side of the photo and the other side showed on Myeong Joo's phone. This way, you can only see the whole picture when the two cell phones were placed side by side.

 

"Yah, that's--" he began to protest but Myeong Joo cut him off

 

"Don't even think of changing it without telling me." Myeong Joo cut him off as he handed him back his phone.

 

"Yes, Sir"

 

[A/N: I don't know if this applies to all military forces but sometimes even female soldiers are also addressed as 'Sir' :)]

 

*****

"Mi Young-ah!" somebody shouted, immediately Mo Yeon turned towards the voice.

 

"Oppa!" and the little girl ran towards Dr. Park who was coming towards them. He easily lifted her up and held her in his arms.

 

"I thought I told you to stay in my office while I work?" he told the child

 

"But I wanted to find Eomma, and your office is boring oppa." Mi Young whined, further burying her face into her brother's neck. He turned to Kang Mo Yeon who was watching them smiling at the sight.

 

"Why do I always find myself in situations where you step in to save the day?" Dr. Park asked Mo Yeon with a smile on his face. He was truly grateful to Mo Yeon, he didn't even know that Mi Young had left his office. And he didn't even want to find out what would have happened if someone else had found the child.

 

"I didn't really," Mo Yeon replied, "A little boy named Eun Seok found her. I only asked one of the nurses to page you." she explained.

 

"Ah, I see." said Dr. Park. "Still, I owe you again. Thank you, but I guess it would still be a no if I asked you to a meal together?"

 

Kang Mo Yeon only smiled.

 

"Wae, unnie?" Mi Young asked, "Why don't you go out with my oppa? He's very handsome, and unnie is very pretty!"

 

Kang Mo Yeon laughed at that, the child was simply too cute. "Really?" she asked, "But unnie already has a boyfriend, and he's really scary when he gets jealous!" Mo Yeon told Mi Young playfully putting her hands to the sides of her head pretending to roar and scare the little girl.

 

Dr. Park laughed when Mi Young gave a squeal.

 

"Scary, huh?"

 

"Oh! You startled me!" Mo Yeon exclaimed when Yoo Si Jin suddenly appeared from behind her. He was wearing regular clothes, which meant that he has been relieved from his work for the day.

 

"Hello there, I'm Yoo Si Jin." he introduced himself to the people Mo Yeon was talking to. "I believe we haven't been formally introduced."

 

"Hello, I'm Dr. Park, and this is our Mi Young" he added pertaining to the little girl. "Go on, say hello"

 

"Hello. Park Mi Young imnida" Mi Young said.

 

Yoo Si Jin smiled at the little girl and then faced Mo Yeon, who was as red as a tomato. "Are you ready to go?" he asked her.

 

"Ne." she answered without looking at him, then gave a bow towards Dr. Park "We'll be leaving now, Annyeong Mi Young-ah" and she waved at her.

 

"Annyeong Unnie!" Mi Young said with a wave and Mo Yeon immediately turned towards the exit. She was still embarrassed about earlier.

 

"Goodbye." she heard Yoo Si Jin say, and suddenly he was beside her.

 

From the corner of her eyes she can see Yoo Si Jin smiling.

 

"Yahh." Kang Mo Yeon whined. "We're not going to talk about that, arasso?"

 

Yoo Si Jin said nothing. "Aish." Kang Mo Yeon exclaimed and then she ran towards the parking lot without looking back. She needed to collect herself first. She stopped at Si Jin's car and took several deep breaths.

 

"You idiot, Kang Mo Yeon" she scolded herself, "He already told you that he didn't like for you to talk to Dr. Park-- But wait a minute, It's not my fault that Mi Young turned out to be his sister. I'll explain that to him first before he can say anything. Yes. That's what I'll do. Kang Mo Yeon fighting!" she tried to cheer herself up, and again took deep breaths.

 

But not a moment later, she felt somebody put a coat around her shoulders. It was Yoo Si Jin

"I'm not mad at you for talking to that doctor." he must have overheard her talking to herself. "Don't worry."

 

But Kang Mo Yeon looked at him with worry in her eyes. Yoo Si Jin hugged her tight then

 

"Dr. Kang is somebody that I can entrust my life with. I trust you."

 

"And you're right to trust me." Mo Yeon said as she wrapped arms around Yoo Si Jin.

 

Yoo Si Jin smiled to himself, "Beautiful" he said out loud

 

"I already know that" Kang Mo Yeon replied and they both let out a small laugh

 

 

*****

 

The couple went straight back to their hotel room after they had their dinner. Yoo Si Jin let Mo Yeon use the shower as he began to get ready for bed. He took off his clothes and went under the covers in only some sweatpants and he dimmed the lights in the room. He then picked up his phone from the bedside table and began to browse some things online.

 

Then without giving it much thought he clicked on a link that leads him to a bridal website. It showcased some real fancy engagement parties and extravagant wedding events. He clicked on another link that leads to engagement rings and casually browsed through them. He just kept on browsing, but then he stopped at one of them and clicked zoom.

 

"Ani. It's too simple for someone like Kang Mo Yeon. She deserves the world. This ring wouldn't be enough to represent it." he said to himself.

 

Just then Mo Yeon emerged from the bathroom in only a bath towel, some droplets of water still falling to the carpeted floor.

Yoo Si Jin immediately closed the browser and locked his phone.

 

Mo Yeon gave him a look. "Mwoya? Are you looking at some hot piece of on your phone?" she told him. Even Si Jin was surprised by her language. She usually only talked like this when she was nervous or unsure about something.

 

Si Jin smiled at her then and shook his head. "Ani. I'm looking at my y girlfriend in front of me."

 

"Pssh" Kang Mo Yeon made these sounds and then went to the closet and grabbed some clothes and went back inside the bathroom.

 

When he heard the click on door, Si Jin once again took out his phone and proceeded to delete his browsing history. As part of his job he had already learned to never leave any evidence behind. Old habits die hard.

 

He set his phone down again at the bedside table and shifted in his bed to be more comfortable. Using one arm as a pillow, and staring at the ceiling he just started thinking, and then he closed his eyes. Of nothing in particular, he just let his mind wander. He didn't even open his eyes when he heard the bathroom door open, and he felt Mo Yeon walk towards the edge of the bed.

 

"Mwoya?" he heard her say in a very soft voice. "Are you already sleeping?" she sighed. "And I thought long and hard about this too." She continued as she sat on the edge of the bed.

 

"Who said I was asleep?" Yoo Si Jin said, suddenly opening his eyes and tackling Kang Mo Yeon down.

 

Mo Yeon let out a little gasp as Yoo Si Jin pinned her down on the bed, with both his arms framing the sides of her head.

 

But Yoo Si Jin noticed it too late. "What the--" and he immediately pulled away. He was now kneeling on the bed, while Mo Yeon was still lying down. Now that he took a look at her, she was only wearing lingerie; her hair was still wet from her shower and she was breathing heavily.

 

Is this what she was nervous about? He started to think. But he couldn’t think, not with his girlfriend practically in front of him!

 

"Yah, Dr. Kang, what is this?"

 

With all her strength Kang Mo Yeon lifted herself from the bed and wrapped her arms around Si Jin's neck then whispered "This is me asking you to make love to me." Then she pulled her down and kissed him.

 

*****

A/N PLEASE READ:

Obviously there’s some coming, but I don’t want to put it in this story because I want to keep this story rated PG so everyone can view and read it. Please don’t get mad at me :(

If you want a copy of the rated M version of the next chapter or any of the future chapters that may contain , please send me an email at [email protected] so I can email it to you.  If you have any suggestions how we can make this easier for all of us please let me know. I'm such a newbie at these kinds of things. :(

 

Also if you have any suggestions, prompts, or anything you want to say to me at all. You can also send me an email. I'm thinking of making a one-shot collection of anything about the characters of the story. They could be as fluffy as an innocent date, or as steamy as you like! I'll try very hard to make it up to your expectations. Leave a comment if you want me to create a compilation of these or if you want me to just send you a personal copy :)

 

Thank you very much for reading this story; you do not know how much this means to me. I love you guys, please talk to me more, I don't bite ;) love you all to bits. :*

Ps. sorry for any typos, I made this in a hurry :D