Sixth Page

Wishes and Dreams

I believe that this world is full of things unknown, so I befriended your friend, Park Minseo. I thought that since he was close to you, he'll be the key in giving me important details about you, Jungkook. Aside from that, it also feels good to have someone to share your secrets with. I learned to shut my mouth because of what the Nerds did. Instead of helping you, they'll only worsen your problem by outwardly telling the person who's supposed to not know anything. Just like you and my notebook.

 

I repeat, my friends are hopeless romantics.

 

My first impression of Minseo wasn't good. His style of asking you random questions where you need to answer him although he already knew the answer irritated me. He'll pester you with theories, until you have to agree to him although you don't understand whatever he is talking. He also like to stick to his profile as a mysterious person. He knows almost everything about you, but you know nothing about him.

 

I was doubtful back then- if I'll approach him or not. He already knows too much about me, do I need to add more? But at the same time, Minseo knows a lot about you. I cannot go near Taehyung because he's your original bestfriend and he might betray me over you.

 

The Nerds kept on pushing us towards each other when they knew that I was friends with him. They told me that I was the only girl he has ever acquainted on. They were probably lying, right? I might be a bad person for saying this, but Minseo is not my type. He built up his walls too high, I wonder if one can climb over it.

 

Our friendship happened because of Facebook. It was not me but him who messaged first. We became bestfriends during Christmas of Grade 8. He asked me why I was still on facebook even though I was supposed to be with my family. I told him I don't like facing crowds that much. He said we felt the same. Talking to him feels natural, although most of it was done over the Internet. We both like chess, the universe, science, physics and anything unordinary. We traded links about the latest CreepyPasta story or urban legends in Japan.

 

Two months after I acknowledged my blossoming feelings for you, Minseo also knew about it. I never mentioned to him about my crush on you. It was not our kind of talk. That's why I was utterly shocked when he confronted me about not telling him. It was not in my plan to tell him about it. Even the Nerds didn't know about it yet.

 

Maybe Minseo has physic powers?

 

Even though, Minseo promised me that he will help me become close to you again. He thinks of us as a good pair. Half of what I know about you now came from him. He served as my ever willing spy.

 

Things I learned about you thru Minseo:

 

1. Your type of girls are the pretty ones with a warm heart and is smart. Minseo said that you were a fool for not noticing that what you were looking for was right in front of you. Aka me.

 

2. You told the Boys that for you, I am a graceful dancer. Eversince I knew about this comment of yours, I danced even better. Maybe I was convincing myself back then that what you said about me was real and that I really am one.

 

3. You never had any girlfriend because: a.) Your crush doesn't like you too. b.) You simply lose the will to pursue a girl. c.) You said you haven't found your ideal girl yet.

 

4. You don't care if someone has a crush on you. Minseo asked you why you don't find it too overwhelming whenever a girl gives you cakes or why you don't find it creepy when a girl inwardly asks you to date her. He wondered why you were not like anyone else who becomes so full of themselves after the attention. You made me smile by your answer. You told him you respect those type of girls, saying there's nothing wrong with liking someone. According to you, it was the sole reason why humans have hearts- to love and to let it love. For you, it's better to approach them privately than embarrass them by neglecting them in private.

 

Also, only Minseo knows that I'm good at playing suduko. I can answer a hard puzzle in less than 15 minutes. I can beat your record of 17 minutes. It was me who was supposed to be your partner in the National Suduko Tournament during our Grade 11 but I backed out. I even made the coach cry when she knew about me withdrawing in the contest.

 

I didn't want to play the game because you were my partner. People would only gossip about me again. They'll say I was showing off to you and that I was too desperate for your attention. I'm not that shallow. I'm already contented with just looking at you from afar.

 

Sadly, people only believe what they want to believe.