Epilogue 2 (Happy Ending)

Please Come Back to My Embrace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Stop! Before you read this, have you read chapter 26 [Epilogue 1 (Sad Ending)]? If you haven't, please read that first before coming back here. The story is connected and things will make (full) sense. This has been a PSA, thank you. 

“Thank you for tonight,” Taehyung bowed at the man in front of him. “If you want, we can meet up again?” he asked, although he was praying hard that the man would refuse.

His date smiled and patted his shoulder. “Hey, you don’t have to force yourself. We both know that there’s nothing between us. But it was nice to have met you too. Have a good night.” The man then his heels and left Taehyung at the doorstep.

Taehyung bit his lips as he watched the man walk away. He felt guilty for ruining the chances of a relationship between them, but he had been off since afternoon when Yoongi appeared out of nowhere.

Taehyung would be lying if he said that he wasn’t happy to see Yoongi again, especially know the fact that the man had been trying his best to find him. But Taehyung had changed. He wasn’t the old Taehyung, the one who easily forgives and forgets. He had vowed to himself on that morning that he left, he would not look back and will move on. But it was ironic, how affected he was with just a mere appearance of Yoongi.

He opened the door to his apartment and took off shoes before dropping on his couch. He switched the television on and sat back, mindlessly surfing through the channels. He was falling asleep in front of the television set when suddenly his phone rang.

“Hello?”

“Yo Taehyung! How was the date?” Simon, his colleague, asked excitedly.

“Failure,” Taehyung replied, moving his body in his couch.

“, again? Dude, that’s like the best match I’ve found for you!” Simon exclaimed into the phone. Taehyung winced.

“Yeah I know...” Taehyung trailed. Truth to be told, he was not in the mood to talk to anyone. And as if Simon could read his mind, he invited Taehyung out for drinks.

“Just drink away the sorrow man. We don’t have to pick up any blokes or whatever,” Simon persuaded. Taehyung looked at the clock on the wall and grunted.

“I’ll be there in 10.” Taehyung grabbed his coat and keys before leaving the house.

“Sir I’m afraid I’ll have to refuse your order. You’ve had too much for the night,” the bartender, Dominic, told the drunken man on the counter. The man vigorously shook his head.

“Just one more,” he gurgled. Dominic firmly refused before calling a colleague to bring the man at the counter home.

“Tough night?” Simon asked from the other end of the counter. Dominic huffed.

“15 shots, 2 bottles of Jack Daniels, 1 bottle of vodka. And he was asking for more!” Dominic shook his head. “He’s trying to kill himself.”

Simon scoffed in disbelief as he stared at the man. The man was refusing the help of Dominic’s friend, pushing him away as he held his arms. Simon turned back, shocked to see Taehyung silently drinking his martini beside him.

“Oh, you came!”

“I need a drink.” Simon laughed.

“We all do.”

“GET THE AWAY FROM ME!!!” A loud voice echoed the entire bar. Dominic’s colleague was on the ground, rubbing his arms.

“DON’T ING TOUCH ME. I DON’T NEED YOUR ING HELP. JUST LET ME DIE OKAY?!” the man screamed at the crowd that was forming. Dominic threw down his towel and walked towards the man.

“Sir, you have to go,” Dominic said gruffly and grabbed the drunkard by the forearm.

“STOP TOUCHING ME!!” Dominic ignored the man’s protest and dragged him across the room. The man tripped over one of the table legs and fell but that didn’t stop Dominic. He continued dragging the man out of the club with everyone witnessing. Simon cleared his throat before he turned to Taehyung. To his surprise, his friend was no longer beside him and was chasing after Dominic. Simon threw his bill on the counter and ran after Taehyung.

“I know this man. Please, just let me get him home,” Taehyung was pleading with Dominic. Dominic looked at the man and at Taehyung before leaving them.

“You know this dude?” Simon asked as he watched Taehyung cupping the man’s face.

“Yeah,” Taehyung replied simply before looking at him. “Can you help me?”

Simon nodded as the two of them lifted the man up, wrapping his arms around each of the necks. Together, they walked out of the club and onto the street, where Simon waved his hand to catch the attention of the taxi driver who was driving. After successfully putting the sleeping man into the taxi, Simon looked at Taehyung.

“You’re bringing him home? You want me to accompany you?” Taehyung shook his head.

“I’ll be okay, but thanks Simon.” Taehyung pulled Simon into a half hug.

“Sorry things went to . On a Friday!” Taehyung laughed and shook his head, dismissing it.

Simon shut the door of the taxi as he watched the taxi drove off with his good friend and an unknown man, feeling a tad uneasy.

Taehyung struggled to bring Yoongi up the stairs to his apartment. After tremendous effort, he managed to get to his front door, panting hard. He looked at Yoongi and shook his head.

“Move on my , Taehyung. Why did you even bother,” he muttered to himself as he opened the door to his flat and entered. He carefully brought Yoongi to his couch and sat him down. Watching Yoongi sleeping soundly on the couch, a sense of déjà vu washed upon him. Taehyung shook his head to clear his mind before he kneeled beside the couch, trying to get the heavy coat out off of Yoongi. He cleared the pockets of the coat, pulling out his wallet, phone and... A small bottle?

Taehyung read the label on the bottle, blood draining his entire body. Prozac. An antidepressant. Taehyung turned to the sleeping man and stared at him for a long time. Was Yoongi that affected by his departure?

Taehyung shook his head for the umpteenth time, trying to shake off his thoughts. He stood up, taking the coat with him to be hanged on the coat hanger. He went to the kitchen to sober up, popping a few pills into his mouth and gulping down a glass of water. He exited the kitchen again, eyeing Yoongi who now was lying on the couch sleeping. As much as he knew he shouldn’t, he couldn’t help but check on Yoongi.

As he swept Yoongi’s fringe to the side, he noticed tear tracks on his cheeks that weren’t there before. Yoongi mumbled something, before new tears emerged from his closed eyes. At a loss, Taehyung left the man and went back to his bedroom to sleep.

Taehyung woke up hearing screaming coming from the living room. Distressed, he quickly got up and ran to check on Yoongi, wondering what was going on then.

“STOP! NO, PLEASE!” Yoongi was thrashing on the flour, clearly having fallen from the couch from his actions. He was gripping the cushions as he turned his head back and forth, sobbing loudly as he kept crying out in his sleep.

“NO, PLEASE, please...” Yoongi begged. Taehyung slowly approached the man in fear of his own safety.

“Hyung?” he murmured. Yoongi shook his head.

“Don’t. No,” Yoongi pleaded again. He was gripping the cushion so tightly to the point that his knuckles turned white. Taehyung pulled Yoongi into his chest, hugging him from the back as he rocked back and forth.

“Shhh... I’m here,” Taehyung cooed. Yoongi sobbed, tears flowing non-stop.

“Don’t go. Don’t leave,” Yoongi whispered as he gripped Taehyung’s pants. Taehyung cooed at him again, murmuring that he was not going anywhere.

“Stop. Please...” Yoongi’s movement have now ceased as he was reduced to just tears and sobbing.

“Don’t leave me... Taehyung.”

Taehyung couldn’t stop the tears that fell from his eyes.

Yoongi woke up with one of the worst hangover in his entire lifetime. He groaned as he pulled himself up from the comfort of his hotel bed, his hand massaging his head. Losing the energy, he fell back into the bed and muttered to himself.

“ my life. ing loser. No one ing loves you, you ing idiot.”

“They do, it’s just that you push them away.” The familiar voice ins

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter