EPISODE 1 Part 1

Descendants of the Sun Season 2

[EPISODE 1 PART 1]

 

"It was a volcano!" someone screamed "A volcano just erupted!"

 

Screams were heard all over the room, people started running towards the exits and shouting for each other over the sounds of the alarms and warnings.

Kang Mo Yeon's team and Team Alpha could not believe what was happening. Here they thought that they have earned some peace and quiet by celebrating the wedding of their friends, and then a volcano would hinder with their plans.

 

"Team Alpha, Attention!" Yoo Si Jin called out to his team. "Here is your mission." he regarded everyone at his table who are now all standing up and listening intently to his instructions even Seo Dae Yeong chucked his bouquet somewhere and stood at full attention. "Help all the people in the building get to safety; be careful of debris, and aftershocks; for those people who need to leave the building make sure they drive South, away from danger."

"Yes, Sir!" everyone replied. Si Jin also began to gear up, checking his radio, and looking over to Kang Mo Yeon's table where he watched her proudly as she gave orders to the medical team, to get to the hotel rooms safely, reminding them to turn off all airconditioning systems and to close the windows. He smiled.

"Let's make this quick boys! Before the ash fall becomes a burden to us."

"Yes Sir!"

 

The team dispersed assisting anyone who needed help getting out. Big Boss and Wolf personally escorted the Myeong Joo and Mo Yeon out of the building. "What are you two doing?" Yoon Myeong Joo asked as they ran towards the main exit, fortunately they were not among the top floors of the building. "We're fine, I got this, go help the others!" she all but shouted towards Si Jin and Seo Dae Yeong. The two men looked at each other, though they wanted to make sure that their women got to somewhere safe, they also knew that Myeong Joo was right, there were more people who needed their help.

 

"Stay safe." Yoo Si Jin, said to Kang Mo Yeon

"Arasso" she replied. "You be careful too"

Yoo Si Jin smirked, "Of course, I still didn't get to taste the wine at the reception," and he winked at her.

Kang Mo Yeon, almost laughed, but it wasn't the right time so she didn't. "Come back safe, we'll see what we can do about that." This was all she said before Yoo Si Jin, turned around and went back inside the building and she followed Myeong Joo towards the parking lot. The ash fall hasn't reached the area yet so Myeong Joo and Mo Yeon went in a car and drove towards the Canadian Army base to give a report, while the others went back to the hotel rooms to get some rest and pack up. Though there is no Korean army base in Vancouver there are close relations with the Korean and Canadian forces, therefore, Myeong Joo was confident that they would be able to help.

***

 

"Ah, my girlfriend is the best. I'm so lucky" Si Jin says to Dae Yeong as they calmly tell the people still in the building where to go.

"I disagree" Seo Dae Yeong answered with a playful light in his eyes, which earned an eyebrow raise from Yoo Si Jin. "I'm luckier." they both smiled.

 

***

 

The medical team went back to the hotel rooms to rest for the night and pack up; they were expected early the next morning at the Corps Command in Vancouver. Meanwhile Myeong Joo and Mo Yeon explained to the Commander at the base that they are doctors who are willing to assist in the search and rescue and lend a hand with the other affected areas.

 

The Vancouver army base was not nearly as nice as the one they had in Urk. It was bigger in area however, there were very little furnishings. It looked cold and gloomy. Still, Mo Yeon tried to focus her attention on the task at hand.

 

They were told that the help was highly appreciated however; the army was still waiting for the official announcement of where to go first, as they are still gauging the situation, and which areas were most affected.

 

"Yes, Sir" Myeong Joo replied to the Commander and they quietly left the office, to join the others.

Myeong Joo noticed a crease between Kang Mo Yeon's eyebrows. "Don't worry. They'll make it back fine." and she gave Mo Yeon's shoulder a little squeeze.

 

***

 

"Big Boss, come in." Yoo Si Jin grabbed the radio at his belt and began speaking "This is Big Boss. Awaiting orders. Over."

"Team Alpha is to assist in the search and rescue operations according to the strategies and commands of the Canadian forces. You are not to interfere. Reinforcements will be sent out at 2200. Over"

"Copy that. Over and out."

 

When they had confirmed with the fire department that everyone was safe, Yoo Si Jin gave the orders to move out.

 

"Head back to your rooms and pack up, assemble at Corps Command in three hours."

"Yes, Sir" and the team dispersed.

 

"You and I," Yoo Si Jin began, pertaining to Seo Dae Yeong, "have to give a situation report." both men gave a sigh "best part of my day."

 

Seo Dae Yeong and Si Jin enter the Army base and Mo Yeon immediately searched for Yoo Si Jin. Her eyes fall on his face-- bloody and covered with soot from the volcanic ash. She ran towards him, worry evident on her beautiful face.

Ignoring the bright smile he gave her, she began checking him for wounds. "What happened? Are you okay? Where are you hurt, huh?" Mo Yeon bombarded him with questions to which Si Jin replied, "Later. I have to give a report" He started to walk towards the office when Mo Yeon called. "Yah! Yoo Si Jin!" earning a silence in the room, never has anyone in the base heard a Squadron Leader be yelled at and called by his real name by a civilian. He was always just Big Boss.

 

Si Jin looked back for a second and smiled. "Don't worry. The blood isn't mine." and he entered the office.

 

"Soryeong (Major), Yoo Si Jin." He began. "Situation report; Ash fall has not yet reached this area. However, some roads are already impassable further up north due to the ash fall. Korean army reinforcements are expected at 0900 tomorrow. Team Alpha is on standby. End of report."

 

"Good." the commander replied. "We thank you for your assistance; extend this also to your medical team. Stand by for further instructions."

 

"Yes Sir."

 

***

 

"A massive volcano has erupted in Vancouver, Canada. Officials are still preparing for actions to be done. Meanwhile, the Canadian army is now moving food and medical supplies and deploying search and rescue teams to the most affected areas."

Back in Korea the other doctors watched the news worriedly. "Aish Kang Mo Yeon!" Dr. Pyo cried out. She took out her phone and dialled Mo Yeon’s number. It rang a few times before someone answered. "Unnie!" Mo Yeon called on the other line. "Are you all right? Is everyone alright?" Dr. Pyo asked

"Ne, unnie we're all fine. We got out of the building safely" Mo Yeon replied. "Dr. Song and the others are back at the hotel."  Mo Yeon tried to explain as calmly as she can, though she is still shaking from what happened and still very worried for Si Jin, who-- as if on cue--appeared out of the Commander’s office. "Unnie, I'll have to call you back." she said. "Arasso, be careful."

"Ne" and she hung up.

 

Mo Yeon then stalked over to Yoo Si Jin. She just stood in front of him, as he also stood there hands on his hips with a ghost of a smirk playing on his lips. "I'm fine." he told her, but she wouldn't listen. She glared at him hard enough for him to shut up as she examined him. Taking her handkerchief, she wiped the blood and soot off his face. Carefully and diligently she cleaned his face until Si Jin could not stand the silence any longer. He grabbed her arm gently, stopping what she was doing, and asked her, "Are you okay? You're shaking."

"Where did the blood come from?" was her reply. Si Jin, although still worried for Kang Mo Yeon, let this one slide for the moment and decided to answer her question. "One patient cut his arm on broken glass during the panic." he felt her tense as he said the words. It was obvious that the situation scared her; even considering all that she has been through, this can never be easy for anyone. He continued, "The blood got on my face when I took his arm over my shoulder to help him walk."

 

"Ah, I see."

 

And just like that, the sad, awkward, and heavy feeling is back. Like something terrible is about to happen but neither of them wanted to acknowledge it.

 

Yoo Si Jin, would be out there once again, risking his life to save others' and Mo Yeon could not do anything about it,  except to trust and believe in him that he would return to her alive and well.

That is the elephant in the room, and nobody could do anything about it.

 

***

 

"Yoon Myeong Joo! Gwaenchana?"

"Ne, just scratches on my legs. I’m not that used to wearing dresses anymore." Myeong Joo told Seo Dae Yeong. "Ah!" she added like she just remembered something. "And my feet hurt." this caused Dae Yeong to look down at her feet. She was still wearing the high heels back at the party he suspected that she had blisters.

He pushed her down into a chair. "Yah!"

"Just sit down, and let me take a look." he told her sternly as he knelt down in front of her gently taking of her shoes and resting her feet onto his knee.

Myeong Joo just looked at him in awe. Not many men would be willing to touch a woman's feet and here was Seo Dae Yeong, the man that she loved, holding her as gently as he could, as if his touch could break her. Gently, he started to massage her tired feet. "I think I fell in love all over again." she repeated what she said when she first found out about the taxi plate number photos on his cell phone.

Seo Dae Yeong just smiled and said, "It's good that there aren't any blisters. You should change your shoes."

"But all our stuff is back at the hotel." Myeong Joo argued not wanting to forsake Seo Dae Yeong's company.

"Si Jin and I will take you girls back to rest and to check out of the hotel in the morning." he stated. "Do you want to come, or are you staying here for the night, Lieutenant?" he teased and immediately her face lit up like a Christmas tree. "I want to, I'm coming!" she answered smiling.

 

***

 

The car ride back to the hotel took longer than expected. Many residents were already heading out of the town to get away from the catastrophe. And this only made the awkwardness between Si Jin and Mo Yeon stretch longer.

 

"Just say it." Yoo Si Jin was the one to break the silence between them.

 "What?"

"You have that little crease between your eyebrows when you're worried." he replied taking a glance off the road to meet her eyes. "What is it?"

 

"Ah, I'm just curious." she replied.

 

"About what?"

 

"You."

 

"What about me?"

 

"I'm worried that what happened in Urk, will happen here." Yoo Si Jin, stayed silent for her to continue what she was saying.

 

"How come we're going back to the hotel when there are people who need our help now?" she finally asked trying to avoid talking about her fears as much as possible.

 

"Because we don't have any jurisdiction here." Si Jin replied. "Think of it this way, like we're only volunteers to help. We don't decide where we go, or who we help. We are assigned these things, and there's little we can do about it" he explained.

 

"Ah, I see. Thanks"

 

 

***

 

"I'll meet you back at the lobby in an hour." Seo Dae Yeong told Yoo Si Jin as they entered the separate rooms. Si Jin and Mo Yeon shared one room, and Seo Dae Yeong and Myeong Joo shared another. Meanwhile the others were already resting in their respective rooms. One hour was hardly enough to do all that had to be done, but they had a schedule to follow.

 

"Can I wash up first?" Si Jin asked Mo Yeon once he closed the door behind them.

 

"No." Mo Yeon replied as she gathered her things to shower.

 

"No?"

 

"No, you might run off when I'm in the shower. This way, you'll have to wait for me to finish. I'll be quick I promise." Kang

 

Mo Yeon explained. She was still not over the fact that Si Jin is leaving. This was supposed to be their vacation and yet they can't even spend one night together. Call her a clingy girlfriend, but fate has already messed with them enough times, she was not about to forsake his company just yet.

 

However, Yoo Si Jin had a different picture in mind. "Can't we shower together? It's a real time-saver."

 

"Aish. Byuntae (ert)" Mo yeon replied and chucked a pillow at Si Jin, before running into the bathroom and locking the door behind her. She washed up in record time—10 minutes. But Si Jin showered in 5. Mo Yeon dismissed it as a result of military training and discipline.

 

He walked out of the bathroom in only his uniform pants, using the white towel to dry his hair, while Kang Mo Yeon sat on the king-sized bed with a towel still wrapped around her head. She watched quietly, sipping at a glass on red wine from room service as Si Jin walked towards the dresser to grab the shirt that he previously took out. The rest of his belongings were already packed.

 

With her eyes tracing every muscle of his body as he put on his shirt, she began to speak. "So, I guess we should have reserved a single bed instead of this one." she said patting the large bed and its fluffy sheets.

 

Si Jin frowned. "I'm sorry." he began, "But we have to report back at base." he looked at her straight in the eyes as he said this, he sounded sincere. "I'm really sorry; I don't know how to make this easier."

 

He looked tired. This wasn't the first time that he was leaving Mo Yeon, it was obvious that this routine was losing its novelty.

 

"I do." Mo Yeon replied and she took a swig of the wine she was drinking and walked towards Si Jin who was standing next to the door. She stopped in front of him, and grabbed both sides of his face, and kissed him.

As her lips met Si Jin's a drop of the wine slid down their chins as the wine was transferred to Si Jin's mouth. God, Si Jin didn't understand how Mo Yeon could tempt him so as he drank the wine from her lips, laced with the sweetness of Kang Mo Yeon.

 

Si Jin's eyes were still closed when they broke apart, and as the next words left his lips.

 

"You made me break the rules." he said pertaining to the rule where dispatched troops were not allowed to drink.

 

"Don't feel bad about it. I finally did it, after hesitating like a hundred times" she replied with a smile playing on her lips. Si Jin must have recognized that she copied what he said about the first time that they kissed because he smirked at her and pulled her closer.

 

"Stop it." he told her. His lips close enough to hers that she could smell the scent of the wine coming from his mouth.

 

"Stop what?"

 

"Stop tempting me." Kang Mo Yeon smirked at his response. Looking deeply into his eyes she whispered,

"Kiss me."

 

And he kissed her. With one hand on her waist, he turned them about pushing her back onto the door causing a gasp to escape from her lips. Yoo Si Jin grabbed the opportunity to kiss her open mouth deeper, lacing their tongues together. With his other hand on her neck, his thumb was giving a delicious pressure at the back of her ear.

His kisses were hungry and powerful yet full of love.

The hand on Mo Yeon's waist began to move upward. She could feel the warmth of his hand rubbing circles on her abdomen, climbing upward until she could feel his thumb brush the underside of her .

 

Kang Mo Yeon's hands that were initially on Si Jin's chest began to make their way up, feeling every muscle of his chest and his shoulders and his neck up to the back of his head. She grabbed his short hair making his head tilt back, and causing their lips to part. They were both breathing heavily, both their eyes hooded with desire.

 

Yoo Si Jin smirked as he lowered his head to kiss her neck, but before he could make contact, Kang Mo Yeon spoke, "You can go now." weaving through Si Jin's arms, she walked back towards the bed, leaving Si Jin hanging.

 

Once again she took the glass of wine and sat on the bed, all the while hearing Si Jin bang his head on the door and grunting with frustration. This made her giggle.

 

"Stop that, you'll break the door" Mo Yeon told him, as she reached for the television's remote control and turned the set on.

 

Yoo Si Jin walked towards her stopping at the edge of the bed. With his hands on his hips he asked her, "What do you think you’re doing right now?"

 

With the most innocent look she could pull off Mo Yeon answered, "Drinking wine, watching the news…teasing you"

 

Si Jin scoffed at her response and bent down to look her in the eyes.

"Kang Mo Yeon: 1, Yoo Si Jin: 0" Mo Yeon said, a big grin plastered on her face.

Si Jin just laughs, "Remember it well; later, we'll settle the score." and he gave her one last peck on the lips before grabbing his things and heading for the door.

 

"Goodnight." he said before stepping outside.

 

"Goodnight" Mo Yeon replied.

Smiling, Si Jin shut the door behind him.

***

 

A/N: here's the first episode! Please comment your opinions :)

Also, initially I thought to divide each episode into 4 parts, what do you think? Ho w long do you want each part to be? Longer or shorter than this one? This part is more than 3000 words long. :)

 

PS. I don't own Descendants of the sun or any of the characters. Only this story's plot belongs to me. :)

 

[edit]

I found some mistakes I made regarding the emergency situation; reealing that I did not do enough research, which makes me very sad. I'm very sorry. I will fix this as fast as I can. Only then will I upload the next part. Please understand thank you.

[edit]

I fixed the story as best as I could. I think this would be a more realistic emergency situation now. If you encounter a volcanic eruption, stay inside, and close all windows if there is no lava flow headed towards your locaton. Otherwise, evacuate! :)

[edit]

I changed Yoo Si Jin's rank title from Squadron Leader to Major (Soryeong). In the drama they used Soryeong, which is equivalent to Major, or Liteutenant Commander while the title Squadron Leader is reserved for the Air Forces. Sorry for this mistake. I will use Soryeong or Major from now on. :)