Cracks in the Reflection of the Broken Mirror

Please Come Back to My Embrace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoongi stared silently at Taehyung who was cleaning up the mess that he made from earlier. He wanted to say something but he didn’t want to ruin the comfortable atmosphere. Besides, after that outburst and apology, Yoongi didn’t know what to say to him.

“Thank you,” he whispered. Taehyung just hummed in acknowledgement, not looking up, as he picked up the fruits on the floor.

Yoongi pursed his lips as he observed Taehyung. He changed a lot, he noticed. His hair was dyed blonde and he looked thinner. He couldn’t help but wonder if he made his husband that way. He was about to say something when Taehyung spoke up.

“Jimin left for London. He’s going to the dance academy that Hobi-hyung went to. If you want the address I can get for you,” he remarked. Yoongi stared at him. That was not what he expected their conversation to start with. He wanted to ask how Taehyung was doing for the past few weeks. He didn’t want to talk about Jimin. He wanted to reconnect with Taehyung.

But somehow, the words that left his mouth was, “Okay, sure.”

Taehyung nodded and looked down. Yoongi resisted himself from face-palming. This was not going the way he wanted to. The two of them then basked in the silence that followed.

“I still haven’t forgiven you, you know,” Taehyung said after a while. “Neither have I forgiven Jimin. You both screwed me over with my feelings, especially Jimin.” Yoongi didn’t dare to reply.

“But that doesn’t mean that I’m that heartless to leave you to fend for yourself. I’m not you,” Taehyung continued. Yoongi felt hurt at his statement.

“It was my fault, all of it. If you want to place the blame, it is on me. Jimin already initiated the break-up, but I was just too stubborn to let him go,” Yoongi murmured, staring down at his hands. Taehyung scoffed, causing Yoongi to look at him. Before he could say anything, his room door opened.

“I heard from the nurse at the counter that your husband came... oh good morning, I am Dr Lee, Yoongi’s psychologist. Nice to finally meet you,” Dr Lee introduced herself and shook Taehyung’s hand. Taehyung forced a smile whereas Yoongi rolled his eyes at her.

“So Mr Min,” Dr Lee began, facing Taehyung who interrupted her.

“Just call me Taehyung.” She nodded.

“Alright Taehyung, how have you been coping so far?”

“With what?”

“Your husband’s... newfound condition.” Taehyung glanced at Yoongi who was staring off into space.

“I don’t know? I just visited him today,” Taehyung replied bluntly. Yoongi shot a glare at the back of Taehyung’s head despite knowing Taehyung was not able to see. Dr Lee smiled as she sat down on one of the chairs, crossing her legs.

“Interesting,” she stated, to which Taehyung questioned her.

“Well, from what I have been told by Yoongi, you guys are in a perfectly normal and happy marriage. But now that I talked to you, you’re stating the otherwise to me. Don’t get me wrong, lying about the state of marriage is normal, but you, you are very blunt about the true state of your marriage,” Dr Lee explained.

“I thought you’re here to coax me and tell me not to give up on life, not questioning my state of marriage,” Yoongi snapped at her. Taehyung looked at her and back at Yoongi.

“It’s better for her to know isn’t it? I mean, we’re clearly not on talking terms for weeks now, and suddenly this happens and I have to take care of you for the rest of my life and yours,” Taehyung retorted. Yoongi flinched at his tone, his feelings hurt at how blatant Taehyung was.

Dr Lee nodded. “He’s right, which is why I believe that our sessions should be longer. You two have a long way to go in terms of suppor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter