EPISODE 3 Part 3

Descendants of the Sun Season 2

[EPISODE 3 PART 3]

 

Kang Mo Yeon was busy reviewing her patient's medical charts when a nurse came into her office.

 

"Kang-sonsaeng, Manager Ji requests for you." the nurse informs her.

 

"Ah, gurae?" She replied, putting down the charts "I'll be right there,"

 

She grabbed her medical coat and headed out while putting it on. She figured that it might be important since the manager was asking for her to meet in person. She only hoped that he was not changing his mind about her transfer. Her heart was pounding the entire time until her eyes met Manager Ji's and she smiled.

 

"Hello, Manager, you asked for me?" she greeted him as she entered the office

 

"AH, Yes, Dr. Kang." the Manager replied. "I have a request, you see our new interns come in today, and I am the person-in-charge."

 

Mo Yeon nodded, letting Manager Ji continue. "But, I would like for you to take over for me."

 

"Ne?"

 

The Manager smiled at her reaction. "There will be an orientation at 10 am today, I wish for you to attend and give a short speech, a testimonial as one might say."

 

"Ah, is that so?" Mo Yeon asked, looking at the floor thinking. "But what about the schedule I had for the day?"

 

"The orientation won't take long," then the Manager handed her a sheet of paper containing the schedule of the interns for the day. Kang Mo Yeon examines it immediately "It ends right at your lunch time, someone else will handle them after, however" the Manager said as he handed Mo Yeon another sheet of paper, this time containing the interns schedule for the rest of the semester. "You handle them for the next four months" the Manager finished, looking sheepishly at her.

 

Mo Yeon could not believe it, she was finally getting moved to a different department she thought this was the turning point of her career and now she's a freakin' babysitter!

 

"But Manager--" She begins to complain but then stopped. She realized that pathetic as it may seem she needed to get on the managers good side. Damn it all, she didn't want this job but she couldn't pass it up either.

 

"Don't worry Dr. Kang, it will not mess up most of your schedule, and in the end you only have to give them tests and evaluate them if they are fit to be doctors that work in our hospital."

 

"I understand Manager, I'll do my best"

 

The Manager smiled as and thanked her, then sent her off to prepare for the orientation.

 

"Aish. jinjja, did I really get promoted, or am I under initiation?" She asked herself. Looking down at the schedule in her hands, she had approximately an hour and a half to prepare for the speech, "This calls for coffee," she tells herself, since she didn't have any appointments at the moment she made her way out of the hospital towards the coffee shop across the street.

 

She was almost to the pedestrian lane right next to the parking lot when she overheard some people arguing.

"Yah, what do mean you want to meet? You can't" said a man's voice. And not just any man's voice, this was familiar, and turning her attention towards the people talking, she finds the owner of the voice was her boyfriend, Major Yoo Si Jin, speaking to a woman; a very attractive woman.

 

This day is not going well for me. She told herself as she silently made her way towards them, wanting to discover who this woman was, but careful not to draw their attention to her.

 

"What's wrong with meeting her?" the woman said, "If she's entering the family I have to know if she's worthy."

 

"She is." Si Jin answered sternly, "Now go and do whatever you're supposed to do." using his hands to shoo her away.

 

Kang Mo Yeon was now close enough to be heard so she finally made her presence known.

"Is there a problem here?" she asks. Her voice and posture in full-on mode.

 

It was Si Jin who saw her first, immediately a smile crept into his lips, "Animnida. I was just trying to tell this person to leave for her orientation."

 

"Ah, I see," Mo Yeon replied, and then the woman turned her way, looking very pissed for having interrupted her conversation.

 

She looked like she was about to scream, and tell Mo Yeon off but suddenly her expression turned to surprise then softened into a smile.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo," Eun Mi said, "I'm Eun Mi. Jung Eun Mi. I'm entering as an intern here, it's nice to meet you."

 

"Ah, guraeyo?" Mo Yeon replied, but she was looking at Yoo Si Jin sending warning daggers about what their conversation will be like later. "Then the main entrance is that way, you may ask at the information desk for the exact venue. Kureom." She said then with one final glare at Si Jin, Mo Yeon left and headed for the coffee shop across the street leaving Eun Mi and Si Jin.

 

Eun Mi was the first to speak once Mo Yeon was out of earshot. "Uwahhh. That was Kang Mo Yeon" then turning to Yoo Si Jin, she grabbed both his arms and shook them real hard, "Oppa! Pinch me quick, I can't believe I just met THE Dr. Kang Mo Yeon"

 

Si Jin laughed a little but decided to play along with Eun Mi and pinched her on her arm.

 

"Yah! That hurt!" Eun Mi complained rubbing the spot that Si Jin pinched. "So, it's true I really spoke to her, Omo. I should’ve asked for a photo."

 

"Yah, Jung Eun Mi. I think this is the first time I'm seeing you like this." he crossing his arms in front of his chest.

 

Suddenly Eun Mi's mood shifted back to antagonizing Si Jin. "Laugh all you want but I'm standing firm about meeting your girlfriend." she said

 

Si Jin smirked then said, "You just did." then patting Eun Min on the head he told her, "Good luck on your first day, I have to appease my jealous girlfriend now, bye" then took off towards the same direction that Kang Mo Yeon took.

 

"What?" Eun Mi asked, but Si Jin was already out of earshot. "Kang Mo Yeon- sunbae, and Si Jin oppa are..." then finally she put two in two together, shocking her about the entire truth, "No!" she exclaimed, "How can such a perfect person like Dr. Kang, date a troublemaker like oppa? This isn't right" she said as she watched Si Jin's back as he was crossing the street

 

*****

 

Lee Chi Hun was making his way towards Nurse Choi when his phone began ringing, "Oh, Eomma!" he greeted, "Is something the matter?" he asked then signalling Min Ji to wait for a second, holding one finger up.

 

"Chi Hun-ah" the chairwoman greeted "Have you received the invitations I sent over earlier?"

 

"Ne, Eomma, I'm handing them out now."

 

"That's good, be sure to hand them to everyone, this would be the event of the year."

 

"Jinjja Eomma? You don't have to go that far"

 

"I'm serious; everyone will be there, including our family and friends from abroad, and also some political connections for the hospital."

 

"Of course, Eomma, I'll call you when I'm done with work. Bye then" He hung up the phone then regarded Min Ji

 

"Sorry about that, my mother is being very meticulous about this event" he said apologizing about the delay and handing over three party invites to Min Ji

 

"Aniyo, I understand." she said, "And these are for Dr. Song and Nurse Ha right?"

 

"Yes" Chi Hun replied happily, "But I wasn't sure to give them one each or just one invite since they can have a plus one"

 

"Plus one?" Min Ji asked.

 

"Ne. it means you can bring somebody with you like a date. Yours includes one too Min Ji, make sure to bring someone!" he said then waved goodbye to hand out the other invitations.

 

Min Ji stared down at the party invitation in her hands, "Plus one huh?" she said to herself, "As if I have someone like that" shaking her head she stuffed the invite carefully into her pocket and continued with her work.

 

*****

 

Yoo Si Jin spotted Kang Mo Yeon sitting in one of the tables near the back of the coffee shop drinking an Iced Americano.

 

Smiling, he walked towards her, but all her got from her was a glare, then turned her face to the other way.

 

"Yah, Kang-sonsaeng, what's wrong with you?" Si Jin asked grabbing one chair and sitting across Mo Yeon. "Is that any way to greet your boyfriend who drove all the way here to see you on his day off? I even called off the 3 days 0 nights tradition with Sergeant Major Seo"

 

Mo Yeon looked at him blankly then gave him the most sarcastic smile she could pull off. "Hello" then continued to pout.

 

Si Jin thought about the best way to go about the situation. He didn't want to aggravate Mo Yeon even more by mentioning Eun Mi or starting on the defensive, so instead he said, "If you don't want to see me, I can go." he said, testing the waters, but Mo Yeon seems unfazed. So he stood up, causing Mo Yeon to look at him, "Text me when you're done, I'll pick you up, hopefully you'll want to see my by then. I'm going then"

 

"Chakaman!" Mo Yeon said, causing Si Jin to smirk,

 

He turned back then said to her, "See? You do want to see me."

 

"Aniyo." Mo Yeon said, "I just wanted to know who that girl was,"

 

"Wae?"

 

"To know if I'm supposed to be jealous or not!" Mo Yeon replied annoyed. She wasn't having a good day to begin with, the last thing she needed was Si Jin being annoying.

 

"I'm sorry" Si Jin replied, gently pulling back the chair and sitting back down. "I was inconsiderate. That was Eun Mi, she's my cousin."

 

Mo Yeon raised an eyebrow, "I've heard that before." recalling the time when Seo Dae Yeong and Si Jin used the same excuse about the flight attendant in the photo that was sent to them in Urk. "Explain everything to me clearly in detail, including why you're taking her to work"

 

 

"It's true" Si Jin said, "She really is my cousin, Sergeant Major Seo, and Lieutenant Yoon can prove that to you. I brought her here on my father's orders. Eun Mi's mother is protective; she wanted me to look after her. That's the truth."

 

"I believe you." Mo Yeon answered."We promised to be understanding with each other. So I believe you, I understand the situation, and I'm not jealous. Well, I was before, but I get it now."

 

"I was right to keep dating you." Si Jin said, smiling to which Mo Yeon replied;

 

"Lucky you" as she continued to sip on her coffee.

 

"Guende, Kang son-saeng," Si Jin began, "What are you doing here? Don't you have work?"

 

"I wanted to clear my head," Mo Yeon answered. Si Jin told her to continue so she did. "I'm subbing for the person-in-charge of the interns, and I have to give a speech at the orientation, and I don't know what to say."

 

"Of course you do." Si Jin replied, "You always know what to say."

 

Mo Yeon gave him a hard look. "I mean it. You always do." Si Jin said.

 

She took a deep breath to calm herself down; then after a few moments she remembered something that she needed to tell Si Jin.

 

"Ah! I forgot to tell you yesterday," she exclaimed, "I won't be free tomorrow afternoon, I'll be with Myeong Joo"

 

"Oh really?" Si Jin replied quite disappointed. "And I wanted to take you out on a date too."

 

"Aish, you're just saying that knowing that now you don't have to." Mo Yeon said sipping at her coffee.

 

Si Jin only smiled, as he continued to look at her. Then reaching to tuck a stray strand of hair away from her face he says, "Yeppeo da."

 

*****

 

 

Eun Mi's orientation was boring at best; at least until Kang Mo Yeon stood at the podium and gave them her testimonial about being a doctor and working at Haesung. That was when Eun Mi realized that Kang Mo Yeon was a very honest person, she didn't even lie about the difficulties she had to endure working at Haesung.

 

Looking at the people around her, Eun Mi noticed that some of her fellow interns were already talking about the late shifts and troublesome work schedules, but when she turned her attention towards the stage again, Dr. Kang was looking straight at her.

 

She's looking at me. OMO

 

Her eyes went wide, and then Mo Yeon smiled at her, before continuing her speech.

 

"You may already have a title to your name, but are you worthy of bearing that title?" then Kang Mo Yeon once again regarded the entire room. "You will face a lot of hardships, and this program will test you, so be prepared. Lastly, we are happy that you chose Haesung. Do your best and don't make us regret choosing you."

 

Kang Mo Yeon finished her speech and stepped off the podium, hearing the loud applause from the audience. Then, smiling to herself she said, "Damn that was a good speech."

 

The orientation finished with a few handshakes and photos taken, then the interns were given envelopes with their names on it. Inside the envelopes were their files such as their attendance sheets and templates for their progress reports. Also clipped onto the envelope was their intern ID. Eun Mi took the ID card and examined it.

 

Jung Eun Mi

General Surgery Department

 

*****

 

For Yoon Myeong Joo, the day cannot possibly go any slower. She could not believe that there was still 5 minutes before she could leave. She already got her papers signed for her leave tomorrow or her so-called date with Kang Mo Yeon, and she was just so excited! It was all she could think about all day, and imagining what Seo Dae Yeong would say when he sees her in her new outfits. Just thinking about it made her blush.

 

It has been a long time since she pampered herself because she didn't really care, and she always believed that Seo Dae Yeong preferred seeingS her in her combat uniform than flimsy dresses. But still, there were many parties coming up, so she wanted to build a war chest of clothes and make up for such occasions.

 

When the clock finally struck 6 o'clock she immediately stood up and grabbed her coat, and left to meet Seo Dae Yeong or to surprise him rather at his house.

 

Myeong Joo also grabbed her phone that she threw earlier on the passenger seat to check for any messages. The screen lit up revealing the photo of Seo Dae Yeong kissing her cheek and she smiled.

 

Kiss.

 

I want to kiss him.

 

She couldn't hold herself back so she dialled his number as she was parking her car and waited only two rings before he picked up.

 

"Dan-gyeol." The Sergeant Major said on the other line.

 

"Dan-gyeol" Myeong Joo replied, giggling a bit.

 

"Is something the matter?" Seo Dae Yeong asked.

 

"Ani. And I just miss you." Myeong Joo said, then she suddenly thought of something.

 

On the other line Seo Dae Yeong—who was at a jewellery store at that time—smiled. He was only thinking about what to buy for Myeong Joo. Since she wasn't a very meticulous person when it came to jewellery he was having a hard time picking one out, but when he heard her voice, he knew what to give her.

 

"Gurae?" Seo Dae Yeong replied,

 

"Ne." Myeong Joo replied, but her voice was a bit breathy this time, "Where are you right now?" she asked.

 

 If she had any right to her boyfriend, it was the right to seduce him. And right now, she needed him. She was parked in the far corner of the parking lot at Seo Dae Yeong's compound. It was already dark, and hearing Seo Dae Yeong's voice was making her . She scanned her area.

 

There were only three other cars parked, but they were old models, looking like they aren’t used anymore. So Myeong Joo decided to move between the two cars, giving her less visibility.

 

"Out." Dae Yeong replied, then he noted on the change in Myeong Joo's voice so he asked, "Are you alright? You sound different" He then thanked the lady at the store for helping him with his purchase then went straight for his car, there was something going on with Myeong Joo and he had to find out what.

 

"No." was her reply.

 

Why am I like this? Myeong Joo asked herself as she took one last sweep of the area. Nobody was there. The night was dark, And the windows were tinted. She must have been crazy to even think of what she was about to do, and maybe she was. But she didn't care, just hearing Seo Dae Yeong's voice causes heat to pool between her legs.

 

"Where are you?" Seo Dae Yeong asked, his voice suddenly stern and commanding, but Myeong Joo didn't reply, she couldn't. Not when she was busy . The only thing that she could say at the moment was, "Oh God"

 

Seo Dae Yeong was now sure of what she was doing and just thinking about it did things to him. "Yoon Myeong Joo! Where are you?"

 

That snapped her out of her trance. "Your apartment parking area" she replied, her voice laced with heat as she continued to do her ministrations.

 

She smiled to herself when she heard Seo Dae Yeong's tires almost screeching in the background. And with her half-aware mind she says to herself

 

Come find me Sir.

 

******

A/N: I am cringing at my own fluffy writing. I am sorry if I made anyone else uncomfortable haha :) Though I get that it's a bit abrupt, a lot of people were asking for it, so some is coming up haha. What do you think of the story so far?