EPISODE 1 Part 2

Descendants of the Sun Season 2

[EPISODE 1 PART 2]

 

A/n: Here’s some romantic fluff for ya’ll.  I know I promised to update with longer chapters but I decided to update this short chapter because the next parts in this episode will be filled with seriousness, and drama. :) Also, from this point on, I will use "dan-gyeol" whenever the characters salute their superiors, which means Unity. :) It is used when soldiers salute because it means they 'salute to Unity'. :)

 

"Dan-gyeol." Seo Dae Yeong and Myeong Joo greeted their superior.

 

"Dan-gyeol" Yoo Si Jin returned the salute, but looked at the two of them in confusion. "What are you doing here?" he asked Myeong Joo. He thought only Seo Dae Yeong will be accompanying him to base.

 

"She insisted on coming, though I told her to stay." It was Dae Yeong who answered.

 

"You can't tell me what to do, I'm higher in rank." Myeong Joo argued raising one eyebrow at him. She loves it when she pulls that card on him. He couldn't do anything.

 

"No, but I asked as your concerned boyfriend." Dae Yeong replied, which earned a sweet smile from Myeong Joo.

Si Jin looked from Myeong Joo to Seo Dae Yeong and back, he could not believe these two. He was confused whether to want to throw up at their cheesiness, or to pat them on the back, hand them a and just get the deed done.

 

"Arasso, arasso, kaja. (Fine. I understand, let's go)" Si Jin said waving his hand in the air as if to dismiss the notion in his brain. He started walking towards the exit, he needed air, but Myeong Joo caught his arm.

 

"Also Sunbae," she began, she looked flustered, and it takes a lot to get Myeong Joo flustered. Si Jin wondered what was going on. "I know you've also noticed this, but I still want to tell you."

 

"What is it?"

 

"It's about Kang Mo Yeon" she continued. That got Si Jin's full attention, "I know it looks like she's okay and she puts up a tough front, but it's obvious she's still shaken up with what happened, I don't think it's okay to leave her like that." then she immediately added, "as a doctor, I mean. Sergeant Major Seo and I can handle the reports and paperwork."

 

No.

 

Words.

 

Si Jin was rendered speechless. He just looked at Myeong Joo dumbfounded, then at Seo Dae Yeong who was obviously frustrated, with his face in both his hands.

 

This time Yoo Si Jin did want to throw up.

 

"Aish, these kids." Si Jin said finally. "Ugh. I feel like throwing up" and made gagging noises.

 

"Sunbae" Myeong Joo whined. Yoo Si Jin cannot look at either of them for the moment.

 

"Arasso, fine, I get it. Go, leave now." and Myeong Joo beamed at him. "Dan-gyeol." and turned around when Si Jin nodded.

 

"Use protection. There better not be traces of 'paperwork' in the car."

 

"Sunbae!" "Yoo Si Jin!" both Myeong Joo and Dae Yeong called, but Yoo Si Jin had already turned his back on them, heading towards Kang Mo Yeon's room.

 

"Don't try anything weird." Myeong Joo told Seo Dae Yeong. More as his Lieutenant than his girlfriend

 

"Don't worry, now's not the right time to unwrap my present."

 

Myeong Joo gave him a look, and started to walk faster, walking ahead of Sergeant Major Seo, before looking over her shoulder saying, "If we finish the report early, I might let you have a peek." with a sultry smile on her lips.

 

Seo Dae Yeong stopped walking with his hands on his hips, feigning annoyance.

 

"Yah, Yoon Myeong Joo, that's quite straightforward of you." he told her.

 

She just raised an eyebrow. "I've always been bold with you-- it's you who always seemed to have only one foot in the door with me."

 

Seo Dae Yeong smiled, he recalled the times that Myeong Joo went ahead and flirted and joked with him. He shook his head; he could never win anything when it came to Myeong Joo.

 

"Yah, palli!" Myeong Joo called Seo Dae Yeong, snapping him out of his thoughts.

 

*****

 

Using his key card, Si Jin opened the door to his and Mo Yeon's room. He was expecting that Mo Yeon would still be up watching TV, but he was quite surprised to see the room dark. With only the light coming from the hallway from the half-open door, Si Jin sees Kang Mo Yeon bundled up in the sheets.

 

"Yah, I haven't even been gone 20 minutes," Si Jin said to himself, "Is it that easy to sleep without me?"

 

He set down his things on the floor and began to get ready for bed. Nope, he wasn't getting laid tonight. He didn't bother going into the bathroom, it was dark enough so he took off his uniform, and changed into simple sweat pants and forwent the shirt. He usually slept in only his boxers but he didn't want to scare Mo Yeon when she woke up the next morning.

 

Yoo Si Jin went under the covers quietly. Lying at his side he watched Kang Mo Yeon's face. There was a little crease between her eyebrows.

 

"She worries even in her sleep." Si Jin said quietly before brushing stray strands of hair from her forehead, and kissed her there softly, careful not to wake her.

 

Mo Yeon's eyes fluttered slightly, "Am I dreaming?" she said quietly, her voice laced with drowsiness. Si Jin said nothing, and Mo Yeon's eyes opened slightly wider. "Wah, Yoo Si Jin is lying beside me." she says as she snuggled in closer to him, burying her face into his chest, she inhaled deeply. No I'm not dreaming, she thinks to herself as she takes in Yoo Si Jin's scent. He's here.

 

Yoo Si Jin shifted slowly so he was lying down with Kang Mo Yeon's head on his chest, and using his arms to hold her close. He closed his eyes; he can finally sleep without worrying about her. This felt nice, keeping her close like this; it makes it easier to protect her. It must be why he felt so peaceful. But it was short-lived. He suddenly felt something wet upon his chest.

 

Is she crying? He thought

 

He her hair. He let her cry. He didn't know what else to do.

 

"Mianhe" he heard her say.

 

"Shhh, you don't have to be sorry for anything."

 

Kang Mo Yeon lifted her head from Si Jin's chest. "You're here?" she asked, "You're really here?"

 

Si Jin smiled softly, "Yes, I'm really here"

 

She hugged him then. "Why are you here? I thought you were needed at base."

 

"Somebody stepped in for me."

 

"Really? Who?"

 

"Let's talk about it tomorrow, you need to rest."

 

Mo Yeon snuggled in closer to Si Jin wanting to get more of his manly scent, it was far better than any sleeping pill out there, and she was asleep in seconds.

 

 

 

***

 

Sorry for the short update, what did you think? Please comment, I enjoy reading them :)