EPISODE 2 Part 2

Descendants of the Sun Season 2

[EPISODE 2 PART 2]

 

The girls were in the ladies room for too long, Si Jin couldn't handle all this secrecy and uncertainty. How does Mo Yeon handle being in a relationship with me? he thought. SO this was how waiting and hoping for the best felt.

 

He couldn't sit still any longer, he took out his phone from his pocket and scrolled for Seo Dae Yeong's number; he answered on the second ring.

 

"Dan-gyeol" Sergeant Major Seo said on the other line.

 

"How fast can you get to the hospital?" Si Jin asked him

 

Seo Dae Yeong was silent for a second thinking about it, "Probably 10 minutes or so, but we're still finishing up--"

 

"I think there's something wrong with Lieutenant Yoon, come quickly" he cut him off. He had to come, maybe he can get the secret out of Myeong Joo. It was hard to worry about someone when you don't even know what the matter with them is.

 

Seo Dae Yeong then answered in a heartbeat, "I'll be there in 5" and he hung up.

 

*****

"Lieutenant Yoon is acting weird." Lee Chi Hun said as they were disposing their lunch trays

 

Min Ji gave him a look and asked, "What do you mean?"

 

"Well, yesterday she fainted after feeling nauseous; earlier today she was looking paler than usual, and then asked for Kang-sem; and if nobody else noticed I think her walking was a bit wobbly" he clarified

 

"Just leave her be." Dr. Song said, "It could be women's issues."

 

"Women's issues?" Min Jin echoed. Then her eyes widened and let out a small gasp. "Omo! Could she be pregnant?"

 

 

******

Myeong Joo went out of the stall a few minutes later and washed her hands at the sink. Kang Mo Yeon just watched has as she leaned on the wall next to the door.

 

"What now?" Mo Yeon asked when Myeong Joo leaned on the wall opposite her.

 

"Now we wait,"

 

Another few minutes later, the first line began to appear

 

"I can't believe this, you're gonna be a mum before me." Mo Yeon said as they stared at the test.

 

"This isn't a contest you know, and though I really want to be a mom" she said. "this strip says otherwise,"

 

Mo Yeon leaned in to get a better look. "It's negative?"

 

"Ne."

 

"Both of them?"

 

"Ne." Myeong Joo said again, with a blank expression on her face. For Mo Yeon it was hard to tell if she was happy or disappointed with the results, seeing Myeong Joo like this.

 

"How do you feel?" she asked Myeong Joo

 

"Honestly? I feel fine," Myeong Joo replied. "I thought I'd be more devastated than this, but I guess I wasn't ready to be a  mom after all." she added, "Besides, the only reason I wanted this so badly, was so that I can have a reason to marry Sergeant Major Seo quickly" she continued with a big smile on her face, clearly proud of what she said.

 

 

Mo Yeon smiled at that, at least Myeong Joo was ready for that big step. If Mo Yeon was, she wasn't sure.

 

"If you tested negative" Mo Yeon began, changing the subject before they get into the topic of marriage, "then what's wrong with you?" she asked

 

"I can't be sure," Myeon Joo replied thoughtfully, "It could be over-fatigue, or worse anemia."

 

"Iron deficiency then huh?" Kang Mo Yeon replied, she was also thinking what could be wrong with Myeong Joo with the symptoms that she's been showing. She then took her arm.

 

"Come with me, let's draw a blood sample" Mo Yeon told Myeong Joo and led her out of the bathroom. Outside they were surprised to see both their boyfriends wearing their worry on their sleeves.

 

"Oh! You're here already?" Myeong Joo asked Seo Dae Yeong when their eyes met.

 

"Are you okay? Did something happen?"

 

"We don't know for sure yet, I'm taking her to draw a blood sample" It was Mo Yeon who answered.

 

"Yah, why are you always getting sick?" Yoo Si Jin asked her, kind of irritated. It was because he got worried over the situation earlier, he thought for the second time that Myeong Joo could be dying. "You." he said to Seo Dae Yeong, with accusing eyes and tone of voice, "Are you not taking care of her? What kind of boyfriend are you? ah, jinjja"

 

But Seo Dae Yeong wasn't hearing anything, Myeong Joo still hasn't answered his question. He needed to hear it from her for him to be able to calm down.

 

Myeong Joo gave him a little smile. "I'm alright; don't worry, it's not an M3 or anything, I'll probably just need some supplements" she said trying to make light of the matter. Though they were only suspecting iron deficiency, she didn't think that it was because of internal bleeding or anything so she didn't elaborate.

 

Seo Dae Yeong looked at her in the eyes, searching for something, anything that could give him a clue of how to help her. Every time she was going through something he didn't know what to do except be with her.

 

"And that's all I ask of you," Myeong Joo said. Mo Yeon and Yoo Si Jin looked at her, obviously bewildered

 

"Did I say that out loud?" Seo Dae Yeong asked confused

 

"No, but I heard you loud and clear" Myeong Joo replied with a smile, "Don't worry, this won't be like last time, I'll be more careful"

 

A few moments later, Kang Mo Yeon sent Myeong Joo's blood sample to the lab for testing. Now they only had to wait until the results came back.

 

"Have you eaten?" Yoo Si Jin asked

 

Myeong Joo and Mo Yeon looked at eat other; "Come to think of it, no. We skipped lunch"

 

Both men looked at both of them exasperatedly. "Yah, both of you are doctors, you should know better than to skip lunch huh?"

 

"It was an emergency matter" Myeong Joo said

 

"Besides," Mo Yeon added, "now we can eat with you" she finished sweetly

 

"Nice save" Myeong Joo said with a small laugh.

 

"You're not off-the-hook yet" Seo Dae Yeong said, as he walked towards Myeong Joo. "We need to have a talk" he told her then gave Si Jin a look, which he understood immediately.

 

"Let's go" Si Jin told Mo Yeon, "what do you want to eat?" he asked as he led her away from Myeong Joo and Dae Yeong

 

Now that the two were alone, the atmosphere around them suddenly became dark and heavy. If it wasn't enough that they were in a hospital, the mood made it more gloomy

 

"What did you want to talk about?" Lieutenant Yoon asked, breaking the silence.

 

Seo Dae Yeong looked at her straight in the eyes and said, "I thought we said we won't keep secrets from each other,"

 

"Yeah, so?"

 

"What aren't you telling me?" she looked at him intently, thinking about what to say next. She was known for being bold about her words and actions but now she wasn't very sure.

 

She took a deep breath. "Earlier today, I had a pregnancy test. Two of them" she emphasized by showing two fingers. She waited for a reaction

 

If Seo Dae Yeong was happy or disappointed it was hard to tell from the poker face he always wore. When he didn't say anything Myeong Joo took it as  a sign to continue, and she did.

 

"They both came out negative." she continued this time the Sergeant Major had something to say

 

"Negative? Are you okay?"

 

"Wow, are you disappointed?" she asked him, “normally guys would be jumping for joy right?”

 

"To be perfectly honest, not entirely." he answered. "I'm glad that you're not pregnant, not because I don't want you to be, but because I'm scared for you and what you would go through, and I'm disappointed because I do want to be a dad."

 

Myeong Joo's eyes began to tear up. How did she ever get so lucky to have a boyfriend like Seo Dae Yeong?

 

"I'm sorry I made you worry," she told him as she tried not to cry, "I didn't want to give false hopes or anything like that"

 

He pulled her into his warm embrace. "I love you" he told me, as she grabbed onto him tightly "I love you, and whatever happens I will love you still. Tell me everything that I need to know, be honest with me. If its good news then we'll celebrate together, if it's bad news then we can give each other comfort. Don't shoulder the entire burden by yourself because you want to save me from pain or disappointment. I love you, Myeong Joo" he said again. "Nothing will ever change that"

 

This time, Myeong really began to cry, "I love you too."

 

 

*****

 

"Myeong Joo thought she was pregnant, but now we suspect it to be Iron deficiency anemia" Kang Mo Yeon told Yoo Si Jin as they drove back to the hotel. Si Jin insisted that he wanted Mo Yeon to have a proper meal, and not the cafeteria food they served at the hospital.

 

"Why aren't you reacting?" she asked him when he didn't say anything.

 

"Because I don't know how to react." he answered. He took a second to look at Mo Yeon before turning his eyes back on the road, "This is a very touchy subject for us men, you know."

 

Mo Yeon gave him an irritated look, "It's not like you're the ones bearing the child." she said, as they started pulling up the at the hotel parking lot, looking for a free space

 

"Yeah, but it comes with several different things" he tried explaining

 

"Like what?"

 

"You know, marriage..." he said as he parked the car; He looked as if he was going to say something else but, "come to think of it, that's the only thing."

 

Mo Yeon scoffed at that, "Mwo? So you're saying you don't want to marry me? Is that why--"

 

He kissed her.

 

"What are you doing right n--"

 

And he kissed her again.

 

"I'm shutting you up, in a y way. Again." She just glared at him.

 

"Listen to me,” he told her and he took both of her hands in his, and looked deeply into her eyes. "There is nothing more I would rather want than to marry you. I want to be with you, every second of every day if I can"

 

"Then why don't you?" she asked him

 

"We both know why I can't" he told her pertaining to his job. "But even then, I still want to marry you and make you mine."

 

"Then why don't you?"

 

Yoo Si Jin smiled, knowing Kang Mo Yeon, he was sure that she did know the answer.

 

Before he could say anything, she took back her hands from him and began shaking her head furiously. "Ani,ani, ani, ani, ani. Don't you dare pop the question now." she told Yoo Si Jin with a finger pointing at him. "What are you thinking Kang Mo Yeon? You're in the middle of a crisis! Your friend could be anemic! Stop thinking!" she told herself. Yoo Si Jin couldn't help but smile at the view. She was adorably cute.

 

"That's why I don't" he said, and she looked at him. "You're not ready for marriage. Let's drop the subject for now, and let's get some food in your system okay?" He leaned in close to her and detached her seatbelt. "Let's go."

 

*****

 

Lunch with Yoo Si Jin had been fine. He continued to joke around to get her mind off of what they talked about earlier, and she laughed at all of them. But even as the day neared its end she still couldn't get their conversation out of her head. "Am I not ready to get married?" she asked herself

 

She needed to get some answers; she took out her phone and dialled her mom.

 

"Eomma!" she greeted when her mom answered.

 

"Mo Yeon-ah, what is it?"

 

"I just have a question for you"

 

"Keurae? Oh, what is it?"

 

"How did you know for sure that you were ready to get married?"

 

"Omo! Did Yoo Si Jin propose to you? What did you say?" her mom asked excitedly

 

"Ani. He didn't propose, he said he thinks I'm not yet ready to get married, what does that mean? How do you get ready for that sort of thing?"

 

"You can't" her mom replied. "It's something that you can never get ready for. You can condition yourself and tell yourself over and over that you are ready, but when he pops the question, when you're at the altar, even when you tell yourself you want kids, you're never ready."

 

"What do you mean mom?"

 

"You will always have a doubt. Things don't always turn out for the better. Can you always be ready for that? Things are always changing; you can't possibly be ready for everything. But that's the beauty of marriage. That together as husband and wife you can support each other and learn from each other, and help each other with everything."

 

"Wow mom, that's surprisingly beautiful. Thank you"

 

"You don't have to thank me for anything, I'm telling you this because I want grandkids." her mom told her laughing

"Eomma!"

 

"Yah, you tell Si Jin to propose to you already, if he doesn't then do it yourself. That boy is so much in love with you he'll say yes in a heartbeat."

 

"Arasso, arasso. I've to go now. Thanks mom" and she hung up.

 

Mo Yeon smiled to herself. Thanks to her mom she was confident now. If ever Si Jin popped the question she knew what she was going to say.

 

*****

 

"Kang-sem!" It was Min Ji who called out to her

 

"What is it?"

 

"The lab results are out." Min Ji told her as she handed her a piece of paper that would tell them what was wrong with Myeong Joo.

 

"We were right. Low levels of iron," she said,

“Aww, so she’s not pregnant?” Min Jin said pouting. This made Mo Yeon smile, she was adorable her eyes wandered then looking for someone until it landed on Chi Hun.

 

"Chi Hun!" she called to him, and he rushed over to her side.

 

"Can you prescribe Lieutenant Yoon some iron tablets? I need to go find Si Jin."

 

"Ne." he replied with a big smile.

 

Then after checking her watch she added, "I think it's time that we all went home, I'll talk to the President and announce our leave so we can rest before our flight tomorrow." she said and everyone cheered.

 

"You're already leaving?" a voice spoke behind her. Spinning around she saw Dr. Park who gave her a sad smile.

 

"Ah, Yes. We fly back to Korea tomorrow" she replied returning the smile.

 

"Ah, then this would be my last chance then," He said and started walking towards her. "Can I take you to dinner? As a simple token of my gratitude to you."

 

Mo Yeon searched for the words to say, there were a lot of people around and she didn't want to embarrass Dr. Park in front of everyone.

 

"Can we talk somewhere else? It's a bit crowded in here"

 

Dr. Park complied and led her towards an area with less people. Kang Mo Yeon turned to him then, "I'm very honoured Dr. Park, but you see, I have a boyfriend, and he gets really jealous so I don't think this would be a good idea."

 

"Ah, I see. That's okay then, maybe I can send you something else as a thank you" he said, and then he asked for her address back in Korea.

 

"Oh!" Mo Yeon said, she suddenly remembered that she had to talk to the president about their departure.

 

"Don't worry about it, I'll talk to him" Dr. Park offered. "I doubt you want to be in the presence of that person again."

 

They parted ways afterwards wishing each other the best of luck.

*****

 

 

A/N: It was a false alarm! I'm prepared for the negative feeback! I'm sorry :(. Also, I'm sorry this chapter is too fluffy even for me. I'm having a hard time putting in some heavy drama. I'll try harder tho :D Please leave a comment tell me what you think :)