The Girl From His Dreams

The Five Dynasties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chanyeol POV

 

“Zian”

 

The name echoedacross the black room.

Where am I?

 

“Zian”

 

The clear female voice called out again. A door stood at the end of this dark room, the only light in this dark land peeking through its edges. Naturally I ran towards it.

 

“Where are you?”

 

The same female voice asked speaking in a complex, weird sounding language, that came from the door.

 

“I’m here, I’m here” I too speak the strange language. I approached the door, fast, the sound of running water comes from it. I pulled it open harshly, breathing heavily. 
A tall woman, waist long fading purple hair danced behind her, her face was blurry. But I know it was beautiful, prettier than everyone I have ever seen. So beautiful my heart stopped right then and there. Her skin was pale, her boney hands peeking out from the sleeves of her white and blue hanbok, silver cloth lined the edges of it and wrapped itself around her small waist. 

 

“There you are” She swiftly made her way across the grassy ground to me. We stood on a clearing, a cliff to one side and a thick forest to the other side. She stopped, her head tilted up to look me in the eye. She was tall but small compared to me. Her nose just reached my shoulders. She s her skinny arms around my waist and nuzzled her head into my collarbone. My body moved on its own, my arms wrapped around her small shoulders and I snuggled my face in her neck, breathing her in.

 

She smells good, like lavender and vanilla.

 

“I missed you”

She whispered in a soothing voice that was muffled in my chest. My lips pecked her neck, not sensually but sweetly.

 

“I missed you too”

We stood there, in each other’s arms and swayed side to side. The girl pulled back first, a familiar leather string around her neck.

 

“You gave me this, remember? When you promised to protect me?”

 

The girl smiled at me, her eyes brightened. I know, I know, I can’t see her face but I know she smiled. And it made my heart flutter.

 

“Of course, I remember.”

“Then why were you looking at it weird?”

“Cause it looks amazing on you, you wear it better than me.”

 

Seriously? Did I really just say something that cheesy?
I expected the girl to hit me; she laughed instead a blush heating her cheeks.

 

“You jealous?”

“Yes”

 

I leaned in, not in control of my body, and captured her lips.
Again, I expected the girl to slap me, and again she defied my expectations. She kissed me back, even smiled into the kiss. It was sweet and full emotions, so strong it overwhelmed me.
This time I pulled away first, tasting tears. The girl I just kissed had tears running down her face. Her clothes changed into a dark blue and silver, and instead of a dress she wears similar style of clothing as me.

 

“Zian, my people don’t have much time and neither do I.”

 

The world around us begun to fade. She too begun to fade.

 

Wait! What do you mean, your people don't have time? Why don't you have any time?

I mentally screamed. I wanted to reach out for the girl but my arms didn’t move. 

 

Dead, scorched trees spotted the cracked ground. Ruins, crumbled and covered in soot, create shadows, making this place look eerier. The sky that was once blue and cloudless is covered by clouds the color of charcoal, no sun in sight. An army, clad in dark red and black, marched down a worn path cheering loudly.

They must have won.

Their pierced and dirty faces smiled, usually smiling makes one look prettier, but not this army. Their smiles made tthem ugly. They reveal missing teeth, the teeth remaining were stained black paired with rotted gums. Spit flied from their cries of victory.

   Three thrones, carried by burly men, move above the raging crowd. The biggest throne moved a couple meters in front of the other two smaller ones. A man, with cold, unforgiving red eyes that stand out against his black leather clothes and hair, sat in the biggest throne a spikey metal crown sat shining on his head. His eyes glowed a dark shade of red, he smirked, a smirk that defines evil. Scars lined his cheekbones they made his eyes look sharper and all the more terrifying. He sat proudly on a throne of bones, the scorched bones of his enemies. A girl and boy sat on the throes behind him. Their skin was pale too. Thorn crowns graced their black hair. The boy had a long nose, bug eyes, irises the color of blood burn with smug confidence, and prominent cheekbones. His shoulders were broad, his posture perfect. The girl had long straight black hair. She looked just like…

 

Yejin.

 

From her mouse-like upper lip and small nose, to her cold unforgiving eyes. She's Yejin. I started to move along with the army, staying by its edges. I do not cheer, for I have not won. I kept my eyes locked on Yejin, I have a bad feeling, a very bad feeling. I feel like something bad is going to happen, something tragic. The army spreads, creating a wide-open circle in the middle, resembling those who crowd a fight ring. A stage, wide enough for four people to stand on, is in the middle of the circle. The burly men holding the thrones place it down, the three that sat upon the thrones of death stand tall on the stage. The man, I guess is this army's king, raises a hand and like magic the army of beast-like people fall silent.

 

“ TODAY, THE FREE HAVE FALLEN! TODAY, WE HAVE WON! TODAY, WE KILL THE LAST NUSHEN!”

 

I don’t like the sound of ‘the free have fallen’ or the fact they will kill the last Nushen, whatever that is. 
The army seemed to think otherwise. They shooted their fists into the dark sky and cheer as if this man has just saved them all. 

 

“NUSHEN! NUSHEN!" Thy shouted. The king’s lips curve into a wicked smile, bearing his pointed white teeth.

 

“BRING IT OUT!”

 

Fortunately, I am tall so when I tiptoed I had a pretty clear view. Unfortunately, what I saw makes my blood boil and heart drop.

The girl who I was holding in my arms moments ago was dragged by her hair out into the circle, a slender woman, with a scar running down her face, piercings marked up the rest of her head, and bright red dreads. 

  The girl I was holding looked so different, so beaten. Blood streamed from wounds on her sickly hollow face. More blood dirtied her beautiful intricate purple and gold hanbok. Her once silky smooth hair frames her face, blood dried in it. The scarred woman ripped the jeogori (The top part of the hanbok) off her frail body. Bruises and cuts spotted her body, my heart ached at the sight of her. 

The king curled his fingers up, a ring of fire erupted surrounding the girl. Frantically, I pushed my way through the crowd, coming to a halt at the front. She locked eyes with me; to my surprise there were no tears in her eyes. 

 

“TODAY THE LAST OF THE FREE FALL!”

 

The flames spread toward the girl like hands clawing for air. The flames burned her silk clothes instantly, moving up like a wildfire. Still, she kept her eyes on me.

 

“REVENGE FOR THE FALLEN!” The crowd yelled over and over again. 

 

‘It’s okay, I love you’

 

She mouthed as the flames swallowed her shoulders. She didn’t scream or show any signs of pain. Only when the flames take her neck does a single silver tear run down her face.

 

“REVENGE FOR THE FALLEN”

 

Tears streamed down my face, this can’t be real, she can’t be dead.

 

No.

 

She is alive.

 

She has to be.

 

My eyes shut by themselves, no longer wanting to look at her burning body.

 

“I’m sorry, Zian.” Yejin voices cracked, more emotion in it than I have ever heard. My eyes flashed open to see Yejin standing on the edge of a cliff, the same cliff the girl, whose name I don’t know, and I met. 

 

“I am so sorry, Zian.”

 

She reached up and carefully took the thorn crown from her head. Her hair blowed in the wind. She tossed the crown off the cliff. Tears flowed down her cheeks. 
She never cries, she’s the ice queen. The prettiest girl in the school who never cries, never shows any emotion. But here she is with tears on her face.

 

“Stop, Yinying. Please, don’t.”

“No. I killed her; I killed the girl you love. I killed your true love.”

“No, you didn’t, your father did.”

“I turned her in because...because I was jealous. I want you to be mine and she stood in the way. I didn't know that...that you only had eyes for......her”

 

I froze.

 

If Yejin-Yinying, turned in that girl, my supposed true love, then she is the reason she burned. Yejin is the reason she died. 

 

“Zian, I am sorry, for all the pain I have caused you.” 

 

Yejin raised her arms, wide, leaning back. She fell off the cliff. I stood ther and made no attempt to save her.

 

“Chanyeol, you need to wake up.”

 

I jerk awake at the sound of Areum's voice. Itsounds a lot like the girl in my dream's voice. I searched the room for something-someone, the girl from my dreams.

 

“Shhh…Shhh I am here”

 

Areum’s soothing voice comfort me as she wrapped her arms around my shoulders, holding me close. It is then I realize I was crying, no, sobbing, hysterically. Every breath I took became shorter and shorter. My hands and shoulders shook and sweat rolled down my back and face alike. 

 

“It’s oka

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter