Side Story: There's More to Park Jimin Than A Lying Bastard

Please Come Back to My Embrace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When he was young, couples of the same confused him. How could a man be attracted to another man and a woman to another woman? Furthermore, why does society condemn them? Is being gay wrong? Questions flooded in his head as he sees his angry mother called out to a couple of girls who were making out under a tree near where they were sitting. The girls looked up and flushed, before one of them took the other's hand and they both ran off from the scene. Jimin's mother shook her head in blatant disapproval.

"Horrendous. Disgusting," she muttered before turning to Jimin. "Jimin, you listen to me. You mustn't be like them okay? God created such that man and woman belong together. He absolutely abhors same relationship and so do I. Man are created for woman, and woman for man. That's the norm. Never deviate from the norm. Be a good boy that eomma loves."

 Jimin nodded, eager to listen to his mother and be a good boy, as he ate his sandwich.

But how the tables turned.

Jimin realised by the time he was a young teenager and was supposed to have a girlfriend or at least be interested in girls like half of his friends, he wasn't. Not one bit. Yes, s look great, but he never desired to touch them. Or them. Or do anything with them. In fact, they were mammalian glands capable of producing milk to feed the young, not some hormonal boy's source of arousal.

It took time for him to realise his true orientation, given that he lived in an environment where nothing else is drilled except for "Jimin-ah, when are you going to find a girl for yourself?" It didn't really occur to him that he just wasn't interested in girls in general. All this while, he thought he just hadn't found the right girl as of yet.

He was 15 when he could truly say the words, "I am gay." That realisation came when he was first introduced to Hoseok-hyung, Taehyung's hyung and good friend who was in London at that time. Seeing the long face with those high cheek bones and bright smile through the phone screen stirred something within Jimin. When he slept that night, his wet dream came in a form of Hoseok pinning him on the bed as they both become one in passion. Waking up in a sweat and wet bed sheets, he went to the mirror and timidly said, "I am gay."

On that day, he noticed things about boys that he never really noticed before. The way their hair slicked back and how good they look in school uniforms, shirt tucked in and loosen ties when the school ended. He even ogled his best friend during lunch, staring at his tongue which was constantly sticking out of Taehyung's mouth in such a sinful manner.

"Yah, Jiminie, are you okay?" Taehyung waved his hands in front of Jimin, startling him.

"Hmm? Yeah I'm okay. Just tired." Taehyung nodded before while eating the ice-cream. Jimin willed himself to not get affected by the guttural sound that was doing wonders to his newly discovered self.

He would be lying if he'd said he was afraid that his parents might find out about him being gay. Especially his mother. It killed him inside having to hide his true self even around his family. It lasted for a while but in the end, he had to get it out of his chest.

"Mom, Dad. Do you love me?" Jimin asked them during dinner one night. Both of his parents frowned.

"Of course darling! Why would you ask that?" his mother asked worriedly, putting her hand on his arm.

"Even if I disobeyed your orders, you will forgive me and still love me?" he asked timidly, as he tried not to tear up. His mother glanced at his father before turning back to him.

"Honey, what did you do? Tell us. We will be there for you," his mother pleaded.

"I'm....I'm not....." Jimin took a deep breath.

"I'm gay," he bravely said.

Oh the hypocrisy of his mother's words just minutes before he came out. Within an hour, all of Jimin's things were flung out of the house, with his father shouting, "You are no son of mine!" before closing the door on him.  Jimin picked gathered his clothes on the ground through tear-streaked eyes as he sobbed at his own plight. To have his parents disowned him just like that, it was painful beyond compare. With his hands shaking, he picked up his mobile phone and called Taehyung who came within minutes.

Taehyung’s parents welcomed him into the family despite not knowing what had transpired to the extent of him being disowned. Jimin didn’t wish to inform them either, afraid that they too will abandon him. But staying with Taehyung for a few months already, it was only expected that he found out about Jimin’s true orientation.

“Jiminie, is there anything you want to tell me?” Taehyung asked in a serious manner while the two of them were studying in Taehyung’s room. Jimin looked at him in a questioning stare.

“What do I have to tell you?” he asked, nervous out of a sudden.

“You know you can tell me anything right?” Taehyung evaded the question and stared back at Jimin.

Jimin looked deep into his best friend’s eyes, contemplating whether to tell or not to tell. He was afraid that Taehyung’s reaction would be the same as his parents, and he didn’t want to lose Taehyung as his best friend. He took a deep breath and whispered, “I’m gay.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter