EPISODE 5 Part 2

Descendants of the Sun Season 2

 

So sorry it took so long. :) Please read the note at the end and leave a comment! I love reading them thank you! :)

Happy reading!

*****

"Mianhe." The voice was so soft it could not be louder than a whisper. It was a voice she knew she would recognize, even in another life. Finally standing up, Kang Mo Yeon turns and faces the man who was the beginning and the end of her heart ache.

Trying to keep her composure, Kang Mo Yeon begins softly, in a controlled tone, "What are you doing here?"

"I came to apologize." Si Jin says looking straight into his lover's eyes. He was wearing a suit, Mo Yeon thought he looked incredible in it. But she admits that she liked him better wearing his uniform. Both of his hands were balled into fists inside his pockets, trying to shield them from the cold since his coat was now on Mo Yeon's shoulders. He took a step forward. "I came to tell you that you were right. That I want to try to fix this... with you..." he takes another step forward, now only the seat on the swing was keeping them apart. "And I came to tell you that I miss you." he finally admits and offers her a smile.

Mo Yeon was silent. She was still confused about why Si Jin was there in front of her. "Weren't you in Pyeongjin or something?" still quite irritable from the party. She couldn't easily shake the feeling off because even from the garden, the party buzz, and soft music could still be heard.

"I just got back. I came here first thing." he chuckles lightly. "How many times has it been... that I've let you down?"

Mo Yeon looks sadly at the soldier, her shoulders drop at his response. She understood that he couldn't control every situation every time. Unable to look her boyfriend in the eye she says "I'm not disappointed in you Si Jin-ah. I could never be. It's not your fault." she tried her best to show him a smile. "Besides, you're here now, so let's make the most of it."

Unable to look her in the eyes, his gaze remained downcast. He knew that he couldn't stay; the longer he stays with her, the more danger he puts her in. He sees Kang Mo Yeon shift her weight to her other foot and that's when he noticed that she didn't have her shoes on; her heels forgotten just a few feet away.

"Talk to me." Mo Yeon's voice pulls him from his thoughts. "What are you thinking?"

Carefully, he lifts his gaze to meet hers; her eyes showed her concern for him. "I'm think you look like a beautiful sprite; barefoot, and about to frolic in her garden"

Mo Yeon smiles. "If I'm a sprite, what does that make you?" she asks taking his hand, smiling teasingly at him.

"The man you have bewitched." And in Si Jin's eyes she saw something that he hasn't shown her before. Something human. Pain? she thought, No... Hunger. His lips were on hers in the next heartbeat.

Yes, Mo Yeon thought. Si Jin was back. She felt him, not just where they touched but her mind, her heart, and her soul felt him. Si Jin's hand was still in hers, which he used to pull her close. her other hand, roamed freely on his chest. While his mouth made love to her lips. Their kiss was deep, intense and frantic; breathing each other in, as if the kiss they shared was more precious than oxygen itself.

And as if on cue, the lights in the garden , revealing a beautiful landscape in the middle of a modernly designed building. A bit of nature in the middle of a city, if you will. And in the middle of that little bit of nature were two people, passionately in love with each other.

When they broke away, they were both breathing heavily. Si Jin still planting soft kisses on Mo Yeon's lips, her cheeks, and her neck. He drew her in for a hug. Mo Yeon's hands immediately went around Si Jin's waist tightly closing them, her head buried in his chest.

Finally, she spoke the words the Si Jin had been wanting to hear since he saw her, "I've missed you too."

He smiles into her hair. And they stood there unmindful of their surroundings, wrapped in each other's arms, completely forgetting about their worries.

*****

Back inside, the party was still going on and Sergeant Kim was having the time of his life. For the longest time, he just wanted to get to know Nurse Choi better. He didn't tell anybody, but during his training and missions in the military, apart from impressing his Hyung, Sergeant Major Seo, Nurse Choi was another person that he wanted to impress. And now that he was promoted to Sergeant it gave him more confidence.

They have spent most of the evening talking and dancing. And even with the occassional teasing and interruptions from their friends, he could not be happier.

Min Ji's voice broke him from his thoughts, "Excuse me for a minute, I'm just going to the powder room." she told him with a shy smile.

He smiled back and Min Ji went ahead.

All the way to the powder room Min Ji could not wipe the silly grin on her face. She was having a pleasant time. Before she entered the room, she heard an elevator ding, which causes her to look towards the sound, and she sees Dr. Jung with a glass of wine getting inside. Min Ji knew that Dr. Jung came from a family of doctors also, and they were one of the biggest shareholders and financiers of Haesung Hospital.

Min Ji shrugs and tells herself. "I guess she can go where she wants to."

When Min Ji returns to her friends, she spots a new addition to their little group. "Have you seen Dr. Jung?" she overhears the male doctor ask Nurse Ha, who shakes her head no.

When she got closer she recognized that it was Dr. Park Minseok. Clearing to get their attention, she speaks politely, "Uhm.. if you're looking for Jung-sonsaeng, I saw her get in the elevator just a few minutes ago."

"Did you know where she was headed?"

"Definitely downstairs, but I'm not sure what floor" they all offer to help look for her, but the doctor kindly declined, and told them that there was just something that he wanted to tell her personally.

"Thank you." says Dr. Park and with a smile and bow he went after her.

*****

"Who was that?" Myeong Joo asks the group when Dr. Park leaves.

"That was Dr. Park Minseok, have you not met him in Canada, Lieutenant?" Nurse Ha asks.

Myeong Joo just shrugs and shakes her head no. "No, I don't think I've had the pleasure."

"That's good, because he seems to be your type" Aside from the too familiar voice behind her, squeals of excitement that came from Nurses Ha and Choi filled Myeong Joo's ears.

Turning around, Myeong Joo sees Seo Dae Yeong in a suit, looking as dashing as he did in his combat uniform.

Beaming at him she hugs him tightly. As tight as she could without hurting both of them, she was elated to see him there! The next thing she knew was that she was being swept of her feet, she was laughing out loud, and the room was spinning around her.

Seo Dae Yeong spun her around a couple of times; her dress creating mesmerizing swirls around them.

When he finally sets her down, laughter was still around them. Myeong Joo playfully glares at the Sergeant Major before saying, "I've already told you, those I like always starts with and 'S'"

Seo Dae Yeong smiles, and Myeong Joo continues. "So unless the korean alphabet has changed, I don't think Park or Minseok qualifies."

They both laugh again, and Myeong Joo leads the Sergeant Major to an empty cocktail table so they could talk. "So tell me. How did it go? Did you get what you needed? Where's sunbae?"

Seo Dae Yeong took a sip of wine before replying. "Yes, we got it. The Major is in the building looking for Dr. Kang.. Everything rests on the Major from here on in."

Myeong Joo nods slowly in understanding. Seo Dae Yeong doesn't tell her everything about Team Alpha's missions, but she understands what he means when he begins to talk like that. Myeong Joo had put two in two that Yoo Si Jin and the vials would be used as bait.

"Kang Mo Yeon would never allow this." she says

"That's why she will never know"

Myeong Joo shakes her head. She knew she couldn't tell Mo Yeon, she would freak out! But she felt bad that she's keeping such valuable information from her. Information with her boyfriend's life on the line.

"How dangerous is it this time?" She asks

"We're trying to pull them away from Pyeongjin as much as we can." he replies, which means they are trying to lead the Triad away from their base.

"So you won't be going diplomatically about this at all?"

"It doesn't seem that way. It's a very dangerous plan, and I doubt that the Triad would let us take their Vanguard without a fight." he reaches a hand forward to tuck stray hair strands behind her ear, "The fact that we're here is a huge risk, endangering you and Kang-sonsaeng both"

"I see. So then, why are you here exactly?"

Downing the rest of his drink Seo Dae Yeong stands a little straighter before speaking, "We set out first thing tomorrow, and before ask" he says cutting in before Myeong Joo could speak. "I won't tell you because it's far and it's too dangerous, so just stay put."

She rolls her eyes at him, "So, you're here to what? say goodbye?"

"Not exactly..." Dae Yeong leans in a little closer and lowers his voice to a whisper, "I'm here to tell you not to flirt around while I'm gone. And also, don't walk around alone for now, it's not safe."

Myeong Joo smiles and wraps her arms around her boyfriend, "Be careful, you hear me?"

Dae Yeong smiles into her hair, taking a whiff of her sweet-smelling shampoo, "Loud and clear, Lieutenant."

Dae Yeong was the one to break away, "I'm sorry, but I've spent too much time here already."

"I know, I know; the longer you're here, the more danger I'm in, blah blah blah" Myeong Joo replies fixing her hair, "Go."

He smiles, salutes her and heads towards the elevator.

*****

"This is nice" Kang Mo Yeon says into Si Jin's chest her voice sounding muffled as she did.

"Yeah it really is" he replies. However, there was a change in the tone of his voice that doesn't escape Mo Yeon's hearing. She breaks away from him and looks at him.

His eyes bore in hers. Deep black orbs hinting that their earlier anxiety was back and the moment was already broken. "I can't stay" he says finally.

Mo Yeon pouts stubbornly. She just got him back, she didn't want to forfeit him to the country just yet. "You've already risked coming here tonight, what's a couple more hours to your mission?"

He smiles at her, "A couple more hours don't mean I'm risking the mission, it means I'm risking you. And that..." he pauses to point at her, playfully tapping on her nose, "...is not an option."

Mo Yeon's pout deepens into a frown. "Okay, fine. I get it; the world's not ready to lose me yet."

Si Jin laughs, "and neither am I"

She smiles and asks, "Do you have to leave now?"

As if on cue, Si Jin's phone begins to ring.

"I guess that means yes." She says rolling her eyes.

"I guess it does." he replies.

"Can I at least walk you out?" she asks wanting to prolong their time together as much as possible.

He shakes his head no, then pastes his signature smirk on his face, "No but you can walk me up."

Mo Yeon's eyebrows push together in confusion. "I don't get it."

But instead of making things clear, Si Jin just takes her hand and leads her back to the swing. When she has settled in, he walks a few feet to retrieve her shoes and begins to kneel in front of her to put her shoes on her.

"Uwaaah. I totally feel like Cinderella right now."

Si Jin laughs a little "Guraeyo?"

Mo Yeons nods her head slowly. "But instead of me running away, my prince charming is that one who leaves when the clock strikes twelve."

Si Jin pauses before standing up, not knowing what to say. So he ignored Mo Yeon's remark and stood up, and offered his arm for her to take.

"Let's go."

They continue walking towards the elevator in complete silence. Nothing could be heard except the soft buzz of the party as they got farther away, and the elevator announcing it's arrival on their floor. Si Jin begins to board, but Mo Yeon stays put.

"I think I'll just stay here." she tells him as she lets go of his arm, taking one step backward.

Confused, Si Jin puts on hand on the elevator doors to stop them from closing as he was already inside. He didn't say anything and let his girlfriend continue.

"If I go up to the rooftop helipad with you, I'll just be spending all of my free time at the rooftop by myself waiting for you." Mo Yeon laughs at the memory of her eating her lunch at the rooftop when Si Jin had not come back after 100 days as he promised on his last mission.

Si Jin nods in understanding, still not saying anything.

"It's for the best" Mo Yeons says offering a shy smile. She was worried that Si Jin might take it the wrong way.

Si Jin sighs audibly before saying, "I promise I'll make it up to you."

"Just come back to me alive."

"I will." he promises and planted a kiss on her forehead.

After one last hug, Si Jin steps back into the elevator. The image of Kang Mo Yeon smiling at him was his last memory as the elevator doors close.

*****

And there you go! How was this chapter? Just to share with you guys, I just recently got hooked to Moonlight Drawn by Clouds, and immediately fell inlove with the soundtrack *cough* and Park Bo Geom *cough* . I actually wrote this chapter with Gummy-eonnie on repeat (Same singer of You Are My Everything, yay! haha), so if it felt kind of sappy and touchy-feely, then you know the reason. Haha. Have you been playing a song on repeat lately? Let me know in the comments below so I can give it a listen. My playlist is in desperate need of updating :) 'til next time! :D