EPISODE 5 Part 3

Descendants of the Sun Season 2

Author’s note at the end is important please check it out :)

EPISODE 5 PART 3

*****

Si Jin and the Alpha team were getting more and more agitated. It's been three days since they've began the operations to locate and capture Anna Michaels but it's been hit and miss.

The plan was to lure them out using Yoo Si Jin. they've even transferred to a remote base away from Pyeongjin where the supposed base of operations of the Triad was located. Of all their three encounters with some scouts, only one was successful since the first one was killed, and the second committed suicide before he was taken. Luckily the team has managed to stop the third from his attempt and they were able to send a message back to the Triad. That if they wanted the vials of the virus, then the Alpha Team wanted to have a word with Anna Michaels.

They've been lucky so far, no soldier has been fatally injured and their team was working like a well-oiled tank, the only thing they lacked was something to shoot at.

Seo Dae Yeong had just come from the small infirmary that the soldiers set up. He entered a room that he and Major Yoo have converted into a meeting room and immediately he felt the tension in the air.

"Status report, Sir." he saluted both Big Boss and Black Bull breaking the tension in the room.

"At ease." Si Jin replied breaking eye contact with Jordan finally then saying, "and don't bother with the report, I know nothing has turned up yet." this time the major turned his attention toward Black Bull. "Now Captain, if you would be so kind, perhaps you could shed more light on the matter on our hands." Even with all the information that Black Bull had given them the past few weeks, Si Jin knew that it was not everything. There was still something that Jordan was not telling them, and he had to know it if they wanted to have an advantage over the Triad.

Minutes passed in silence, but Black Bull finally sighed. He knew that if he revealed everything he wouldn't be able to go back to

his original position in the military considering he got half of his team killed, and his right-hand-man or in this case woman was behind the whole thing. He could be dishonorably discharged. " it, I'm retiring after this." He then proceeded to tell them about his relationship with Anna Michaels--the Vanguard of the Triad.

*4 YEARS PRIOR*

"Will you marry me?"

The words hung in the air. Seconds passed, maybe minutes Jordan couldn't tell. He was beginning to panic because Anna Michaels, the woman he devoted his life to, was still not answering his question.

She held Jordan's hand in her own and looked straight into his eyes, before speaking. "Before I answer your question, I need to tell you something first."

Her eyes were full of worry and it didn't slip the then-Lieutenant's notice that she seemed a bit panicked. "What is it? You can tell me anything."

She took a deep breath. "Please listen to my whole story, and if you want nothing to do with me after, then I will understand completely" she gives him a small smile, if it was to reassure him or herself, Anna didn't know.

"I'm not going anywhere."

"Okay, here it goes... My name's not really Anna Michaels, it's Anna Zhang"

"So you're Chinese? What's the matter?"

"I'm not just a Zhang. I'm of the Dragon Triad Zhang. My father used to be the head of the Dragon, allowing us to live comfortably when I was growing up."

Jordan's mouth hung open as he heard the words from Anna. "Y-you.. D-dragon... Dragon Triad? As in one of the biggest and most successful gangs to ever walk the planet?"

Anna lets out a laugh. Her laughter breaking the tension, "Yes, exactly that."

"And your father is the head of the Dragon?" he says the question more like a statement for Anna to confirm.

"Not anymore." she was suddenly overtaken with feelings of sadness and nostalgia. She missed her father and mother dearly, and the thoughts of marriage only made her miss them more. She paused before continuing. "He was killed when I was ten. Murdered by his own brother for wealth and power… It was like any other day. My mom and I were playing in my room but I noticed then that she was on

edge. I had just finished pouring the tea for me and my stuffed animals when I heard shots being fired. Everything was a blur then, I could only remember my mom grabbing me and dragging me towards the master bedroom and got out using a secret exit that lead towards the lake at the back of the property. I remember... I kept asking my mom where my dad was. I asked the same question over and over, 'Mom what about Dad? Isn't he coming?', I didn't understand then why my mother didn't answer me and was focused on running." Anna paused again to regain her composure. She was beginning to feel the sting of tears threatening to come out but she didn't want to cry until she told every single detail to her lover.

"I don't remember much after we got on a plane to New York, I didn't even know how we got a hold of the plane tickets. But now I believe that my parents expected the attack and they were ready. My father stayed behind to try to reason with his brother but my mother knew nothing could be done. My mom took me to a relative in New York where we stayed a few weeks, then we moved to Michigan, then Vegas. We never stayed more than two years at one place, believing that my uncle still wanted to kill me and my mom. It was hard but we managed to survive. I graduated high school and decided to join the military to protect my mom. But I couldn't protect her, they found her two years ago when she moved back to New York."

Anna finished her story and finally looked Jordan in the eye. She was surprised to see that he looked like he felt her pain and suffered through the whole ordeal with her. In his eyes, he didn't see pity, but rage and love and sadness. She knew then that she truly loved the man before her. "That's the truth about me. I will continue to live a life looking over my shoulder because eventually my uncle will find me, unless I destroy him first and I don't want to drag you into this life. So think about it again, I won't hate you if you decide you don't want to marry me any...more..." Anna couldn't finish her sentence properly because even before she finished speaking Jordan has knelt down before her.

"I love you, Anna Michaels. Whatever you call yourself, whatever troubles you have been through, and whatever challenges we have to face, we can face them together. I'm not changing my mind. So let me ask you one more time." He pauses to show her the ring one more time. "Will you marry me?"

"Yes."

*****

Things have been going well for Mo Yeon in the hospital. The workload was bearable, and the interns have adjusted well, and they need less supervision now. However, this week Mo Yeon had to go around to evaluate the interns. Though the extra work was tiring, she was still thankful for she had another thing to occupy her mind to stop it from floating to Yoo Si Jin. But no matter how busy she was, every time she closed her eyes she could still see how his handsome face was swallowed up by the closing doors of the elevator.

Every afternoon, she took her lunch with her up to the rooftop to eat. She wanted to stop coming up there to wait for Si Jin to magically drop from the sky, but she couldn't. Because if it did happen, she wanted to be there to see it for herself. Besides, the fresh air and occasional cold drafts help her clear her mind.

But one afternoon as she was packing up her stuff to head home, she noticed that she was missing her tumbler. Mentally cursing herself she gathered her things and made her way to the rooftop. The cleaners would find it when they clean the rooftop and she didn't want to be penalized for littering or whatever, and she really did like that tumbler.

She found her bottle easily enough, she walked towards it to pick it up when she was startled by a woman's voice. Mo Yeon found it odd because she thought she was the one weird enough to hang around the rooftop.

"I know Eomma, you don't have to remind me every single time you call" the voice said. Clearly, the woman was having an argument.

And clearly, the woman's voice sounded so familiar it could only be Jung-sonsaeng from the Emergency department. Mo Yeon didn't mean to eavesdrop but her tumbler was a few ways towards the voice.

"I get it, okay? You want me to go back to general surgery but I won't. Why? Because I like it better in the ER."

The woman was silent again. "No. No matter how many times you yell at me to go back, I won't. Bye mom"

Mo Yeon wasn't really paying as much attention to her walking so she didn't notice that her foot had knocked down her tumbler.

The noise draws attention to Mo Yeon so before Jung Eun Mi could catch her in the act she immediately spoke, "Uhm, excuse me…"

"What?" Eun Mi's tone was y and she did nothing to hide it.

Mo Yeon was taken aback but she hid her surprise, she has the one sneaking about in the first place anyway "Sorry, I just came to get this, I left it earlier" she replied holding up her tumbler.

Eun Mi was still not in a good mood but she realizes that she was talking to Kang Mo Yeon and immediately apologized, "Omo. Kang-sonsaeng. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be rude."

Mo Yeon waved it off and gave Eun Mi and apologetic smile, "It's okay. I'm sorry too, I kind of overheard a bit of your conversation-- not on purpose!" she immediately added, but still she sounded defensive.

Eun Mi laughed, "It's fine."

Mo Yeon moved beside Eun Mi to rest her arms on the railings. "So... your mom giving you a hard time?"

Eun Mi sighs audibly, "You have no idea," but then catching herself she adds, "So sorry doctor, I shouldn't burden you with my personal problems."

Mo Yeon smiles, "I'm off-duty, which means I'm not grading you right now." she faces Eun Mi and adds, "I've heard about your case from Doctor Song. We're pretty close you see, and he told me about this one intern who chose to work at the ER despite the good department and schedule she had going."

Eun Mi smiles, "Yes, that's me." she laughs out loud. "You must think I'm also insane because of my decision, everybody seems to think so." her eyes were downcast, rolling a stray fe on the concrete under her foot.

"Not at all" Mo Yeon replied. "If you believe that's where you belong then no one can stop you."

Mo Yeon looked at Eun Mi and was surprised to see that she locked completely shocked by what she said. "What?" Mo Yeon asked

"Oh! I'm sorry, it's just that a few days ago someone told me the something like that..." Eun Mi laughs at the memory, "though I don't remember very well because I was completely drunk."

"Was that the night of Hansol's birthday?"

Eun Mi let out a snort, "I'd rather call it a boring board meeting."

"Is that the reason you got drunk?"

"What better way to drown out the never-ending spools of lies and empty compliments that those sharks keep spinning."

Mo Yeon was silent. She just stared at Eun Mi, she was so young. Her face glowed with bubbliness but when she talks you understand that behind that facade she puts up she was more mature than most people Mo Yeon knew.

They continued to talk for a while, and instead of speaking further of hospital problems, Mo Yeon opened up the topic about Eun Mi's love life. But the younger doctor only laughed at the remark.

"I have none of the sort Kang-sonsaeng. I'm going to have to say I'm more focused on finishing the internship and actually working before I finally think about love."

Mo Yeon smiles and looks at Eun Mi thoughtfully. "That's funny," she says, "Because if I remember correctly, there's one particular doctor here that is absolutely smitten with you."

But Eun Mi only waves a hand dismissively, "That's impossible doctor, besides, I don't think in-office relationships are allowed here." And they both fell in comfortable laughter.

"It's fun hanging out with you" Eun Mi said, once their laughter has died down.

Mo Yeon looks at her expectantly, "So... Does that mean you accept me into your family?" she asked nervously. She admits that even though she has seniority over Jung-sonsaeng at Haesung Hospital, she was still a member of Si Jin's family, the man that one day she hopes to marry.

Surprised that her idol would even ask that question Eun Mi responded almost too quickly, "Of course! Just tell me if oppa makes things hard for you, I'll kick his sorry ." And once again laughter surrounded them.

*****

Mo Yeon finally had time to herself. She was eating a steaming bowl of ramyeon while watching television in the living room when she heard a loud rapping on her front door.

"Omo." she says a bit startled. "I don't remember inviting anyone over today." she mutters to herself as she approaches the door.

She pauses with her hand on the doorknob, remembering all of the warning she received from Major Yoo. "Who is it?" she asks. But there was no reply. This only heightened her fear. She immediately thought of calling Major Yoo, but it occurred to her that he might not be allowed to take calls and his phone is off. So instead she dialed Lieutenant Yoon--she picked up on the second ring.

"Lieutenant Yoon?" she spoke softly. Another loud knock came to her door so, Mo Yeon took up courage to look through the peephole to indeed find a person standing outside. It looked to be a man, but he was hunched over holding something to his stomach so Mo Yeon wasn't really sure. "There's a suspicious person outside my house right now and I don't know what to do" she spoke rapidly and quietly trying to hide her fear.

"Okay, calm down." Myeong Joo replied. "I'm nearby, I'll be right there. Don't open the door for anyone but me."

Mo Yeon muttered an "Okay, thank you" before ending the call. It's going to be fine, she thought to herself. But another loud rapping shook her, this time she could hear faint sounds of ragged breathing.

"Who's there?" she asks again, louder this time to make sure she was heard.

"Please..." a man's voice replied "Please you've got to help me. I'm injured."

Mo Yeon was immediately filled with panic and guilt. Believing it to be a patient who was in need of immediate medical care, Mo Yeon immediately opened the door revealing a man, who looked to be in her late 40's holding a bloody hand to his side. "Please..." he speaks again but he could no longer support his own weight and he dropped to the floor. Several drops of blood stained Kang Mo Yeon's

porch.

"Omo. Ajussi! Ajussi get a hold of yourself." she immediately tries to help the man get up but he was too heavy. Mo Yeon was only able to drag him a few ways then leaning him against the wall. Mo Yeon felt the stranger's pulse--it was still strong but by the amount of blood the patient was losing she was sure it would not last long.

"Ajussi stay with me, keep pressure here." she instructed the man who was now only haflf-awake. His eyelids drooping and his head bobbing a bit from side to side. Mo Yeon immediately ran into her bathroom to get her first-aid kit and a flashlight. When she came back she saw that there was now a small pool of blood beneath the patient, and once again she fought her panic.

Immediately she cut through the material of the man's shirt and used a fresh gauze to press onto the wound absorbing the excess blood. Using her flashlight, she shed some light onto the wound to study it.

Mo Yeon gasped "You were stabbed." she said the sentence in a way that she was not sure if it was a question or a statement. She ransacked her first aid kit for something to use to help the patient but there were only gauze pads, antiseptic and medical tapes.

Who was she kidding? When she bought the kit she assumed she would use it for cuts and scrapes not stab wounds!

Taking another set of large gauze pads, she replaced the old bloody one with it and taped it into place. She remembered that Myeong Joo was on her way but she needed to call an ambulance right away. Without another word she searched for her phone through the open packs of gauzes and rolls of tape. She finally found it where she dropped it on the floor a few moments ago, and immediately she dialed 911.

"9-1-1?" she said, "Please I need an ambulance a--" But she was cut off when her phone was swatted away from her hands by none other than the patient whose life she wanted to save.

"D-don't call f-for h-help" he said weakly. "They sent m-me here, t-they will know." Now, Mo Yeon was more confused than ever.

"What do you mean?"

"They will kill us."

Paying the man's words, no attention, she scrabbled to reach for her phone, again she tried dialing 911, and told them her emergency.

But just as she finished telling them the address, deafening bangs on her door came jolting her from her spot on the floor.

And even before she could get up her door was forced open and several men in dark clothing filled her line of vision.

"Who are you!?" she screamed at the people in front of her. "What do you want?!" at this point she was already shaking with fear and was silently hoping and praying that Lieutenant Yoon come and save her.

"Is that her?" Mo Yeon hears one of the men say, but she didn't know who because they all had masks to cover their faces except for their eyes. "Take her now." she hears the same voice say and before she could blink two strong arms yanked her from the floor and forced her on her feet.

"What are you doing?! Let go of me! How dare you touch me!" Mo Yeon couldn't do anything but yell, and scream, and squirm, and fight.

"What do I do with this other one?" another man spoke. Mo Yeon could make out from the corner of her eyes that the same man used his gun to point toward the stranger who was bleeding on Mo Yeon's apartment's floor.

"Kill him."

"Will do." Mo Yeon's eyes widened and she fought harder screaming at the strange men to stop! But nobody cared and nobody listened.

Bang!

For a moment Mo Yeon couldn't hear anything else. She had closed her eyes not wanting to see somebody killed before her. But when she opened them she was surprised to see that the man who had his gun aimed at her patient still hadn't pulled the trigger. It took her a few seconds to register that instead of five people standing on her porch, now there were only four.

". Hurry up!" she heard the man to her left say, and then another gunshot. Again, she was pushed forward. In the dark she could make out a vehicle outside with its door wide open. It looked like a van, or a jeep, she couldn't make it our clearly. Her arms already hurt from struggling and she couldn't help the scream that left her lips as she registered that there was a dead man at her feet. Her eyes scanned the outside area, searching for another threat but instead she met a set of eyes that had once looked at her with disdain.

"Lieutenant Yoon." Mo Yeon whispered. Her eyes filled with tears of hope and joy. She struggled once again, harder than she had fought before. Now that there was a chance that she could be saved she would fight. "Lieutenant Yoon!" Mo Yeon says again louder calling to the person who could save her.

One second later she felt a hard object making hard contact with her skull. Her vision began to blur and she felt warm liquid trickling down her face. She blinked once... twice. But the third time she didn't open her eyes.

*****

Hello lovely readers!

Here’s the update we’ve all been waiting for! Did you like it?

I’ve updated a Bonus Chapter in my other book, and if you haven’t read it yet, then you should because there’s some real fluffy Minseok and Eun Mi moments :)

Can you guys tell me your favorite line from the drama? I'm giving a dedication giveaway in Wattpad, but I don't know what giveaway to give here in aff. Do you have any suggestion? Please hit me up :)

Mine is when Si Jin and Mo Yeon were at the shipwreck in Urk and when Mo Yeon asked Si Jin if he has ever been bewitched, and he replies with “I have. You should know.” MY HEART WAS CRAZY FLUTTERING AT THAT SCENE.

Please do participate! I really want to interact with all of you, this story has already reached 30K reads here in aff and not that many people are upvoting or commenting. Please do comment because I want to get to know you too! I don’t want to be the only person blabbering and fangirling over DoTS haha. It’s more fun to fangirl with friends!

Till next time lovelies!