EPISODE 4 Part 4

Descendants of the Sun Season 2

A/N: sorry for the long wait, I'm struggling with this fanfic, there's too much I don't know and it takes time to do research. I want to give you guys a good fictional story but with accurate facts about the real world. So please excuse this arc for taking too long to finish :(

 

Thank you for your understanding. I love you all so much, leave a comment :)

 

[EPISODE 4 PART 4]

 

Si Jin took the fastest route to Haesung hospital, making several calls along the way-- to his commander, to Seo Dae Yeong, and to his team. All the while he kept thinking about the three words: TRIAD BIOWEAPON. Retrieve the vials.

 

He understood what Jordan meant. The Triad is a Chinese organization that deals illegally. The organization goes way back in time that they've stretched their group; creating bases in countries around the world. Though they've gone under the past few years, it would make sense that they're now dealing with unauthorized weaponry. He knew they had something to do with the shooting, but he didn't understand why.

 

When he got to the emergency bay of the hospital, Si Jin shook all his thoughts away when saw that Eun Mi was there with two others with a stretcher ready. He sighed a breath of relief, mentally noting that he owed his cousin big time. He got out of the car and went to open Mo Yeon's door.

 

"We're here" Si Jin tells Mo Yeon who was still sitting dazed in the back seat. Her usually vibrant face was stained with tears and makeup. "Can you walk?" he asks her as he takes her hand to lead her out of the vehicle.

 

Mo Yeon nods and got out of the car. Immediately the medical team approached them and examined them. 

 

"Let's wheel them in" a male doctor says, and Si Jin hardly recognized that the voice belonged to someone he didn't particularly like because he was very worried about Mo Yeon.

 

"This way" some nurses ushered them in, and within a few minutes they were being treated for their injuries. They were sent for x-rays that Si Jin almost refused. He knew that he was fine, he was used to it.

 

Eun Mi was tasked to treat Si Jin since his injuries weren't very serious. He suspected a lot of bruises on his arms and body, and a few minor cuts but he did not expect that he broke a few bones in the fingers of his left hand. He didn't even notice that his hand had began to show a weird colour.

 

Eun Mi's voice broke Si Jin's thoughts "You probably didn't even notice that you were in pain, did you?" she says as she treats the cuts on his arms. "Really oppa, that's my idol you almost got killed in there" she whisper screamed at him.

 

Si Jin winced at that, he knew that it was his fault, but he feigned innocence, he didn't want Eun Mi to be involved, so he replied instead, "Hey, how is it my fault?"

 

Eun Mi just made a face at him as if saying Duh, isn't it obvious?

 

He doesn't comment on that and turns his head towards Kang Mo Yeon who was being treated a few beds from his. If he were right that doctor who was cleaning her wound was the one they met in Canada, Dr. Park.

 

He took a deep breath. He couldn't let his personal feelings get out at this moment, it was too risky.

 

Eun Mi was only about to wrap his wounds in bandages when his phone alerted him of a text message from Seo Dae Yeong and Si Jin excused himself despite her protests.

*****

 

Seo Dae Yeong left for Haesung as soon as his call with his Major ended. He thought about telling Myeong Joo about what happened but decided against it. He didn't want her to worry. She would know about it in the morning along with the others.

 

He recalled what had happened in Pyeongjin, about the vials Jordan was talking about, and the shooting that happened that night. Though there seemed to be no similarities between them, Seo Dae Yeong was positive that they were related to each other.

 

"I think they might have something to do about the Triad," he tells Yoo Si Jin. They went to a quiet corner away from the crowd of the emergency area.

 

"How--" Si Jin begins but Seo Dae Yeong cut him off

 

"How do I know about the Triad?" he supplies, "I looked into the vials some more and it's relation to the Delta Force." Si Jin said nothing so Seo Dae Yeong continued in a hushed voice, "Several reports in America claim that there have been rumors about the Triad experimenting on a new type of drugs. The 'users' or should I say victims were all found dead with reports showing similarities to a drug overdose." He took a look around before he continued. "It turns out it wasn't drugs that they were experimenting on, it was an antidote."

 

Si Jin's eyebrows furrowed "An antidote for what?"

 

"For their own poison." Seo Dae Yeong replies and Si Jin ponders on this. He thought about Jordan's note again: TRIAD BIOWEAPON. He didn't know what to believe, if Jordan was telling the truth then they have to retrieve not only the vials but they have to secure the entire base producing the drugs.

 

"And they think I have it?" Si Jin asks finally.  "Why would he have their stupid antidote drug?" He and his team have never been involved in serious drug-related missions. Their missions usually concerned military rescue operations, diplomatic escorting, and the like. Then it hit him. Earlier that night, Jordan had warned him. He told Si Jin to be careful because his involvement with Jordan was known to them, whoever they may be.

 

 

Si Jin was going to ask more but he caught a glimpse of Kang Mo Yeon who just finished receiving her treatment.

 

"We need to look into this," he says and Seo Dae Yeong nods in understanding

 

"There are 4 known triad bases in the United States, we can start from there." the Sergeant Major states. Si Jin thinks about this, and then agrees, "The triad could be from outside America. There are several remote bases. We should do further research." then excuses himself so that he can go and talk to Kang Mo Yeon.

 

Seo Dae Yeong nods and turns around.  He takes out his phone and tried to reach Harry Potter and Snoopy.

 

Meanwhile, Kang Mo Yeon regards Si Jin who was walking towards her giving her a reassuring smile. She couldn't help smiling as well. She felt similar to the way she felt back in Urk when they had survived that Earthquake--relieved. She was relieved and happy that she and Major Yoo were alive.

 

"Are you alright now?" He asks her taking one of her hands in his.

 

"Yeah" she couldn’t think of anything else to say, she was still trying to process what had happened, why it happened, and how could it happen? And on her date night too.

 

They just looked at each other awkwardly, not knowing how to continue. It was Si Jin who broke the silence.

 

"I'm sorry" Si Jin said "I ruined the night"

 

"It's not your fault--" she said

 

"But it is. The attack that happened tonight at the restaurant, it was because of me." He supplied, he looked down suddenly interested in the details on the floor.

 

"What do you mean?" Mo Yeon asked, bending a little bit trying to look at her boyfriend's face.

 

He smiled ruefully. "The more you know the more danger you're in."

 

But she was a stubborn girl, always have been. "I know. I want to know."

 

He sighs. "I love you, and I would never forgive myself if anything happened to you, like tonight." he looked down, obviously he felt guilty over the fact that Mo Yeon got hurt and he can't even explain to her properly why.

 

Mo Yeon was silent.

 

"I don't think we should see each other for a while." He finished. It was hard for him to say but he had to. He had to protect the most important person in his life and for that he was willing to sacrifice being with her to keep her safe.

 

"What? Why?" Kang Mo Yeon asked, looking at Si Jin as if he just dropped from outer space. She thought Si Jin was acting weird, how he could throw it out there so easily. But his pained expression broke her heart.

 

"Please understand. I have a target on my back right now, keeping you close to me..." he couldn't finish. Again Mo Yeon couldn't form words. And she always knew what to say.

 

"Please say something" Si Jin said finally meeting her eyes.

 

"I love you." She told him looking straight into his eyes.

 

He was not expecting that.

 

"I love you Yoo Si Jin. I'm in love with you. I'm in love with a soldier, who at the risk to his own life works hard to protect his country. I love you and you know that whatever you decide I will support you..." He looks at her expectantly “...but not on this."

 

Now it was Si Jin's turn to look confusedly at Mo Yeon

 

"I'm scared Si Jin-ah." the way she called him was so full of love he was afraid he was going to lose all his self control and flee. "I'm scared for you, about what you do and what you're about to do. But what I'm most afraid for is us. I've been meaning to talk to you about this but there didn't seem to be a good time for it." She struggled to get the words out, blinking back tears. Si Jin didn't say anything but his eyes ushered her to continue.

 

"You see, we don't talk." She continued, using the back of her hand to wipe away a tear that has escaped her eyes. "We brush off our feelings for the sake of protecting each other's feelings, and I don't think it's healthy anymore. We have to be open about the things that happen to us."

 

"Kang-sonsaeng..." Si Jin began but Mo Yeon held up a hand.

 

"Not tonight. We're tired, shocked and overwhelmed; it wouldn't help our case in any way. Let's meet again tomorrow, when we've cleared our heads, okay?" She leaned closer and planted a soft kiss on his lips.

 

"Shall we go?" she asked when they broke apart, but Si Jin shook his head no.

 

"I can't take you home tonight, I'm sorry" Bringing her home would expose her to the enemies, Si Jin wouldn't have that.  "I called your mom, I suggest you stay with her or a friend for a few` days."

 

"Ah, I see. I suppose you'll be heading back to base." she said forcing a little smile, "Good night then?"

 

Si Jin smiled, and then he grabbed Mo Yeon softly by her arm and hugged her close. "I'll see you as soon as I can okay?"

 

She snuggled into his warmth and smiled, "I'll see you soon"

 

*****

 

Myeong Joo approached Si Jin and Seo Dae Yeong as they got out of their car upon returning from the hospital. She saluted Si

 

Jin and waved at Dae Yeong. However they didn't get to speak at all because Seo Dae Yeong had much research to do. They couldn't hide it from their superiors for long anymore, they had to move fast.

 

Leaving Myeong Joo with Si Jin, they walked together towards his office. Si Jin proceeded to his desk while Myeong Joo went ahead and prepared two cups of coffee for them. "How is she?" she asks just as she finishes pouring the coffee.

 

"Couple of cuts, but she's alright." Si Jin replied, not really focused on the Lieutenant.

 

"I see--" Myeong Joo didn't even finish her next sentence because a gasp so loud came out of her lips, almost scaring Si Jin.

 

"Oh my god is that a ring?" she almost dropped the coffee cups that she was holding in her haste to approach Si Jin who couldn't help but let out a little laugh.

 

"What, you haven't seen one before?"

 

Myeong Joo just rolled her eyes at him, "Drop the attitude Sir" she replied, putting a little umph on the 'sir', but her curiosity won her over. "Are you proposing to Kang-sonsaeng?!"

 

The Major smiled sadly. "That was the idea. Planned the whole thing actually; bought the ring, reserved at a fancy restaurant. She was there looking beautiful as usual. We were laughing and having a great time, the mood was right. Everything was perfect..." He lets out a sigh

 

"And then?"

 

"And then we got showered with bullets" He replied then said "I gotta go." he starts to leave his office.

 

"Where are you going?"

 

"Uhmm. Field trip." Then just as he was about to close the door he adds as he holds up the ring's box, "Don't tell Kang-sonsaeng."

 

*****

 

They didn't have time to waste. Si Jin headed straight to speak to his Commander.

 

"Dan-gyeol"

 

"At ease." and Si Jin lowered his hand. "Sergeant Major Seo has delivered the brief. I understand you were attacked, and now you want to request the release of Delta Force Captain Black Bull..." the commander turned to look at a file on his desk

 

"…The same person who commanded the attack against you." He continued cocking an eyebrow

 

Major Yoo crunched his eyebrows together in confusion, "Sir, what do you mean? Black Bull didn't give any orders--"

 

"Then how do you explain his relationship to this Michaels, who appears to be the Operations Officer for the triad?"

 

"His wife is *Vanguard? It can't be"

 

"But it's true. This came from Lieutenant General himself."

 

Si Jin was no longer confused. He was angry. This matter was supposed to be kept under-wraps until they've found the real culprit behind the attack, and until Jordan's name was cleared. Now it would be a challenge. He stood straighter, trying to contain his anger.

 

"So I assume you also know of their experiments Sir."

 

"A new formula of illegal drugs" the commander answered but waved his hand dismissively as if this information was not important. It also meant that they did not know about the bio weapon. Si Jin could work with this, he couldn't have the government interfering, or else Black Bull would be facing a more terrible fate.

 

"I still wish to request for his release. I will get to the bottom of this, but I can't do it when my key informant is locked behind padded walls like a mad man."

 

The commander looked at Si Jin liked he was testing his patience. But he stood firm. There was no way that he could solve this problem without his team's help, and Jordan is an essential part of this puzzle.

 

The commander sighed in defeat, "I will give you no more than two months Major." he said pointing at the soldier, "the Lieutenant General would be expecting reports; heads up."

 

And he was dismissed. He was tired and beat, but he had to do know the truth about Jordan's wife.

 

"Vanguard? Is he serious?" he said to himself shaking his head.

 

He arrived at the containment cells and ordered the guards to leave, informing them that Black Bull was being released, and they obeyed.

 

He entered the room and Black Bull straightened in his seat, "Didn't take my advice did ya" he said snickering.

 

"Cut the crap Captain." Si Jin's voice was loud, he was almost shouting at the captain. "I need the truth from you and I need it now."

 

"What do you mean?"  Si Jin didn't address this question instead he threw one himself.

 

"For now I'll be the one asking questions; who is Anna Michaels really?"

 

"I told you, she's my wife..."

 

"And?" He asked wanting the captain to continue

 

Jordan sighed. "It was a simple mission. Grab the vials and go, there were two, one of them was the bioweapon--"

 

"The other was the cure." Si Jin said realizing it, but Jordan shook his head.

 

"It's more of a vaccine. Once you've been infected, you will suffer, and then die. There is no cure."

 

Yoo Si Jin nodded and Black Bull continued, "As I was saying, we were to take two different vials, which I gave to my wife. She thought I gave her the vaccine and the virus but I gave her two of the same kind-- the vaccine. I figured if anything went wrong, I didn't want her to be carrying such a dangerous thing with her. Little did I know that she had planned it all along"

 

"So you didn't take a vial of the virus?" Si Jin asked, and he was surprised when Black Bull chuckled,

 

"I'm a soldier, Major." he said, "I took it alright. I hid it in a safe place."

 

"This safe place, will you tell me about it?"

 

Black Bull nodded. "First promise me one thing, and I'll tell you the whole truth"

 

The major just cocked an eyebrow and asked, "What?"

 

"I know that the Triad will come for me, Major, and when they do… let me have Michaels. I have a score to settle."

 

*****

 

A/N: *Vanguard is a position title for a member of the Triad who is in charge of all Operations. This position is second in rank with three others, the Deputy Mountain Master who is kind of like the deputy or the vice president and then there's the Incense Master who is in charge of all Ceremonies including membership and initiation and stuff like that. :)

 

I admit I'm still new to this kind of topics but if you have any questions, or stuff I say that you didn't understand, please feel free to leave a comment and I will try my best to answer them :)))

 

That's it for now! Thanks for reading! Have a great day!

 

P.S If ya’ll are interested in the DoTS mugs that I mentioned last time I’ve shared the photos on twitter at this username: @slapdashPH Please do check it out. We print on shirts, phone cases and stickers too! :) Shoot me questions or requests if you want one made only for you :)