EPISODE 4 Part 1

Descendants of the Sun Season 2

[EPISODE PART 4 PART 1]

 

 

"Yoongi Oppa??" Kang Mo Yeon and Yoon Myeong Joo replied simultaneously.

 

"Hello. Long time no see?" the man replied, quite unsure how to go about next in this encounter. It was a real long time since he last saw these two women and their last encounter was not the prettiest picture.

 

"Ne, Oppa" Mo Yeon said

 

Myeong Joo, being the first one to regain her bearings said to Yoongi, "It's really good to see you, but we're meeting some people so we'll be going in now" then she ushered Mo Yeon through the door. Still holding the door for them, Min Yoongi let the girls go in first before going inside the cafe himself.

 

Myeong Joo was silently praying that Yoongi only ordered coffee to go, otherwise this could turn into a great disaster. Memories of Si Jin and Dae Yeong planning their assualt on this man who played around with both her and Mo Yeon flashed in her head as her eyes scanned the room for Seo Dae Yeong and Yoo Si Jin.

 

Mo Yeon was still dazed, she was happy to see her old friend; however she knew that the timing was very strange. Of all places and of all times they meet in this particular cafe when her boyfriend—who happens to hate Min Yoongi— was approximately within a fifteen-foot radius. While Myeng Joo was scanning the room for their boyfriends she took the chance to say to Min Yoongi. "I didn't think we would meet here of all places and with Myeong Joo as well"

 

Min Yoongi smiled sadly, "Well, I didn't expect it either, seeing both of you brings back memories." he replied, "You look beautiful, how have you beam?"

Mo Yeon tried her best not to look irritated, then she flashed a bright smile at him, "Myeong Joo and I got pretty close recently, we travelled together overseas too." This wasn't entirely a lie, they did serve in Urk together, and it’s just a little bending of the truth.

 

"Kang-sonsaeng, I found them" Myeong Joo said, not looking back at the Mo Yeon and Yoongi, she waved at Dae Yeong and proceeded to head in their direction.

 

"I better go, it was nice seeing you Oppa." then Kang Mo Yeon left.

 

She didn't feel as nervous as she did earlier, but she did feel glad thinking that she and Myeong Joo avoided a potential disaster.

 

"Is he gone?" Myeong Joo whispered as Mo Yeon took her seat. However, both Dae Yeong and Si Jin with their trained ears heard every word

 

"Who's gone?" Si Jin asked,

 

"Is somebody bothering you?" asked the other.

 

Waving her hands in front of her Mo Yeon tried to clarify the situation, "Ani. We just bumped into an old friend that's all."

 

"Gurae?" Si Jin says as he took a sip from his drink, "then why do you look so pale? are you alright?"

 

Mo Yeon's eyes widened automatically. Unable to give an answer, Myeong Joo spoke for her, "she's just tired, I dragged her from one store to another" then looking at Mo Yeon she says "Mianheyo"

 

"Ah, it's fine"

 

All was going well. Myeong Joo was telling the group about her day, and Mo Yeon began talking about Chi Hun's son Hansol when a man and woman came up to them. The man was Min Yoongi "Excuse me." he started, smiling, "We were just leaving, I just came to say, goodbye. It was really nice seeing you again."

 

Mo Yeon and Myeong Joo stared at each other dumbfounded; they finally realized how dense and insensitive this person was.

 

"Who are you, if I may ask?" I was Yoo Si Jin who spoke.

 

"Ah, he's the friend I told you about earlier." Mo Yeon spoke so fast her words were becoming slurred, then facing Yoongi she said in a lower and softer voice "Ne oppa, it was nice seeing you as well."

 

"Kureom" Yoongi replied then left.

 

While sipping her coffee Myeong Joo sneaked a peek, and once she was sure that they were out of earshot she leaned forward quickly at the same time as Mo Yeon, "Who was that/Was that his girlfriend?" they both say at the same time.

 

"Yah, what girlfriend, it's obvious that I look better than her" Mo Yeon argues.

 

"Omo, are you jealous?" Myeong Joo replies teasing Mo Yeon

 

"Yah, who's jealous, I'm just stating fac--" Mo Yeon was unable to finish her sentence, because of the sudden change in the atmosphere around them. The happy and light energy seemed to darken as each second passes. Slowly the two women turn their heads towards their boyfriends who now have their arms crossed across their chests. Their eyes were suspicious and so was their tone when they spoke.

 

"Oppa?" Seo Dae Yeong begins

 

"Jealous of his girlfriend?" Si Jin continues, and with a scoff he adds "Who may I ask is this Oppa, whose girlfriend you are jealous of."

 

"Ani. I'm not jealous at all, you misunderstand" Mo Yeon says, she looks to Myeong Joo for support.

 

"I was just teasing her," Myeong Joo says addressing the two men, "I htink it is you two who are jealous, wae?"

 

Shaking his head, Seo Dae Yeong asks, "Who was that?"

 

"Min Yoongi Oppa"

 

Slowly both men had their eyes closed, and so were their fists, as if trying to contain their murderous intents for the person that played around with their girlfriends.

 

"That was the person who played around with you?" Si Jin asks, and when neither Myeong Joo or Mo Yeon replied he continued, "Then I don't know why we're still sitting here" he addresses Dae Yeong, "how do you feel about beating someone up today?"

 

"Yah. you both stay put!" Myeong Joo scolds them when they began to stand up, grabbing Seo Dae Yeong by his sleeve and forcing him down beside her "Nobody is killing anybody,"

 

"We're tired, can't you just be understanding boyfriends and let this one go?" Mo Yeon adds

 

Yoo Si Jin looks at Seo Dae Yeong having some kind of a telepathic conversation, then both of them relaxed. "Oh, we're very understanding when it comes to the two of you" Si Jin says, "It’s your ‘Oppa’ that we don't understand" he finishes with a mocking face.

 

Mo Yeon pouts and decides it was time to bring on the aegyo, "Just this once" she says pouting and grabbing onto Si Jin's arm, "Just this once, can you let it go? Hmmm? For me?"

 

It was obvious from the wavering of his eyes that his resolve was also wavering. "Yah, that's not fair" he states

 

"What is?"

 

"You can't act all cute like that when I'm pissed, you know I can't stand it." then he lightly pinches her cheeks Myeong Joo was the one who couldn't stand it. "Aigoo, you both are disgusting."

 

"I'm not as easily convicted as that idiot Lieutenant" Seo Dae Yeong says, "I'll hold it in as long as I can, but this is not over."

 

Myeong Joo was speechless, she thought she had gotten away clean, "Yes, Sir." she replies, and internally she prayed that they wouldn't have to see their Yoongi Oppa again.

 

 

******

 

"My name is Park Minseok." he said, "I am a doctor from Canada, but I am here from the request of Chairman Lee."

 

There was a silence; Eun Mi thought maybe it was because they were inspecting the validity of his claim.

 

Eun Mi was already done with the stiches, when the man spoke again, "If you do not believe the license you are holding, that person there can vouch for me." he says pointing to a the doctor who was also helping a patient.

 

"Finish this up for me?" Eun Mi politely asked one of the nurses, and she obliged.

 

"Lee Chi Hun?"

 

"Yes. He is Chairwoman Lee's son is he not?" Park Minseok continues, "My family and Lee Chi Hun's family go way back, you can ask him if you don't believe me."

 

If Eun Mi wasn't mistaken, the Department Head looked like he was shaking. "Is the chairwoman really scary?" she whispers to one nurse who was nearby

 

"Yes, the chairwoman even has the Hospital Director shaking in his shoes when she's around."

 

"Jinjja? Uwah" Unable to sit still any longer, Eun Mi went forwards and stood beside Park Minseok in front of the department head.

 

First bowing towards her seniors, Eun began politely. "I'm sorry for causing trouble, it will not happen again." But Dr. Jinsoo--Eun Mi decided-- only raised an eyebrow at her so she continued "I'll be leaving now Doctor, please continue to see to the other patients." Eun Mi bowed to them again and turned to leave.

 

 

"Who told you to leave?" She heard Dr. Jinsoo's voice say so she turned around "Are you turning your back against your patients?" Then the doctor left to see to the other patients.

 

Eun Mi smiled. It wasn't often that she smiled genuinely, it was always, a mischievous grin or a smirk, but this time she was actually smiling.

 

"Kurae" Dr. Park says, "please see to the other patients, doctor." he tells Eun Mi, as he moves towards the patient that Eun Mi treated checking the sutures, then once again he looks up to her and smiles saying, "Good job." and with that he left for another patient.

 

"What's this?" Eun Mi says to herself, her hands fly up to both her cheeks feeling all warm. She immediately drops them, then scoffs, and rolled her eyes. "Yah, Jung Eun Mi, get a hold of yourself." she scolds herself then angrily leaves the building.

 

*****

 

Yoo Si Jin walks back towards his car after dropping Kang Mo Yeon off at her house, with a smile on his face. He was happy, and secure in his relationship, and believes that at this point, nothing could go wrong.

 

But he hasn't even unlocked the door yet when his phone began ringing. It was his Battalion Commander

 

"Dan-gyeol." he says

 

"Report back to base immediately, this is an emergency."

 

"What do you mean Sir?"

 

"US Delta Force mission has been compromised."

 

"I will return immediately. Dan-gyeol."

 

Immediately Yoo Si Jin got into his car and drove back to the army base. It wasn't even been 45 minutes when he was bursting through the office doors of his Battalion Commander.

 

"Dan-gyeol"

 

"At ease."

 

"What happened?" Si Jin asks. It was unusal for him, but he felt quite nervous about the situation. The Delta Force is an elite special operations group of the United States that he himself respected. Argus used to be its captain, and now Jordan, who has become his comrade.

 

"They failed a mission. It was supposed to be a rescue but they were ambushed even before they got close to the perimeter. It was a setup. Half of Delta Force was wiped out in the attack and only the captain and one other made it." the official explains

 

"I see, but why come to us?"

 

"Follow me"

 

They go outside, and head towards the confinement facility. Yoo Si Jin did not understand why they had to jail the Delta Force Captain, he has always been on their side. They enter the facility and down the halls they went until they arrived at a padded cell where Si Jin saw him.

 

"Jordan" he says no loud enough for the captain to hear. He moves closer to the cell, and calls out louder, "Jordan" but there was no response.

 

"Why is he like this? Why trap him in a cell?" Si Jin asks

 

"He is still out of it, but the other soldier recovered faster, and from the moment we recovered him he was only speaking of two things: 'weapon' and 'Big Boss'" the Battalion Commanders says as he points towards the cell beside Jordan's where a male soldier who looked no older than Si Jin was seated and conscious but seemed to be only staring at the walls. "Now tell me Big Boss, what does this mean?"

 

 

*****

 

It was way past Eun Mi's shift when they finished treating the patients with serious wounds.

 

"Jung-sonsaeng, you performed very well. Thank you for all your help" one of the nurses said. Eun Mi felt warm inside.

 

"Ani. It's my job after all, I'm just happy I could be of assistance" she says, shrugging off the praise, "You're the ones who deserve the praise, you do this on a daily basis, I'm sure it's tiring"

 

"It's our job after all" the other nurse says, "You get used to it in time"

 

"Thanks again for all your help, take care now," Eun Mi says, as she waves goodbye to the nurses who helped her.

 

She smiles to herself as she massages her neck. She didn't expect the amount of people that came in; she may be tired but she was content. She fishes the car keys from her pocket, then stared at it for a few seconds, before putting them back. She decides that she's too tired to drive so she walks towards the road to wait for a cab.

 

"Hi" a voice behind her says, and she turns around. It was Dr. Park.

 

"Yes?"

 

"You did well today" he tells her, before handing her a cold canned coffee, which he probably got from the vending machine inside the hospital.

 

"Thanks" she replied,

 

"And I'm sorry for snapping at you earlier," he continues "If I hurt your feelings, I sincerely apologize"

 

Eun Mi scoffs "If you think I get upset over things like that, you're wrong. It's no big deal."

 

"Heading home?" he asks her, to which she responds by nodding, "Can I offer you a ride home? As a thank you for all your help today" Park Minseok offers.

 

"It's okay, I can just take a cab"

 

"I insist." he says, "I promise I'm not a weird guys" he says smiling, flashing those perfect teeth.

 

But Eun Mi hails a cab and says instead, "Maybe next time" then gets in the cab. But before she can shut the door, Park Minseok, grabs onto it, then says "We're a bit short on hands here, why don't you transfer?"

 

Eun Mi's eyes went wide at his question, it has certainly taken her aback, but before she could give an answer, Park Minseok adds, "That’s an absurd question why would you transfer to all this chaos" then he laughs nerviously, and adds, "thanks for your help, and good luck." Finally shutting her door and waving goodbye to her from the sidewalk, leaving Eun Mi happy, confused and worried all at the same time, about her career as a doctor and her own heart.

 

 

*****

 

"I asked you a question Major. What do you have to do with this? What does this mean?"

 

"Nothing, I have no idea what he's talking about. Let me talk to him first." He says and signals a guard to open the door. He hands over whatever weapons he has to the guard and made his way inside of the cell. He walks towards the soldier and asks

 

"What's your name, soldier?"

 

The man only looks up, his eyes droopy, and looked at Si Jin's face as if trying to remember who he was. Suddenly his eyes widened in realization and stood up quickly, causing the chair to fall back, then grabbed Si Jin by his collar almost pushing him back to the opposite wall.

 

"It's you." the man says, "Big Boss, it's you. Help us."

 

"What's your name?" Si Jin repeats

 

"Jordan. Black Bull where is he? Is he alive?" the man says, and then removing his grip from Si Jin's collar, he begins to pace back and forth. "No, how can he be alive. Everyone is dead!"

 

"He is alive."

 

"He is?"

 

Si Jin nods in reponse, "But first tell me what happened."

 

Upon hearing that his leader was alive, the man began to calm down. "It's Michaels." he says calmly. And then as if the name itself angers him he became aggravated once again, "Don't trust that . Whatever Michaels says do not believe her!" he now has his hands on Si Jin's collar once again.

 

From outside, Si Jin hears someone say, "Pull him out" and the doors begin to open.

 

"That did this to us. She's a traitor! Don't trust her!" the soldier was pacing again, and by that time strong arms had taken Si Jin by both arms and escorted him out of the room.

 

"Tough break huh?" He hears someone say from the other cell. Si Jin immediately recognizes it as Jordan's and he went to him.

 

"Jordan, what happened?" Si Jin asks worriedly, "Who is this Michaels?"

 

The Delta Force captain smiled sadly and replied, "My wife."

 

*FLASHBACK*

 

[UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, 72 hours previously]

 

"We've been compromised." somebody says.

 

Footsteps can be heard from where the Delta Force team was located. The footsteps were getting closer.

 

"Captain, we have to move." A female soldier says to the Captain,

 

"You go on ahead. I have to see this through"

 

"But Captai--"

 

"There's no time. Leave now and take this." Jordan hands a small glass case containing two vials to the soldier. "You must protect this with your life. Once you make it contact Big Boss, and explain everything to him, he is the only one I can trust right now."the female soldier takes the case and keeps it. "Farewell Captain."

 

"You as well."

 

The soldier turns and leaves.

 

"I love you, my Anna" Jordan whispers as the woman dissolves into the darkness, and he could only hope that the vials reach Big Boss.

 

*END OF FLASHBACK*

 

"Seeing how confused you are now I guess I can assume that you never received anything." Black Bull asks Si Jin, disappointment painted on his face.

 

Si Jin shakes his head sadly "No." he says, "No, I received nothing."

*****

A/N: Sorry for the long wait, I’ve been really busy with graduation and moving out of my dorm, and looking for a job. I’ll try to update as often as I could, both here and your requests. Thanks so much in advance for your understanding and support, it means a lot to me. Thank you also for being patient with me.

 

Please tell me if you’re enjoying the story so far, so I can change some things if they’re starting to get boring haha. Thank you