EPISODE 2 Part 4

Descendants of the Sun Season 2

[EPISODE 2 PART 4]

 

Mo Yeon woke the next day feeling elated. She had finally done it with Si Jin, and it was more than what she could hope for. She snuggled in closer to the figure beside her, burying her face to the side of his torso.

 

This made Yoo Si Jin laugh a little. He had been awake for a while now, but he was enjoying watching Mo Yeon sleep. He could not believe that a woman as perfect as her was next to him on his bed.

 

All they wanted for this trip was to be able to spend some time together, but then a disaster called off all of their plans. Checking the clock by the bedside table, it said it was already seven in the morning; their flight would leave in the afternoon, which meant they only had a few hours left.

 

He shook Mo Yeon slightly using the arm the she wasn't using as a pillow, and said quietly "Kang-sonsaeng, wake up."

 

But she only held onto him tighter, which made him smile. "Do you really want to spend your remaining time in Canada in bed?" he asked her, still trying to wake her up.

 

"I would if you're in bed with me." she said into his torso. Her lips and hot breath tickling his body, and then he felt that familiar urge again.

 

Ani. He thought This can't go on, or we'll never leave.

 

Si Jin gently removed his arm from under Mo Yeon's head and pulled away from her then went straight for the bathroom to take a bath. That woman really knew how to tempt him.

 

He finished quickly with his bath, and when he got out of the shower he saw that Mo Yeon was already up and brushing the tangles out of her hair. She only had a silk robe on, while she sat on top of the covers while also watching the morning news on television.

 

Si Jin walked out of the shower with only a white towel wrapped loosely around his hips. Kang Mo Yeon noticed this and quickly averted her eyes.

 

Si Jin laughed. "Yah, Kang Mo Yeon. You so boldly made a move on me last night and now you can't even look at my body." Si Jin loved teasing her.

 

"Shut up." Mo Yeon said and got up from bed and run past Si Jin to the bathroom and immediately locked the door behind her.

 

"Yoo Si Jin, you jerk!" she screamed at the door, then proceeded to shower.

 

"Aish! That's so embarrassing! Does he know how embarrassed I was last night? Ah jinjja!" Mo Yeon scolded herself.

 

She washed herself quickly and wrapped herself in a towel and went outside. She went over her stuff to get some clothes but apparently Si Jin had already packed everything.

 

"Yah, why'd you pack all my clothes up?" she asked sounding slightly irritated, Now she had to dig in all the things to pick some clothes

 

Yoo Si Jin who was putting on his topsiders replied without looking up, "Use your eyes Kang-sonsaeng, it's on the bed"

 

Mo Yeon's eyes followed where Yoo Si Jin said, and surprisingly clothes were already laid on the bed. Apparently Yoo Si Jin picked out a simple white dress that flows just to her mid-thighs. Si Jin was also kind enough to keep the hairdryer by the table, and also had her mint green pumps ready.

 

Kang Mo Yeon smiled. At least her boyfriend had good taste in clothes.

 

 

*****

 

"Where are we going?" Kang MO Yeon asked when they started driving

 

"Since we can't really stay outdoors, we're going to have some breakfast, and then we'll watch a movie, or whatever you want to do." Si Jin replied.

 

"A movie huh?" Mo Yeon said, with a little scoff. "We'd better be able to watch it this time"

 

Si Jin laughed. "Yes,  I hope so too."

 

 

*****

 

After having their breakfast, Si Jin and Mo Yeon found a theatre that was showing re-runs of past movies.

 

"Omo!" Mo Yeon exclaimed pointing to one of the 'Now Showing' posters. "They'll be showing a Nicolas Sparks movie" she looked at Si Jin expectantly.

 

He frowned at the poster reading the description below it. He made a face then and waved a dismissive hand.

 

“But it’s The Best of Me!” Mo Yeon whined

 

"Let's not watch that. Too much drama"

 

Kang Mo Yeon looked irritated. "Yah" she began, "I thought I could decide what to do today, I want to see this movie." She added even pointing to the poster like a little child.  "Besides, you said you wanted our relationship to be a melodrama, let's start now" she said and took Si Jin by the arm and practically dragged him towards the ticket booth.

 

"Two tickets please!" Mo Yeon told the person at the counter, who took her money. The cashier then pointed towards a monitor then said.

 

"Which seats would you like to have?"

 

"Yoo Si Jin-ssi which one do you like?" she asked thoughtfully, "Maybe the ones near the center...."

 

"Ani." he said then pointed to two seats near the back of the theatre. "We'll take these ones"

 

The cashier smiled and nodded

 

"Yah, that's too far away" Mo Yeon complained.

 

"That's okay, that way we don't have to be too close when they get all mushy and stuff"

 

"Aish jinjja." Mo Yeon glared at Si Jin then took their tickets from the counter and walked ahead of him into the theatre. She went inside without looking back at Si Jin.

 

A few moments later she found their seat numbers and sat down.

 

She took a lot around the theatre. There weren't a lot of people but overall the ambiance was very pleasant. And the seats Si Jin chose weren't very bad either. It was near the back but they will still be able to see very well.

 

"Mianhe." Si Jin told her as he handed her a cup of iced coffee latte. He knew Mo Yeon liked Iced Americano but they only had a latte.

 

"Whatever. Sit down. It's about to start" then she took a sip at her drink. "Thanks for the coffee"

 

Si Jin took his seat and looked sideways towards Mo Yeon. He leaned closer and whispered to her.

 

"I'm getting a feeling of déjà vu"

 

Mo Yeon didn't look at him but asked, "How so?"

 

"I'm with a beautiful girl and the lights are about to go off. This is the most exciting moment of my life." He answered teasing, which made Mo Yeon smile, remembering their first movie date, that ended in a disaster.

 

"You're not going anywhere this time are you?" Mo Yeon asked finally looking at her boyfriend

 

He smiled softly then took Mo Yeon's hand. "Nope. Today, I'm all yours"

 

They both smiled. But suddenly Mo Yeon felt her phone vibrate in her pocket.

 

"Ah, wait a moment."

 

checking the caller ID, she immediately answered, admittedly a bit panicked.

 

"Yes, Manager" she addressed the caller who turned out to be the manager of thoracic surgery in Haesung Hospital

 

"Yes, Dr. Kang" he began, "I know you're really working hard nowadays in the emergency medicine department, but I would like to make you an offer"

 

"Offer?"

 

"Yes, you may have known this for a while now, but I'm nearing my retirement, and I've asked to be transferred to the branch hospital near my home. SO my position would be left open."

 

"Yes Manager"

 

"So I believe that you have a chance of getting the position if you are willing to fight for it." the manager explained. "I know of your experience with Prof. Kim, and I know that the position should have been yours, so I'm telling you this now, before anyone else."

 

"How? Why? I don't understand,"

 

The manager laughed

 

"I understand that you are in Canada now, but pay me a visit in my office when you return so I can explain it to you better."

 

"Yes Manager, thank you."

 

Then she hung up. She took a deep breath then looked at Si Jin

 

"You're not standing me up are you?"

 

Mo Yeon grinned, "Wae? what's going on?"

 

Still thrilled and dazed about what happened she replied, "I think i'm getting promoted." she told him but he looked at her confused. "Well, I'm not sure yet, but I was just offered the job for manager. But there has to be a catch right?"

 

"What do you mean?" Si Jin asked

 

"Well they can't just give it to me for free, surely there's a catch-- Ay molla! I don't want to think about it" Mo Yeon said as she adjusted h=in her seat to be more comfortable.

 

A few more minutes later and the lights were turned completely off, and the movie began. They watched the movie in silence, but when it came to the part of the confrontation, Mo Yeon started bawling her eyes out.

 

"Yah, Gwaenchana?" Si Jin whispered as he attempted to hand her his handkerchief, but she just swatted his hand away and shushed him.

 

"Shhh! Yoo Si Jin be quiet!" she whispered and continued to cry.

 

*****

 

"Yah, you were totally immersed in that huh?" Si Jin accused Mo Yeon when they got out of the theatre. "Especially when that dude and that girl were in the rain together, it was obvious you were looking somewhere else huh"

 

Mo Yeon who was still dabbing some wetness from her face asked, "What are you talking about? What do you mean?"

 

But then Yoo Si Jin grabbed one of Mo Yeon's hand and placed it on his abdomen, "Yah!" Mo Yeon shouted, "What are you doing?" and immediately she took her hand back.

 

"Aren't you satisfied with this?" he asked, tightening his abdominal muscles, then using his free hand gestured toward them, "These are the best in the Republic of Korea and you're very lucky to be touching them"

 

Mo Yeon's face turned bright red with what he said. "Yah, Yoo Si Jin-ssi!"

 

But he has already started to walk away and Mo Yeon had to jog a little to catch up to him.

*****

 

A/N: Obviously this was the PG version, I will start emailing the other version as soon as I can. I promise not to make you wait long but I received more than 100 emails. Sorry if you've been waiting a long time, but I have a lot on my plate right now, because I'm graduating from university this June, and we have a lot of requirements. I promise to try to be more active, and update faster, please be patient with me. Thank you for sticking with me all this time. :) Love you all to the moon and back! <3