EPISODE 1 Part 4

Descendants of the Sun Season 2

[EPISODE 1 PART 4]

 

Yoo Si Jin was lead towards the emergency area and was treated for his minor burns on his hands and face. He walked back towards the nurse's station to ask something, but when he turned the corner, he overheard some yelling. He saw the nurse that was talking to him and Kang Mo Yeon earlier, and she was getting scolded by the President of the hospital it would seem. He walked closer quietly to hear what was happening; the yelling was already gathering a small crowd.

 

"Why did you let that person operate in this hospital?!" the bald, fishy-looking man scolded

 

"It was an emergency and the doctor was a professional thoracic surgeon," the nurse answered timidly.

 

"Who gave you permission to make a decision then?!"

 

"I did." Oh, Yoo Si Jin thought that must be the head surgeon that the nurse was mentioning earlier.

 

"This was an emergency situation, I couldn't let the patient to die, because of trivial matters", Dr. Park answered.

 

The bald guy, looked even more annoyed and frustrated, "Trivial matters?!" he screamed. "Trivial matters?! What if that patient dies in the hands of that quack doctor? How do you think it will reflect on this hospital?! Huh?! "

 

"Quack doctor?" Yoo Si Jin said, not loud enough for anyone to hear, but enough to raise his temper. He began walking towards that fishy looking bald person, to give him a piece of his mind.

 

"What would you do then huh?! What would you do if he dies?!"

 

But before he could reach them Kang Mo Yeon emerged from the operating room, "Nothing." she said, taking off her surgical garb and handing it to a nurse. "He will do nothing, the patient is alive. I saved him."

 

The President only looked at her in disgust. He genuinely believed that Dr. Kang was a quack doctor.

"We'll see about that if the patient wakes up. If you really are a professional thoracic surgeon, then there wouldn't be complications post-surgery then huh?" the President challenged her, and before she could answer, the President already took off, yelling, "Dr. Park, in my office now!"

 

Dr. Park gave a little laugh, and sighed. "Thank you for showing up when you did." he told Kang Mo Yeon

 

"I couldn't let you take the blame for something you didn't do," was her reply.

 

"I meant when you volunteered to operate on the patient." Dr. Park explained. Now that she was looking at him, he was a very good-looking doctor. "He would have died if it weren't for you."

 

"Well, what did I become a doctor for?" she replied, before she noticed Yoo Si Jin walking towards them. "Thank you for letting me do my job as a doctor. Please see to the patient for me." She said, and flashed a sad smile at Si Jin,

 

"Why me? He's your patient" Dr. Park and he flashed her a smile, which she also returned. With that Dr. Park followed the President to his office.

The crowd has already dispersed so she could see Si Jin clearly now, "How are you?" she asked him but instead of answering he pulled her close into a hug.

 

"I should be the one asking you that. How are you? How did the operation go?" He asked her, still holding onto her tightly.

 

He was very proud of Mo Yeon, she was very brave to disregard protocol to save a patient. She must have been under high pressure to work at such circumstances with an entirely different surgical team.

 

Kang Mo Yeon, grabbed onto Yoo Si Jin's uniform as she held onto him to prevent her hands from shaking. She took a deep breath before she spoke. "The surgery went fine, the patient survived, however the President is right," she broke the hug and she held her boyfriend at arm's length and looked into his eyes, "The patient still has to wake up, and a lot of surgeries fail because of post-surgery complications."

 

He gave her a sad smile, "Whatever happens, I believe you still did the right thing."

 

"You're my boyfriend, you're obligated to say that." she replied smiling a bit playfully now

 

"Ani. I'm saying this as a person." He held Kang Mo Yeon by her shoulders, looking straight into her eyes. "You did the right thing, and I'm proud of you." and he took her into his arms once again.

 

"Gomawo" she said into his neck, in turn he just held her tighter.

 

*****

 

Yoo Si Jin went back Downtown to help the rest of the team, if there were any patients left, or to pack up if they were already done.

 

 "Kang-sem!" it was Chi Hun who spoke. "What happened? We heard there was a commotion in the emergency room."

"They didn't let me operate on a patient at first, but everything is fine now" Dr. Kang explained. "Now, we only have to wait until the patient wakes up."

 

Suddenly Kang Mo Yeon's phone began ringing, "Excuse me."

 

The caller ID revealed to be the President of Haesung Hospital, she answered the phone angrily

 

"Hello."

 

"Dr. Kang, we've received a complaint against you" huh?

 

"What complaint?"

 

"You performed an unauthorized surgery in another hospital. Is this true?" the President sounded very angry over the phone.

 

Ugh why are people getting mad at me for saving a person's life? Kang Mo Yeon thought.

 

"Technically it was not unauthorized. I received permission from the hospital's head surgeon." Kang Mo Yeon replied confidently.

 

"Really? That's not what I heard. Please clear this up immediately, I don't want to write you up for disciplinary actions." and he hung up on her.

 

"Why the nerve of this guy! Arggh!" she almost threw her cell phone in frustration.

 

 

"I'm sure glad I'm not on the other side of that phone call."

 

Everyone turned to look at the person who just spoke.

 

"Oh, Lieutenant Yoon, you're here?" It was Chi Hun who spoke.

 

"Ne. We finished up early downtown, all the patients and residents have been accounted for, and most of them have already evacuated." she told them.

 

"I'm glad you're safe" Kang Mo Yeon told her, "What about Sergeant Major Seo, isn't he with you?"

 

"Animnida. They had to give a report; I'm only here to check on everyone. Are you alright?" she asked looking at Dr. Song, Chi Hun and the others.

 

"Ne. Gwaenchana" they all replied with smiles.

 

"Guende, Kang-sem," suddenly Min Ji spoke, "Who was that good-looking doctor talking to you earlier?"

 

"Good-looking doctor? Are you cheating on Sunbae?" Myeong Joo asked curiously

 

"Ani! That was the head surgeon of this hospital. He helped me earlier when the President was giving me a hard time for operating unauthorized. I think they called him Dr. Park" Kang Mo Yeon explained

 

"Oh, you're not cheating on Sunbae?" Myeong Joo asked looking very disappointed. "That's too bad; I wanted to about it too." and she pouted a little bit.

"Anyway, are you staying here for the night?" she continued, "I can ask someone to you back to the hotel if you want, it seems like the worst is over anyway."

 

Kang Mo Yeon regarded her team. They all looked very tired, and they all deserved to rest. "You go on back to the hotel, if you've finished your rounds with your patients. I'm staying until my patient wakes up" she said pertaining to the one she operated on.

 

"Are you sure Kang-sem?" Min Ji asked, she looked worried for Mo Yeon, especially with their own President giving her a hard time.

 

"Yes, I'm fine."

 

"Don't worry, I can stay with her" Myeong Joo told Min Ji. Kang Mo Yeon did not expect that from Myeong Joo. Though they were already over their Min Yoongi-oppa, their old bantering habits were still there. "At least until Sergeant Major Seo and Major Yoo Si Jin arrive." she added

 

"I'm also staying," Chi Hun said. "One of my patients also got out of surgery, I will also wait until they wake up" he said cheerfully. It was amazing how cheerful Chi Hun can be even after all that has happened.

 

"Okay, then the rest of you can get ready. Please be ready to leave in 15 minutes" she told them as she took her radio from her belt and informed an officer to bring a vehicle to send the medical team back to the hotel.

 

"Guende, Myeong Joo-ssi, Are you alright? You're looking a little pale." Nurse Ah told her

 

"I'm fine, thank you. Just a bit tired" she told them, "On second thought, can I sit down? I'm feeling a bit woozy." and she slumped onto the chair almost falling. Nurse Ha, and Chi Hun had to support her to sit down.

 

"Let's move her to one of the beds." Mo Yeon said, which they did.

 

*****

 

Yoo Si Jin and Seo Dae Yeong were already outside the hospital when Dae Yeong's phone began ringing.

 

"Answer it," Si Jin said, as he unbuckled his seatbelt. "It could be the Commander or worse Myeong Joo" he added laughing.

 

"It's your girlfriend" he said to Yoo Si Jin after checking the caller,who immediately stopped laughing.

 

"What's wrong? why's she calling you?"

 

"I don't know"

 

"Yah answer it! Palli!" Si Jin ushered him to answer the phone which he did, "Put it on speaker"

 

"Hello?"

 

"Hello? Uh, Sergeant Major Seo?" Kang Mo Yeon said over the line. "It's Myeong Joo"

 

Both men were suddenly alerted, moving out of the car in lightning speed. "What about Myeong Joo, what happened?"

 

"She fainted." the two men looked at each other, and before she could say another word, they both ran at top speed towards the hospital entrance.

 

"Where are you right now?" Seo Dae Yeong asked frantically.

 

"We're at the ER."

 

And suddenly Yoo Si Jin and Seo Dae Yeong burst into the room. "What happened? Where is she?"

 

"I'm fine." Myeong Joo answered. She was now sitting on the bed, with some colour coming back to her pretty face. "She exaggerated, I didn't faint" Nodding towards Kang Mo Yeon

 

"You did." Everyone said in unison.

 

Seo Dae Yeong raised an eyebrow at her, willing for her to tell him the truth about what happened.

 

"It's just over fatigue. I'll be fine once I rest." she told him, so that he wouldn't worry so much.

 

Just then Myeong Joo's radio alerted them that the vehicle for the transport of the medical team was ready. "All right everyone; follow me," Myeong Joo said and she started to get up from the bed.

 

"I got it, get some rest. Follow me," said Yoo Si Jin and everyone followed him towards the parking lot. Seo Dae Yeong was grateful to Si Jin; he gave him the chance to be alone with Myeong Joo for a while.

 

"Why didn't you tell me you were feeling sick" He asked her when they were out of earshot

 

"Because I wasn’t, and I don't feel sick." she answered. "I'm just tired okay? Also I haven't eaten anything since this morning, it must be because of that" she explained.

 

"I'll get you something to eat, what do you want?"

 

"Don't be absurd, just help me up, and let's walk together to the cafeteria." Myeong Joo replied and she reached for Seo Dae Yeong's arm for support as she stood up from the bed. Her legs were still a bit shaky but her boyfriend steadied her.

 

"Let's get a snack for you, then you can eat back at the hotel," Seo Dae Yeong said. "The food there would be a hundred times better."

 

"Uwah, as if we're not used to crappy food," Myeong Joo scoffed, "Remember, there are times when we have crappy food at base too" This made Seo Dae Yeong smile, it wasn't every day that you get to have a very simple and understanding girlfriend, he was very lucky.

 

"I know, I know, you're not high maintenance" he laughed a little, "But I think my girlfriend deserves some dinner in bed, for all the hard work she did today." he said, regarding her proudly

 

"Jinjja? (Really)" She asked, eyes widening like a puppy's. "Uwaah, Sergeant Major Seo, you are playing your cards right tonight." she laughed. "Okay! Let's get some snacks and let's head back to the hotel, we can just return here early tomorrow morning, I need to check up on some of my patients" and together they walked towards the cafeteria, their hands clasped tightly together.

 

 

*****

 

"Are you going back to the hotel too?" Yoo Si Jin asked Kang Mo Yeon as they walked towards the parking lot.

"Are you?" she asked back

 

"I'm going where you're going." was Si Jin's reply.

 

This made Kang Mo Yeon smile. She was happy that Yoo Si Jin was a very understanding boyfriend.

 

Mo Yeon sighed before answering, "I need to stay here until the patient wakes up,"

 

"Then I'm staying too,"

 

"Gomawo"

 

"Anything for you."

 

 

*****

 

"I'll see you tomorrow" Myeong Joo waved good bye to Kang Mo Yeon and Yoo Si Jin.

 

"Ne. Make sure to get enough rest"

 

Suddenly Kang Mo Yeon's name was announced on the PR system.

 

Dr. Kang, Dr. Kang, please report to the President's office. Dr. Kang, Please report to the President's office, thank you.

 

Closing her eyes, Kang Mo Yeon took a deep breath.

 

"You'll be fine," Yoo Si Jin told her as he squeezed her shoulder.

 

She only smiled, "Can you come with me?" she asked him, "I think I'll be able to think better when you're with me."

 

"Okay, if it will make you feel better I'll come with you"

 

Together they walked through the halls, following the nurse who was guiding them towards the President's office.

 

Inside they were greeted by the two nurses they met earlier at the emergency room, and then there was Dr. Park, the head surgeon at the hospital.

 

"Please take a seat," said Dr. Park regarding the sofa that was in the middle of the room. Mo Yeon took a seat at the edge of the sofa, while Si Jin preferred to stay standing beside Kang Mo Yeon.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Dr. Kang Mo Yeon" she introduced herself to the entire party, "and this is,"

 

"Major, Yoo Si Jin." he finished her sentence for her.

 

"Yes, yes, enough with the formalities," said the fishy-looking President, waving a hand dismissively "Let's get on with it." He looked directly into Kang Mo Yeon's eyes, "I was informed that you are a broadcast doctor, how dare you perform a surgery in this hospital?! Even given permission by one of our surgeons you dare volunteer to perform an operation when you are only a doctor who appears on television!"

 

Yoo Si Jin's lips were set into a hard line. His jaw was clenched, to prevent himself from saying anything bad to the President He looked over at Kang Mo Yeon, who was surprisingly relaxed at this moment.

 

"President, I suggest you get your facts straight before you accuse me of anything." she said confidently, "It's true I am a doctor who appears on television, but first and foremost, I am a doctor, and as a doctor it is my duty to save my patient. Are you telling me that I should have let a person die, because I am not a registered doctor of this hospital?"

 

The President didn't say anything to her instead he looked over to one of the nurses. "You." he said pointing, "it was you who let her into the operating room, isn't it?"

 

"I gave her the order, Mr. President" Dr. Park intervened. "I agree with Dr. Kang's sentiment, at a time of crisis and emergency, it does not matter where the doctor comes from what is important is that the patient was saved thanks to her. And on top of that she performed the surgery very well and in a short period of time too. This only means that she is skilled in her work and she has a lot of experience. Is that not enough to let go of this matter? It has already dragged on for so long."

 

"No." the president said, "I will not drop this subject until I get a confirmation from your hospital's Chairman. I will call them first thing tomorrow. You may leave now."

 

Kang Mo Yeon left as the last word left the president's mouth, she didn't even bow or announced her leave.

 

"Are you alright?" She expected to hear this from Yoo Si Jin not Dr. Park.

 

"Yes, I'm quite alright"

 

"Don't worry. I'm sure we can get this all sorted out."

 

She only nodded in response; she can see Yoo Si Jin standing a few steps behind Dr. Park looking like he wanted to shoot the doctor in front of her in the head.

 

"Well then, make sure to get some rest, you've had a long day. I will see you tomorrow?" he said, smiling

 

"Ne." with that Dr. Park left followed by the two nurses they met earlier, leaving Yoo Si Jin and Kang Mo Yeon alone in the hallway.

 

Yoo Si Jin, walked towards her.

 

"If I--" he started, but was cut off by Mo Yeon's phone ringing.

 

After checking who the caller was, Kang Mo Yeon groaned in frustration, and headed towards the fire exit. Out there no one would hear her yell at their hospital's president. Of course Yoo Si Jin followed her.

 

"What do you want?" she all but yelled at the president.

 

"Are you having a hard time there?"

 

"I'm fine, get to the point."

 

"Stubborn as always," Kang Mo Yeon just rolled her eyes, while Yoo Si Jin just leaned on the metal railings of the staircase.

 

 "I have a way to get you out of the situation you're in," he continued, "All you have to do is come back to me, I might even let you have your job back at the VIP ward."

 

Kang Mo Yeon made a disgusted face; she looked like she was going to throw up.  Yoo Si Jin looked at her with concern, his eyes asking her if she was alright.

 

"I'm not interested. I have a boyfriend, and I will clear this situation myself, without losing my honour as a doctor and a woman. Don't call me again." She hung up the phone and let out a scream of frustration. Kang Mo Yeon leaned her head on the cold concrete wall for a few minutes to gather her thoughts. She was grateful that Yoo Si Jin didn't say anything to her.

It was when she finally stood straight when Yoo Si Jin finally spoke. "Is everything alright?"

 

"No, it's not but I can manage. What were you going to say earlier before the President called?" she asked

 

Kang Mo Yeon looked confused when Yoo Si Jin smirked. "I was going to say, that if I didn’t know any better I’d say Dr. Park was flirting with you, but now that I think about it, it goes for your President too."

 

"I thought we already established that I'm beautiful? Your point?"

 

"My point being it's my fault that men are still hanging around you, I haven't put a claim on you yet" he took her hand and stared at it, "maybe I should put a ring on your finger. That would surely keep them away"

 

Kang Mo Yeon's heart suddenly started beating faster. Was he-- was he proposing? No, he couldn't be, now's not the right time. or is it. Omo.

 

Suddenly he looked at her seductively, "Or better yet--" then he started kissing her. Not the sweet innocent kisses that they've shared before. This was wild, and hot, and hungry. He was kissing her like she was the air he needed to survive.

 

He pushed her back into the wall and kissed her deeply, pushing his tongue into . This made Mo Yeon moan into his mouth. God, how he loved how that sounded.

 

His hands went to her waist, hoisting her up. She wrapped both her legs around his waist, she was grateful for Yoo Si Jin's training at the army. This was no challenge for him.

 

He continued assaulting her lips with wet, hot kisses. Then his mouth left hers and began to travel downwards. He began kissing her cheek, down to her chin, and then to her neck. He inhaled deeply, wanting to smell all of her scent.  Then he began at her neck.

 

"Yah, Yoo Si Jin, what are you doing?" she asked him, but she didn't receive an answer, instead Yoo Si Jin grabbed the side of her neck that he wasn't kissing and began rubbing soothing circles there. The delicious pressure on her neck and the motion that Si Jin was doing was driving her crazy.

 

Suddenly Si Jin began to at her neck harder, earning a loud moan to come from . Si Jin kissed her then to shut her up.

A few moments later they broke apart both of them breathing heavily and Si Jin set Mo Yeon on the ground again, holding her arm to steady her. Then he held her at arm’s length, looking over her, as if admiring his handiwork

Her eyes were still closes savouring the moment when Yoo Si Jin spoke.

"Yep, that's perfect." he said then took her arm, "Let's go?"

“What’s perfect?” she asked still dazed about the kiss.

“You’re perfect” he said and gave her that y smirk

They went back inside and started to head for the elevator.

 

"Wait, let me use the bathroom first, I must look like a mess" Yoo SI Jin just nodded. He waited for her outside the ladies wash room, when he suddenly heard a scream come from inside.

 

He smirked; he already knew why Kang Mo Yeon was screaming.

 

In moments she came outside, one hand holding the side of her neck.

 

"Yah! You! What did you do?"

 

"What?" She looked like she was about to cry, then she slowly removed her hand from her neck, revealing a hickey that Yoo Si Jin left.

 

"Ah, that." he said "I just wanted to make sure that Dr. Park somebody doesn't get any wrong ideas about pursuing you," and he winked at her.

 

"I hate you" she said covering her neck once again.

 

"Really? The sounds you were making earlier say otherwise" he . He loved teasing her, she was just too cute.

 

Kang Mo Yeon looked like she was about to cry, "Aish Molla! (I don't know)" and began stalking towards the elevator again.

 

Yoo Si Jin had to jog to catch up with her.

 

"I told you, I'd settle the score" he said once they were in the elevator. "Now we're even." He told her and she said nothing, she still felt like crying. She blushed deeply recalling what had happened.

Yep she was definitely cute.

 

 

****

 

Please don't forget to leave a commnet!  I love reading them. :)