Dance Partner

Royal Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Aya POV

I was in my dance class, sitting with Seungcheol and his friends while waiting for the class to start. I didn’t dare to look at the back of the class where performance team was sitting because I felt so bad to even to face Soonyoung.

“Hoshi is staring at our direction… why am I the one who feel disturbed by that?” complained Mingyu.

“Just ignore him…” said Seungcheol.

I felt really terribly bad as I recalled how he begged me to not avoid and ignore him that morning. But I still did that.

Not long after that, our dance instructor came in “Ok, for your next project, you have to choreograph a dance. The concept or genre is up to you but this is a project that you will have to partner up with someone by random” he informed.

“Eeiii…” students were whining.

“Ok, we will start the draw now… here we have cards with numbers on them… girls first, come to the front and pick a card” he instructed.

I looked at Seungcheol who was sitting next to me before I stood up and line up to take turn to pick a card. As my turn came, I took a card and went straight back to my seat. I didn’t even look at the number on the card yet.

As all the girls finished, the boys started to take turn to pick a card. Seungcheol came to me and sat next to me after he took his card “what’s you number?” he asked.

That was when I first looked at the number on my card “7” I replied.

He then sighed “mine is 3” he said.

Not long after that, Hansol, Mingyu and Wonwoo came. They then showed us their card. But none of them were my partner.

“Ok, find your partner with the same number, now!” said our instructor after all the boys also finished taking their cards.

Everyone was like asking one another what number they had; I did the same as well. But as everyone got their partner, I was left alone… I thought, before someone came to me. “It looks like I’m your partner” I turned around instantaneously as I was very familiar with the voice.

“S-Soonyoung…” I said.

“My number is 7… yours too right?” he asked.

I just nodded to him then turned my eyes to Seungcheol who was looking at us with his narrowed eyes.

“Ok, everyone found the partner yet? Ok, sit with your partner, I’ll hand you a paper, please write your name and your partner’s name… I don’t want any of you to change partner, this is fixed!” he informed.

I was sitting with Soonyoung, but I kept avoiding his gaze “too bad huh? You can’t avoid me anymore…” he said.

“It’s not that I want to… I told you before and I’m sure you get it…”

“It looks like heaven is on my side… lucky no.7” he said.

I looked up to him and he just smiled to me.

*****

I was walking alone to the bus stop after all my classes finished. Seungcheol had to finish his rap project with his friends so he couldn’t send me home. As I walked, I saw someone familiar. “Hey Hana” I greeted her as I walked next to her.

“Oh, Aya…” she said. “You’re alone?” she asked.

I nodded to her “yeah…”

“Oh… so, you’re going home after this?” she asked again.

“Yeah… why?”

“No, I’m so hungry and I feel like eating tteokbokki… but I have no one to go with me… would you mind?” she explained.

I nodded hard to her “sure… I have nothing to do plus, I’ve never tried that yet…” I replied.

We were now sitting at a restaurant waiting for our tteokbokki to be served. “Sorry that you have to come with me…” she said.

“Oh, it’s ok… we’re friends anyway…” I said and smiled to her.

“Yeah… we’re friends…” she repeated what I just said.

As we were talking, our tteokbeokki finally had been served. “It’s spicy… be careful…” she reminded me.

I nodded to her as I tried a piece of it “hmmm… it’s yummy!” I said.

She then smiled to me…“So how’s you and Seungcheol oppa? When will you guy get married?” she suddenly mention about Seungcheol, made me feel awkward.

“Err… we never plan that yet…” I shrugged.

“Oh…” she replied. “You know, he will never bring you to eat this because he can’t eat spicy food! He went all red the last time I forced him to eat this with me…” she started her story.

“Oh… really? I didn’t know he can’t eat spicy food” I replied.  

“If you see his face that time… so funny!” she started to laugh.

I was just faked a smile. Is she really ok to bring up about her past relationship with Seungcheol? I thought.

“But he still did that because I told him to…” she added.

“Oh…”

“He’d do everything for me… I remember the first time he sang for me while I played the piano… you know he can sing too not just rap?” she asked again.

I shook my head “no… I never heard him singing…” I replied.

“And when I was angry, he always did aegyo… he’s so cute that I couldn’t even stay angry to him” she added another detail about him.

“Oh… I haven’t seen that side of him…” I replied and faked a smile.

She kept talking about Seungcheol after that, the things he likes, the side of him that I never knew etc.

She’s probably trying to help me to get to know Seungcheol better… but why do I feel sad about it? I thought as I was listening to her story. It somehow made me think that I never knew him at all… and I felt like he never showed his true self to me.

“Ahh… my tongue is like burning after eating this a lot” I said, changing the topic.

She then looked up to me “you know Soonyoung can’t eat spicy food too?” she asked.

I widened my eyes to her “How did you know?” I asked her curiously. I knew about Soonyoung couldn’t eat spicy food but it was weird that she knew about it too.

“So, you know about it?” she asked me instead.

I nodded to her question. “Nothi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter