The Plan

Royal Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The music started to play and the crowd started to dance with their partners. Princess Sophia ran down the staircase of the stage to get her sister who waited for her among the crowd.

“Princess Sophia…” called someone, stopping her from taking another step.

She turned around to see Prince Ethan was following her. “Yes, your highness?” she replied.

“Everyone is enjoying the show… and everyone’s got the partner… So, I was wondering… would you, your highness, like to dance with me?” he held out his hand and smiled sweetly. 

“Erm… but I…” she tried to refuse since she had another more important thing to do, to meet her sister.

“I would glad if you say yes… since we’re the main characters in this ball” he persuaded her.

“Oh… well then… sure…” she replied.

The prince took the princess’ hand and they moved to the center of the floor and started to dance. Everyone was now circling them and amazed by their smooth dance move.

“I think we’re really meant to be together, even our moves say so” Prince Ethan tried to flirt. But Princess Sophia was just quieted and focused on the dance.

“Prince Ethan… I would glad if you may excuse me to have some fresh air at the balcony?” she finally said after a few moments.

“Sure, your highness…” he said and let her go.

At the balcony, Princess Sophia was just staring up at the night sky, and inhaled the fresh air of the night… while having so many thoughts inside her mind.

“Princess… I wonder what’s playing in your mind now…” someone asked her, snapped her from her own thought.

The princess turned around to see Prince Ethan was walking towards her. Princess Sophia looked at her now-fiancé face, and gave him a weak smile. “Nothing much… it might be a little shock from our sudden engagement” she explained.

“Oh…” he replied. “Well, it was quite a shock for me too when my dad suddenly said that I would be engaged to a princess from Dusan tonight… which is you, your highness… I tried to refuse since I only 20, wasn’t it too early for me to get married?” he smiled.

“And still, you agreed with this idea” she turned around and looked up to the sky.

“It’s no use to say no…” he paused and leaned his back against the railing, looking at the princess. “And… Princess, it’s just the two of us here, may we drop the honorifics? Sophia… since we’ll be married next week…” he suggested.

She looked at Prince Ethan face for a few moments. “It’s impolite since we just knew each other just an hour ago… but, yeah, sure… as you wish Ethan… however, I’m not ready to marry you yet” she sighed.

“Even a princess can sigh…” he laughed a bit.

“A princess is still a human”

“Sophie…” someone suddenly interrupted their conversation.

She turned around and saw her sister was walking towards her place. “Mia…” she said.

Princess Mia bowed her head a bit as she got near the Prince “I apologize for interrupting your conversation, your highness…” Princess Mia said to Prince Ethan.

“That’s fine… is there a matter, Princess Mia?” he asked curiously.

She smiled. “I was just worried about my sister since this is all unexpe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter