EPISODE 2 Part 1

Descendants of the Sun Season 2

[EPISODE 2 PART 1]

 

It was around eight in the morning when Sergeant Major Seo and Lieutenant Yoon showed up the next morning just before the medical team arrived. Considering that Myeong Joo wanted to check on her patients, eight o'clock was pretty late. Kang Mo Yeon expected her to be back at the crack of dawn, maybe she was still too tired.

 

"What's this?" Lieutenant Yoon asked as a greeting as she entered the room where Kang Mo Yeon and Yoo Si Jin were staying. She was pertaining to the thin bandage around Kang Mo Yeon's neck. "Did a vampire bite you or something?" And this time Yoo Si Jin let out a laugh. Mo Yeon just glared at him and ignored Myeong Joo's questions.

 

Mo Yeon figured she couldn't walk around with that hickey visible to everyone so she had to make do with what she had. Si Jin was laughing the entire time she was putting it on.

 

"What's wrong with it?" He asked while unable to hold his laughter. Kang Mo Yeon was still glaring at him. "I actually worked hard on that. Dr. Kang, you're not exactly the lightest person in the world you know" he said teasing.

 

Kang Mo Yeon glared at him harder "You shut your mouth" she scolded him as she tried her best to cover up the bruise.

 

Myeong Joo then looked back and forth between her sunbaes, confused about their reactions, then once again focusing her eyes on Mo Yeon's neck, her eyes went wide.

 

She immediately grabbed Kang Mo Yeon by the arm, and dragged her towards the ladies room.

 

"Yah!" Mo Yeon shouted. "What's gotten into you?"

 

"Me? You're the one who did it in the hospital!" she whisper-screamed at Mo Yeon.

 

"Mwo?"

 

Yoon Myeong Joo then yanked at the bandage on Kang Mo Yeon's neck revealing the reddish-purple hickey that Yoo Si Jin left just the night before.

 

"I knew it, you did it too. Ha!" Yoon Myeong Joo said as if it confirmed her theory

 

Instinctively Kang Mo Yeon's hand went to her neck to cover it, when what Myeong Joo said suddenly sank in.

 

"Ani!" she said, waving her hands in front of her dismissively. "We didn't do anything!"  She continued but Myeong Joo just raised an eyebrow at her.

 

"But, wait a minute" it was Mo Yeon's turn to interrogate, "What do you mean 'too'?" Her eyes went wide when she realized, suddenly filled with excitement, shock, and surprise mixed together "You mean you and--" but she was cut off when Myeong Joo covered with her hand.

 

"Shut up" the Lieutenant ordered the Doctor.

 

Kang Mo Yeon struggled to remove Myeong Joo's hand. "Yah, stop it. I won't judge."

 

Myeong Joo removed her hand and they both just stared at each other, and Kang Mo yeon began to tug nervously at the bandage around her neck. Just then their eyes met, and they suddenly burst into laughter.

 

"Not a word of this to anyone, arasso?" Myeong Joo told Mo Yeon as their laughter ceased, and they walked out of the ladies room together.

 

They were already close to the Emergency Room when Mo Yeon spoke again, "I still can't believe it."

 

"Ah, wae?" Myeong Joo asked annoyed, "We're both adults here you know, and besides it's not as if you don't do it..." however Myeong Joo stopped when she saw Mo Yeon's face, and she realized that they hadn't done it. "Omo. You mean Sunbae hasn't made a move on you yet? That’s surprising"

 

Mo Yeon didn't reply, it wasn't that Si Jin hadn't made a move on her. It was because every time Si Jin did make a move on her, either she felt it wasn’t the right time for it or she was scared. She hadn't done it before, she was a . Her mom made it clear that men only went so far as to hold her hand. And yet Si Jin was the first person to take down her walls and take her completely by storm. But most importantly, since Si Jin knew about this, he took caution whenever he touched her, or kissed her, or even held her. He took extra care of her. It was very subtle and other people might not notice it but she does, he has so much respect for her that he doesn't push for what he wants when Mo Yeon wasn't ready for it.

She was happy that he held her in such high regard, but she suddenly felt bad,  because he was putting her preferences before his own.

Just then Mo Yeon's phone began ringing,

 

"I'll get going then," Myeong Joo said, before she left Mo Yeon to answer her phone.

 

"Why is Si Jinn calling me?" she asked herself when she looked at the caller ID

 

"Hello?" Si Jin spoke from the other line, "We've been called to report at the army base, I'm sorry I had to leave without seeing you."

 

Oh, he already left. That made Mo Yeon kind of sad, they were expecting the lung-burn patient to wake up today, and she became worried that she would have to face the hospital's president later.

 

"Oh, it's fine. Call me when you get back, I might be stuck at the President's office, and I might need you to rescue me." she said playfully but Si Jin's voice was all but playful.

 

"Don't ever let that fish-face talk you down, arasso?" he reminded her seriously. He didn't like the way that president talked to his girlfriend last night. He didn't want Mo Yeon to be treated the same way again, especially when he was not there for her physically. "And don't even think about talking to that Park person. I don't like him."

 

"Uwaaah. Are you jealous?"

"Do I have a reason to be jealous?"

"You never need a reason to be jealous, you always are." she told him giggling, which made Si Jin smile, he loved the way she laughed, he finds it extremely y when she does it.

 

"That laugh." Si Jin pointed out, "You're not allowed to laugh like that with anybody else. Just me."

 

"Yes, Sir"

 

"I'll call you later okay? Put your phone on vibrate." Si Jin told her before hanging up the phone

 

*****

 

"Major, Yoo Si Jin." he announced. "Situation report; Evacuation has been completed, all injured residents have been safely transported to the hospital. Korean soldiers are now packing up the supplies as we speak. End of report."

 

"That's good. I will report this to your Battalion Commander, and I will request a plane for you to return to Korea. We are grateful for all your help"

 

"Yes, Sir" and Si Jin saluted the higher officer before exiting the room.

 

He then took out his phone to call his girlfriend, but he saw a text message that came from her, and read it first.

 

My patient just woke, up. The president wants to talk to me. I'll call you after okay? Be careful, I love you.

 

Si Jin smiled, and went straight to his car. He just couldn't leave Kang Mo Yeon alone for even a minute, she always finds herself in trouble.

 

*****

 

"Yes, I understand what you are saying, but the Chairman and the board has already agreed to drop the matter" Dr. Kang tried her best to reason with the person in front of her but she could not get through that big bald fish-head of his. Chi Hun's mom has convinced the President of Haesung Hospital to leave the matter alone, and to drop any charges that they were going to sue her for. She guessed the President still hasn't told fish-face.

 

"The Chairman did, however, the president of your hospital still hasn't made the official call." he argued. "We will have to wait and see about what will happen."

 

Kang Mo Yeon rolled her eyes and began heading for the exit.

 

"Also, Dr. Park will see to the patient, I don't like letting quack doctors like you take care of the patients of this hospital."

 

That was it. Kang Mo Yeon couldn't handle it any longer. She stalked back towards the President's desk to give him a piece of her mind. Never mind the amount of time she would spend for disciplinary action or the status that she wanted to get back. She has had enough of this awful person trying to put her down, when all she did was save another person's life.

 

"Look here. I don't know what it is you have against broadcast doctors, but here's the deal. First and foremost I am a doctor and a surgeon. I operate on people to save their lives, and I appear on television to give out advice so that people who can't go to the hospital can have an idea to diagnose their symptoms so that they can go get checked at a hospital, which is also another form of saving someone's life" she told him confidently. "This is why I don't understand why you are giving me such a hard time when all I did was perform my job as a doctor."

 

Just then the landline phone on the President's desk began ringing. He spoke to the person on the other line for a few seconds before he hung up and regarded Kang Mo Yeon fully.

 

"Your identity has been confirmed. We will not press any charges against you. You can go now." He told her without looking at her

 

She gave him a sort of disgusted look before she exited the room. Though she was in the clear, she felt awful. How could such people be living in this world without realizing that so many people suffer because of their wrong judgements?

 

*****

 

Lieutenant Yoon and Sergeant Major Seo were back on site, taking down the tents they previously set up, and repackaging the extra supplies for future use.

 

Myeong Joo was putting some medicine into their proper boxes and containers carefully checking their inventory of each one, when she suddenly felt nauseous.

 

"Aish, this heat is really starting to annoy me." she said to herself then continued with her work. She figured she'd come across some medicine for herself as she went along.

 

Suddenly her phone vibrated once alerting her of a text message: it was from Major Yoo.

 

Are you done? I’m about to head back to the hospital, should I wait for you?

 

She found herself having difficulty reading the text, her eyes blurred at some parts of it. Closing her eyes for a few seconds to rest them, she then quickly typed in a reply.

 

I'm coming. Give me 5 minutes.

 

Palli. I'm bringing the car around.

 

She then dialled Seo Dae Yeong's number. "Hello?"

 

"Is everything all right?" Seo Dae Yeong said over the line. He was supervising the transport and coordination with the heavy equipment.

 

"I'm fine, but I feel a bit dizzy." She told him as she finished packing the box and placed it on top of the medicine crates to be transferred later. "I'm going to the hospital with Sunbae, I'm just calling to tell you"

 

"Are you sure you're okay? Do you want me to come with you?"

 

"Seriously, it's no big deal. I'll see you later okay?"

 

"Okay" and she hung up the phone. Not a second later, somebody started honking a car horn outside the medical tent

 

"Coming!"  She called out to her Sunbae before grabbing her cap and went out.

 

*****

 

"The patients are doing fine. All the patients who went under surgery have woken up and are being looked into by the other doctors." Nurse Choi informed the team around lunch that day.

 

"That's good. At this rate we can all relax and maybe return home by tomorrow." Dr. Song replied, and everybody breathed a sigh of relief with smiles on their faces. They all wanted to go home, especially after what has happened they all missed the comforts of Korea.

 

They were all sitting at a cafeteria table having their lunch when Major Yoo and Lieutenant Yoon entered.

 

"Have you seen Kang Mo Yeon?" they both asked at the same time. Everyone at the table just stared at both of them

 

Si Jin gave Myeong Joo his most confused look. Why was she looking for Mo Yeon? He thought to himself.

 

"Sunbae. I asked first. I call dibs." Myeong Joo told Si Jin. She then turned towards Chi Hun and asked him again. "Kang Mo Yeon, have you seen her?"

 

"I think she went up to the President's office earlier, but maybe she's with her patient now, why?" Chi Hun answered but she was gone before Chi Hun was even done speaking.

 

"Yah, what's gotten into her?" Dr. Song asked, probably speaking to Yoo Si Jin, who was staring at Myeong Joo's back as she exited the door.

 

"I have no idea." Si Jin answered still confused. He then turned towards the group when he had collected himself.  "Anyway since you're all here, I’ve good news" he began, and every person at the table became attentive. "A plane has been requested to transport everyone back to Korea, the flight leaves tomorrow at 13:00" he told them with a smile

 

Everyone cheered then. "Assa!"

“Please be ready by then”

Yoo Si Jin left them to talk among themselves and went looking for Kang Mo Yeon, so he headed for the nurse's station to ask.

 

He was only a few feet away from the desk when he saw Myeong Joo being dragged by the arm by... Kang Mo Yeon!?

 

The two women noticed Yoo Si Jin, so Mo Yeon let go of Myeong Joo's wrist and approached him. The Lieutenant just stayed where she was .

 

"What's going on?" he asked, when Mo Yeon got close enough

 

"That's classified." she replied. Yoo Si Jin raised an eyebrow at that. "I want to say everything is fine but I can't, because I'm not sure, so don't ask, don't tell Sergeant Major Seo, and don't worry, arasso?" then she went back to Myeong Joo before he could even form a reply.

 

"Let's go" was the last thing he heard before the two women hurried away to the ladies room Si Jin suspected.

 

What the--? Something was definitely up. He wanted to call Seo Dae Yeong right away but he thought the better of it. If it was about Myeong Joo he wasn't going to tell him before she did.

 

*****

 

"Do you have it?" Myeong Joo asked once they entered the ladies room

 

"Yes, but are you sure?" Kang Mo Yeon replied as she took a box out of each of her doctor's coat pocket, and handed them to Myeong Joo. "Since when did you show the signs?"

 

"I'm not sure, that's why I asked you for two of these" she replied waving two sets of pregnancy tests in the air. "I've been having dizzy spells since before we left for Canada, but I didn't think much of it, then earlier today I felt really nauseous, I don't know.“

 

"It could be over-fatigue?" Mo Yeon suggested. Though Myeong Joo wasn't sure if she wanted to be a mom, she still had to see it to believe it.

 

"We'll just have to see won't we?" and she entered one of the bathroom stalls.

 

 

*****

A/N: I'm very sorry it took so long to post an update. I hope this chapter is to your liking. Please leave me a comment! Right now, reading them is the best part of my day :D