Never Again Will They Rise

The Five Dynasties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A tremor ran down the wall of water, in time with the trembling in my fingers. Chanyeol jerked back, tripping over himself. Breathing became hard and I began to wheeze. Students scramble away from the wall that ran across the entire practice room. The wall reached the high ceiling and the floor. Where the water came from is beyond me but I guess there’s some system hidden in the walls that makes water accessible or it came from one of the pits in the middle of the practice room. A couple students even screamed. Why? Probably because they are a bunch of drama queens. Even Hee Chul moved away from the water as quickly as he could. The class is split in half, Hee Chul on my side.

“I thought she couldn’t use her powers?”

A scorch student remarks loudly. I can’t help but roll my eyes, thank you captain obvious.

“Areum. Are you doing this?” Hee Chul cautiously takes a step in my direction. I shrug, releasing a shaky breath, still finding it hard to breathe. Honestly I know I’m making it but controlling? I am not sure. I felt like the wall is part if me but a part I can’t control.

“Can you stop it?” I shake my head. When I said I don’t know how to use my powers I meant it. Plus, I don’t even think I am controlling her. I am completely clueless on how to bring this giant wall.

“Well…Suho can you help her?” Suho nodded and hopped into the ring. My arms, that is still raised, lower. The wall begins to crash down, collapsing over itself. More students scream and run away.

“Put them back up!” Suho harshly pushes my arms back up.

“HOW IS THE FREAKING HUMAN DOING THAT!?”

My head whips back, a scowl that could kill on my face. Ripping my arms out of Suho’s grip I let them drop. In a matter of seconds the water wall crashed down. Looking just like a tidal wave it soaked everyone in the room before trickling away from where it came.

“FREAK! HUMAN!“ A black haired guy with tightly curled hair and tan skin shouts, soaked to the bone. Chanyeol is on the raging guy in seconds. Chanyeol glowered the poor guy down, reminding me strongly of an alpha wolf staring down those who try and take its place. His eyes turned dark, the opposite of his usual big bright amber eyes. Chanyeol’s lips move but I doubt anyone can hear, well with the exception of the terrified guy he is probably threatening. The guy that screamed bowed 90 degrees at Chanyeol then me. The poor guy hastily steps back, tripping over someone. These royals are all talk. It’s kind of annoying, they boast and act like they got all that but when it comes down to it, it’s all talk.

“Okay let me think about this for a second.”

Hee Chul explained, in a new set of clothes. The rest of the class has moved to the only other high class. High class really is just the strong students. There are only two high classes, and each filled with 40-50 kids.

“From what vibe here says…what Tao says vibe says.” Hee Chul stops talking, rubbing the bridge of his nose. Vibe aka Luhan, a soul kid with dark purple tipped black hair, he’s mute Tao and him do this cool signaling thing with their hands. Luhan’s power is sensing people’s age, species, power, dynasty, height, everything. Tao and Luhan are busy making aggressive hand motions.

“Um…Luhan said he can’t sense her power. But he said powers coming from that.” Tao points at my arm, the arm with the bracelet my eomma gave me.

“This? It’s just a bracelet?” I hold my wrist out, showing them the simple bracelet. Luhan shook his head signaling something.

“He says it’s giving off the same vibe as a water dynasty. Do you know what stone it is?” Tao asks still moving his hands in strange motions.

“It’s moonstone, why?” My eyebrows knot together. All three of their confused faces relax, like they understood know.

“Oh right, you’re a Zhang. I never thought moonstone actually did anything, I thought it was all a legend.”

This just makes me more confused. What does being a Zhang have to do with moonstone?

“Ah you don’t know. There’s a tale that moonstone is a stone that was blessed by one of the most powerful water dynasty rulers of all time, Zhang Yishi. Since he blessed it people said it protects his descendants.” Tao explained crossing his arms making the veins running along his arms pop. A sigh leaves my lips.

Why can’t I just be a normal kid who doesn’t always draw attention all the time?

“Go join the rest of the class. You two stay.” Hee Chul sighs, pointing to Tao and Luhan.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter