The Break Up

Royal Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Aya POV

I was sitting at the backseat of a taxi… the taxi that I took after I left Seungcheol at Hangang Park alone. As I recalled back what had happened earlier, my tears ran down my cheeks. We’re breaking up… he’s no longer my fiancé… I thought.

My fingers were playing with the no-longer-existed-ring on my ring finger. It felt so different without a ring on it. And the aching inside my chest made my whole body numb… the pain that I couldn’t describe by words…

How’s him right now? I thought. Because the moment I left him there, no I ran away from him before, he was very stunned by my request and dumbfounded and speechless. All I could see was tears were slowly coming out from the corner of his eyes.

I couldn’t stand looking at him like that… the manly guy that always showing off his strength like he was the strongest man in the world was crying soundlessly because of me in front of me. That was why I ran… leaving him there…

So this is how hurtful the break-up feels? The feels that I never experienced before… but I made Seungcheol, Hana as well as Soonyoung feel this pain… Serve you right, Aya! I sighed and wiped my tears when the car stopped in front of the apartment building.   

As the screen on the elevator was showing 17th level, the door opened. And as the door opened, a familiar figure was showing up… He smiled as soon as he saw me inside the elevator.

“Just came back?” he greeted.

The elevator door was closing at my back but he didn’t even care to get into it. “Ne…” I replied him simple. “Where’s to?” I asked him.

“Dance studio…” he replied. Then he looked strangely at my face “you’re crying?” he asked.

I just shook my head, trying hard to deny and hid it… “What’s wrong?” he asked again, showing his concern face.

I didn’t know what’s got into me that I suddenly burst into tears and I immediately hugged him, yes I was the first one to hug him this time… because I really needed it now.

And as usual, he would hug me back, and he hugged me tighter than always like he could read that I wanted it that way… sobbing on his chest with one of his hand on my back and another hand was the back of my head somehow made me feel a lot better.

How will I be without this guy? I thought.

Seungcheol POV

I was sitting on the bench at Hangang, staring blankly at the river in front of me. Please tell me this is just a dream… I thought. The tears that I held in for so long even how hard the situation I faced before just came out to see the world and they flowing out non-stop since just now.

It was more painful than the break-up I experienced before… it was harder this time… why?

Because I deeply in love with her? Or because I never expected this thing would come as I thought and I confident that she was mine… and I expected it would stay like that forever?

But she didn’t even explain to me why… why she decided to break up with me… did I do anything wrong? Or my attitude that she dislike? Or she already bored with me? Or she didn’t love me and love Hoshi instead?

Didn’t she told me that she loves me too before? Did I hear it wrong?

When she ran away earlier, I tried, I tried to chase her and stopped her… but my legs refused to do so… they were freezing at the spot I was standing at. I wanted to stopped her and hugged her so much but all I could do that time, just seeing her back leaving me behind with my blurry eyes. 

I sighed and wiped the tears on my cheeks that refused to stop flowing out. Then I looked at my hand, the things that I held since earlier… the ring… she returned the ring that linking us.

“This ring… it will return to its owner… I’ll make sure of it…” I said.

Soonyoung POV

I was with Aya, sitting on her bedside looking at her sleeping soundly as she fell asleep after she cried hard earlier. She didn’t talk to me why she cried and who made her cry like that at all but she kept saying “it hurts, it hurts” while sobbing. I asked her did she hurt anywhere but she just shook her head.

As I looked at her, my eyes suddenly attracted to her fingers. They looked different today… they looked empty?

I widened my eyes as I realized the ring; her engagement ring was no longer on her ring finger. Don’t tell me she and Seungcheol are no longer— I shook my head to get rid of the bad thought. As much as my selfish side wanted it to happen, I wanted her to be happy more with the one she chose to be with.

What the heck is happening? Is it because of me? I thought. A tad of guilt-feeling suddenly appeared inside of me as the possibility of their break-up was because of me. Am I the one who make her cry like this?

Aya POV

I was looking at the view of the infamous Han River in front of me with Seungcheol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter