EPISODE 3 Part 2

Descendants of the Sun Season 2

A/N: I'm really sorry for the long wait. But here is the next chapter. Here we get to see more of Eun Mi :), I hope you enjoy it :) 

*****

 

 

[EPISODE 3 PART 2]

 

"Uwaaah, those two people must be crazy to date idiots like you two."

 

Their eyes went wide to see a girl behind them. And not just any girl, this one was the devil's spawn.

 

"Eun Mi?!"

 

The girl cocked her head to one side, and then slowly a ghost of a smile appeared on her beautiful doll-like face. Then she held up one hand

 

"Annyeong Oppa."

 

The two men were both surprised to see the girl who appeared suddenly. Eun Mi is Yoo Si Jin's cousin from his mother's side of the family. She lived with her parents in America, that's why they were not expecting this scenario. The last time both Si

 

Jin and Dae Yeong saw her was at her 18th birthday where they were both invited; they haven't seen her since then, Si Jin made sure of that since they didn't like each other and that was eight years ago.

 

Si Jin cleared his throat and tried his best to regain his composure. "Jung Eun Mi," he said, trying not to stammer, "What are you doing here? I thought you were studying in America."

 

Eun Mi rolled her eyes at him, "Do you even check the post cards we send you every year? I just graduated."

 

Both Dae Yeong and Si Jin looked surprised. They didn't realize that time had gone by so fast.

 

"That still doesn't answer Major Yoo's question," this time it was Seo Dae Yeong who spoke

 

"Ne, Oppa. I finished my degree and I'm here for my internship." she said coolly.

 

This wasn't good. If Eun Mi was here then trouble would surely follow, she always made sure to make Si Jin's life miserable.

 

So he made a face and threw his arms around Eun Mi in false affection.

 

"Aigoo!" Si Jin said, as he patted Eun Mi's back. "Our little girl is all grown up and moving to Korea on her own."

 

"Yah, get off me you stink!" Eun Mi said trying to get out of Si Jin's embrace. “And I'm not a little girl, I'm already 26 if you must know." she clarified, and using her hands, she smoothed down her black dress. Trying her best to smoothen whatever wrinkles Yoo Si Jin created.

 

"Arasso, arasso." Si Jin replied, but then suddenly Dae Yeong's phone alerted them of a text message.

 

Opening the message, Seo Dae Yeong's eyes widened. "I think we're in trouble." He says looking over to Si Jin.

 

"What is it?"

 

"I'm not sure, but Myeong Joo says she wants to talk"

 

Then Yoo Si Jin checked his phone and sure enough, there was a message from Mo Yeon, two to be exact. the first was sent a few hours ago, and the second telling him when he could come over because she wanted to tell him something. He pocketed his phone and turned to Seo Dae Yeong.

 

"Stay calm, there is only one witness and she's here" nodding towards Eun Mi, who raised an eyebrow. "It can't be that bad, let's go check it out."

 

They both started walking towards the main street when Eun Mi called out to them, "You're seriously going to meet them in that state?"

 

The two men looked at each other, shrugged and kept walking.

 

"Yah!" Eun Mi yelled. "At least take a shower!" and on a side note she added "Not that I care." And she turned around and headed for her new apartment.

 

*****

 

An hour of sleep, a shower, and 2 cups of coffee later, Seo Dae Yeong was leaning on his car waiting for Myeong Joo to come outside. It was already 8 in the evening, and though he was hungry he didn't eat before coming and kept on shifting his weight a sign of his nervousness.

 

Myeong Joo emerged from the barracks a few moments later, and she beamed at Seo Dae Yeong when she saw him.

 

"Hi" she greeted then gave him a hug. He didn't expect this. He thought he was going to be punished. He guessed she didn't know.

 

"Yah, why are you so stiff? Can't you hug me properly?" she complained, snapping Dae Yeong out of his thoughts.

 

Myeong Joo inhaled deeply as they broke apart; taking in Seo Dae Yeong's scent.

 

"I appreciate that you took a shower before meeting me" she said with a little laugh.

 

"Of course, I wouldn't want you to be hanging around a stinky person would I?"

 

Myeong Joo just smiled, "Let's go I'm starving" she said, and Dae Yeong opened the car door for her.

 

"So what do you want to eat?" Dae Yeong asked Myeong Joo when he eased onto the road.

 

"Hmmmm" Myeong Joo looked thoughtful for a moment then said, "Samgyeopsal? Do you remember that place we went to when we got back from Urk?"

 

Seo Dae Yeong nodded, "Yes, Would you like to go there?"

 

"Yes." she replied and After driving a few minutes they arrived at the restaurant.

 

 

*****

 

Yoo Si Jin texted Mo Yeon to wait for him because he would pick her up.

 

Okay. But I have another surgery I might take a while.

 

Its fine, I'll wait for you.

 

After taking a shower he dialled his father's number.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Oh, Si Jin-ah, you haven't called in a while, Is everything all right?" He sounded a bit worried,

 

"Ne Abeoji, everything is all right. Guende, I met Eun Mi earlier" Si Jin said, testing the waters. His father usually got mad when he didn't treat his family well, and he knew that Si Jin never really got along well with Eun Mi.

 

"Gurae?" His father replied, not sounding very interested, "I thought I already told you, I guess I forgot."

 

"Abeoji, how could you forget something like that?" Si Jin asked, very irritated.

 

"It doesn't matter, really." His father said. "It's not like you can do anything about it."

 

"Well that's..." But Si Jin knew his father was right, he didn't even know why he called his father in the first place. To rant? No, not really. "It would still be better if you gave me a head's up you know."

 

"Fine, I'm sorry. Ah!" His father sounded like he just remembered something. "Please look after Eun Mi, I think she would be working at the same hospital your girlfriend works at."

 

"Mwomnikka?" Si Jin asked. "At Haesung?"

 

"Yes, that's right. Take care of her, I already told your Aunt that you would." His father said, "I'm hanging up now,"

 

And just like that his father hung up on him.

 

Great, now I'm a babysitter.

 

Then he suddenly remembered  "Oh ." If Eun Mi would work at Haesung, it would only be a matter of time before she met Mo Yeon.

 

******

 

30 minutes had already passed since Dae Yeong and Myeong Joo started eating, and yet Myeong Joo still hasn't said anything, making Dae Yeong more nervous.

 

Relax. He remembered Si Jin saying, She doesn't know.

 

"I need to tell you something," Myeong Joo began, and then took a small sip of her water. "Remember that I told you to come help me do something this coming weekend?" she asked

 

"Yeah, I remember. What about it,"

 

Myeong Joo smiled apologetically. "You don't have to come with me, I found another person to go with"

 

Seo Dae Yeong was immediately on alert. "And who is this other person?" He asked raising one eyebrow at her.

 

Myeong Joo almost laughed. "Oh, would you relax? I'm going with Kang Mo Yeon" she said then took another slice of pork from the pan.

 

"Really? It's nice that you two are finally getting along" Dae Yeong commented.

 

Myeong Joo gave Dae Yeong a sad smile after swallowing, "It started about a year and a half ago actually" she began, "during the time that you and Sunbae were thought dead. I think spending time with Kang Mo Yeon eased the pain, knowing that we're going through it together. We understood each other, and it felt nice because it was a really tough time."

 

Seo Dae Yeong stopped eating, he felt awful. "I'm sorry" he said, but Myeong Joo just waved a hand dismissively.

 

"Stop it. it's already happened, what's important is you're here now." she said, then continued eating. She took one piece of meat then prepared a lettuce wrap for Dae Yeong.

 

"Say Ah.." she said holding the wrap up to the Sergeant Major's lips.

 

*****

 

It was almost 9pm when Si Jin arrived at the hospital. He took the elevator to Mo Yeon's department, then asked for Mo Yeon

 

"Is Kang-sonsaeng still in surgery?" He asked one of the nurses

 

Before answering the nurse looked at one of the monitors near the OR which showed that the operating surgeon was Kang Mo Yeon. Then her eyes darted towards the operating room doors. "Oh!" she exclaimed. "There she is, I guess they're done" the nurse said, pointing towards Mo Yeon's general direction.

 

"Ah, kamsahamnida"

 

He walked towards Mo Yeon, who was now talking to some people outside the Operating room, most probably the patient's guardians. She was smiling, which made Si Jin smile. The surgery must have been a success. He felt proud of his girlfriend, who, day and night was saving people's lives.

 

He heard her excuse herself that's when she saw Si Jin, her smile widening.

 

"Oh? You’re here?"

 

Si Jin just smiled, "It seems the surgery went well." he commented, and then wiped a drop of sweat on her eyebrow

 

"Gomawo, the procedure wasn't a very difficult one" she said, "Let me go change, then we can go"

 

Si Jin nodded, and Mo Yeon left.

 

"Major Yoo!"

 

He turned around to find Lee Chi Hun making his way towards him,

 

"Major Yoo, are you here to pick up Dr. Kang?" Chi Hun asked, to which Si Jin nodded.

 

"Ah," Chi Hun said, "Then, you can give her this, it just came in with some other parcels" He said beaming, as he handed Si Jin a small parcel. He wondered what was inside.

 

"I'll give it to her," Si Jin said, then Chi Hun thanked him and left.

 

Si Jin turned the parcel over to find a name of the sender, but what he saw surprised him.

 

Dr. Park

 

Uwahhh, this day isn't going very well for me. He said to himself, and just then Kang Mo Yeon returned. Linking her arms with his, she said, "Ka ja" and she started to walk but Si Jin wasn't budging.

 

"Yah!" she complained, but then suddenly she noticed what Si Jin was holding, "Oh? what do you have there?"

 

"Oh, I don't know, just something from someone called Dr. Park." Si Jin replied. His voice laced with jealousy, he wasn't even trying to mask it. But Mo Yeon just ignored it, teasing him a bit.

 

"Oh, really?" then she grabbed the parcel and started opening it right then and there. "Oh, that's pretty." she said when she unwrapped a beautiful coral-colored shawl. "I think this is cashmere, omo." she added, then trying it on she asked Si Jin,

 

"What do you think? Does it suit me?"

 

"You look great in everything just not that." he answered, and then started walking towards the parking lot. Kang Mo Yeon pouted and she had to jog to catch up to him.

 

"Wait, don't be jealous," she said, unwrapping the shawl from her body and folding it neatly. "I won't use it if it makes you uncomfortable; I know you don't like Dr. Park; but I don’t get why not though, he’s a decent man" she added like an afterthought

 

But Si Jin just ignored her and asked, "Have you eaten?"

 

Kang Mo Yeon, pouted, shook her head no, then said, "I haven't but I'm really tired and I want to go home and rest"

 

Opening the car door for her Si Jin replied, "We can order some take out if you want," he suggested,

 

"That would be great."

 

*****

 

Myeong Joo and Dae Yeong finished eating and are now back in the car. Checking her wrist watch Myeong Joo announced, "It's 9:30!" Then looking at Dae Yeong who was fastening his seatbelt she asked, "Where to next?"

 

"Next?" the sergeant major asked to which Myeong Joo nodded enthusiastically. "Barracks? I thought I would be taking you back now"

 

Myeong Joo made a face. "How many do I have to tell you that it's weird for an adult couple to go home early?" she pouted.

 

"Do you want to get rid of me that badly?"

 

"That's not what I meant, you know that"

 

"Then....let's go get some desert then you can tell me about your day" Myeong Joo replied.

 

"I'd rather hear about yours"

 

After raising an eyebrow and looking intently at Seo Dae Yeong for a second, she finally replied, "Okay, it doesn't matter anyway, I just want to spend time with you..She then fastened on her seatbelt "Ka ja!"

 

Laughing they pulled out of the parking lot and into the late night traffic of Seoul

 

 

*****

 

"Kang son-saeng" Yoo Si Jin said, his words a bit slurred over the food in his mouth. "Don't you think this is a bit too much?" He asked pertaining to the huge amount of food that Kang Mo Yeon ordered, in addition to the beer that she took out of her refrigerator.

 

After taking a swig at her beer Kang Mo Yeon answered, "Are you really complaining?" she asked laughing, "You're the one gobbling up all the chicken"

 

Well considering the situation, Si Jin was hungry. It was a while since he had anything decent in his stomach except all the soju that he and Dae Yeong downed just hours before. So he just smiled at Kang Mo Yeong, mumbling a 'never mind' and continued eating.

 

But again he stopped and asked, "Guende... are we celebrating something?"

 

"Ah! I forgot to tell you" Mo Yeon replied, "I'm getting transferred to the thoracic surgery department!" she announced. "And then I have a good shot at getting promoted to Manager." she added proudly.

 

"Yahh, as expected from the great Kang Mo yeon" Si Jin replied, wiping his mouth and hands with a napkin. "As a reward you can tell me anything you want, If I can give it to you, then it's yours."

 

"Time, understanding and patience."

 

Si Jin was silent, he let Mo Yeon continue.

 

"A new department means that I need to adjust. I need time to sort things out."

 

Si Jin nodded, it seemed simple enough.

 

"Though I would have relatively less surgeries in the new department, they would be serious ones. Sometimes they can last several hours. I might show up late sometimes when we meet, or I might not show up at all.  I need your understanding."

 

"I love how you're always patient with me," This time she was looking deep into his eyes. "You might see me grumpy sometimes or acting weird, I ask you to be patient with me. Can you do that?"

 

Yoo Si Jin smiled. "You deserve everything, What you ask is nothing compared to what you deserve."

 

This made Mo Yeon smile. But then Si Jin suddenly looked at her very seriously.

 

"However" he began, "I ask of you the same things... There may be times that I can't be all that you deserve, so I also ask for your patience and understanding."

 

The couple smiled at each other in silent understanding, "Uwaah," Mo Yeon said leaning closer on the table and rested her head on her palm. "I think this relationship is really going somewhere."

 

 

*****

 

Grabbing her car keys from the counter top, Eun Mi walked out of her apartment. Suddenly her cell phone began to ring,

 

"Hello?" she greeted the person on the other line.

 

"Eun Mi-ah, it's me." the voice says, immediately recognizing owner of the voice.

 

"Oh, Uncle" she said smiling, "Annyeonghaseyo, "

 

"It is your first day at Haesung today, right?" her Uncle asked

 

"Yes, Uncle. I'm actually just leaving my apartment."

 

"Ah, Gurae? Then it's a good thing I asked Si Jin to come by"

 

"Oppa? Why? Doesn't he have to work or whatever soldiers do" Eun Mi replied "I can drive there on my own Uncle"

 

"Nonsense, it's your first day, and he has nothing to do so just let him take you there." Eun Mi's eyes travelled towards the parking lot, and sure enough there was Yoo Si Jin's car. Sighing, Eun Mi walked towards him.

 

"Hello?" the retired general asked when Eun Mi didn't say anything,

 

"Yes, Uncle. Oppa's here" she replied.

 

"That's good, then I'll tell your mother that you're all set now. I'll hung up then" and he did

 

Ah, Eun Mi finally realized, it was Eomma.

 

Her mother was so overprotective she didn't remember how she had convinced her mom to let her live alone in Seoul. Now she knew, she had a baby sitter.

 

Finally facing Yoo Si Jin she said before he could say anything "You can leave. I can drive myself to work"

 

Yoo Si Jin closed his eyes and shook his head no, "No. If I don't take you to Haesung myself, not just one but two people are gonna shoot me straight in the head without blinking."

 

"Two?"

 

"Your Mom and my father." Si Jin replied opening the car door on the passenger side. "So be a good girl and get in."

 

"I don't need a babysitter. Leave" Eun Mi said stubbornly and headed towards her own car.

 

"Would a bribe work?" Si Jin said, and Eun Mi stopped dead in her tracks. She wasn't an easy person, but when it was Si Jin offering she knew he was serious. She didn't really like him. To her he was stubborn, cocky and annoying, but if the guy had any redeeming qualities, it would be his ability to offer some really good deals and keep his end of the bargain.

 

"Aish. You haven't changed at all," he said as he approached her.

 

"What do you want?"

 

"I can have anything? What's the catch?"

 

"My life is too important to be lost just because you don't want to get in the same car as me, whatever you want is a small price to pay. There's no catch" Si Jin replied

 

Eun Mi thought for a moment but she didn't really have anything she wanted at the moment, so she replied. "Actually, I don't want anything in particular right now. Let's just say you owe me."

 

"You want to go about it that way?" He asked

 

"Ne. You're off-the-hook for now, but I'm still going to claim my bribe some other time."

 

"Arasso, arasso. Get in the car." he said, pushing Eun Mi towards the car.

 

The car ride was a short one. Eun Mi made sure that she got an apartment close to the hospital. Si Jin parked the car and Eun Mi started to get out.

 

"Thanks for the lift." she said as she closed the door. She started to walk towards the main entrance when she turned back and knocked on Si Jin's window.

 

"Did you forget something?"

 

"You don't have to lie to me. I know your girlfriend works here too, so get out." she ordered Si Jin.

 

"What?"

 

Then Eun Mi smiled her most mischievous smile, "I know what I want now."

 

Si Jin just looked at her, clearly confused about the entire situation, so Eun Mi continued, "I want to meet your girlfriend."