Nightmares

The Five Dynasties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

AREUM POV

A man, whose face is blurred, stands tall before me. Although his face is blurred he gives off a familiar aura. Dressed in a dark red leather tunic and darker red loose pants. We stand on a grass-covered cliff, a forest behind the man in front of me. The moon casts it’s light on us.

“Daiyu” He says that name with love. Who’s Daiyu? Am I Daiyu? Reaching out a warm rough hand to cup my face.

“Zian” The strange name escapes my mouth. I assume the man in front of me is Zian. His perfectly curled blonde hair blows in the wind. Purple strands of hair fall in my face. Why is my hair purple? Better question, why am I with a guy? How do I know his name?

“Remember my Daiyu,” He speaks in a strange language, what’s even stranger is I understand it. Again he calls me that strange name.

“I love you” What? He loves me?

“I love you too, Zian.” I speak in the same foreign language as him but it feels familiar on my tongue. Like I am fluent in this unknown language. His clothes change, fading into a similar black version of the other outfit. The time of day changes too, brightening as the sun rises high in the sky.

“I have to show you something. Follow me” He smiles, or I think he does. It’s like I can see his face but I can’t at the same time. I know he’s smiling even though I can’t see his face. He takes my hand gently sending waves of warmth and comfort through me. I interlock my fingers with him, well not really me I have no control over my body. He leads me into the forest. Our walk turns into a jog, I have to jog slightly faster due to the Zian’s long legs. He starts to slow down and I hear water running. He crouches down hiding behind a rock, I follow.

“Look” I peer over the rock. What I see takes my breath away. Wolves, white and black, play in and out of the clear water. They are bigger than the normal wolves and they’re eyes shine bright hues of green and blue.

“They’re so pretty” I awe, still speaking the same strange language.

“Almost as pretty as you~” Zian chimes. My lips curve upward as I glance over at him.

“Aye, so cheesy” He laughs ruffling my hair affectionately. “You know you like it” He raises a brow, a smirk pulling at his lips.

“Let’s go, before they see us,” he whispers squeezing my hand. Together we run as quietly as we can. As we run the trees start to die and the ground becomes barren. Catching glimpses of my clothes I realize I am wearing a *hanbok, and a fancy one at that.

“Zian! We can’t be here” I pant sweat dripping down my back. I glance behind me the forest is no longer there. Replaced by scorched ground scattered with cracks. Red stuff, I do not want to know what it is but I have pretty good idea what it is. The air becomes dry and hot. As we pass I see small spiked lizards dart behind rocks or *shudder * skulls.

“Zian! Stop!” I turn back to face the blond man to see a different person holding my hand. My heart plummets.

“Who are you?” I ask cautiously, pulling back trying to stop the man that isn’t Zian.

“Aw I’m hurt princess. You don’t remember your own brother?” The man comes to halt as well, keeping his steel strong grip on me. He turns around and I have to stop myself from screaming. I don’t see Lay or Jaehyun or V or Jungkook or Bobby. But a man with bug like eyes and long nose grips my wrist tightly. He oddly reminds me of an elf or fairy, though not the good kind you see in fairytales. I jerk my arm back fiercely but it barely seems to faze him.

“C’mon sis don’t be like that.” He pulls me to him.

“What would Daddy say?” The bug eyed man whispers in my ear. It makes me shudder in a bad way. Fear running through my veins. I want to struggle and scream but I don’t-I can’t. Instead I lower my head to hide the tears threatening to spill.

“That’s better.” The man drags me with him, along dead

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter