The Runaway Girl's Doubts

The Five Dynasties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N  Heads up, the end of the chapter gets kind of dark

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Never again would they rise.

A shudder runs down my spine, making me pull the warm white covers of my queen sized bed and snuggle into my fluffy sky blue pillow.

The same feeling I felt after she said those five words that caused most students to cheer, even my siblings cheered. Thankfully, Chanyeol, Kai, and D.O stayed silent and didn’t show any sign of joy like so many other royal students did. 
Although it has been a week since, it still plagues my mind.

Do royals hate humans this much?
Do they intend on killing them off?
What are the royals planning?

I want-no need to know. 

The look in Min’s eyes when she said those five deadly words was creepy a week ago. She looked like she knew something, something bad was or is going to happen to humans and she was fine-, no glad it going to happen. 

Maybe Adela is right about royals or at least, some royals. Maybe I shouldn’t have been so accepting of the royal world. 
Maybe I shouldn’t have been so trusting of my royal family so quickly. 

Will they let me go back to my human family? Will they ever let me visit them? Do they actually like humans or are they just like Min? I can’t look at Lay or the twins the same. 
Whenever I do, I see them treating my human family as dirt. 

Are they my actual family? 
The thought made me freeze. Are they? I mean ,it is kind of weird that after 17 years they come looking for their daughter. And I look nothing like them, I have no idea how Bobby saw any resemblance. Well, from far away we look similar but Kai said D.O and I look alike when he stood far away. But up close I look nothing like D.O or Lay. Another thing that’s weird is how they knew I was their long-lost daughter.
I mean, if they have never seen me or only seen me as a newborn how would they know it’s me?
You can’t tell what I was going to look like at age 17 if you have only seen me as a newborn. It just doesn’t make any sense. Also why didn’t they look for me? 
If I really was their daughter they would’ve searched all 17 years of my life right? A real family would have searched for 17 years, not a couple days. And how did they know I was living with the humans? The thought that I might be living with humans never would have crossed their minds. Now that I think about it... it’s hard to believe what they told me. It’s all so strange.

I never should have said I wanted to stay with them. 

I never should have accepted them.

"How could you accept them so easily?"
Jungkook, out of all my human brothers ,he hated royals the most, sneers in my head. 

“I don’t know…I don’t know, Kookie”,
I whisper as tears trickle down my face, wetting the pillow I am hugging. I know now that I accepted this new family and life way too quickly.

"How come you never think about us?"

This time V’s voice rings through my mind. I haven’t thought about my human family as much as any normal person would. I haven’t missed them as much as any normal person would. Auntie, Jungkook, V, and Bobby should have been on my mind all the time but they weren’t. 

"You couldn’t even wait a week before tossing us away?"
Bobby glowers at me, his scowl imprinted on the inside of my eyelids. Never has Bobby ever been mean to me. Sure he has scolded me but his eyes were always caring. Bobby has never scowled at me, ever.

"Just wait until the upper s betray you. Just wait."

Adela sneers her hair up in her signature high ponytail, not a hair out of place. Adela glares at me though her perfect lashes. My hair is now perfect like hers. I wonder if she’ll still like me now I wear expensive clothes and have nice hair.


"I took you in, raised you and this is how you repay me? By leaving the family that raised you and protected you? I should have left you in the forest."

Auntie scowls down at me. I have only seen Auntie this mad once before. That was when she saw a shop owner beat Bobby and me down for trying to steal bread for our family. Tears flow freely down my face as I pull my pillow closer. 
“Sorry, I’m so sorry. I should’ve come back. I should’ve run away.”

Runaway.

That’s what I should do. What about eomma, Lay, and the twins? They’ll be fine. I will only be gone for a couple days. It’s not like they’ll come to the lower part.

It doesn’t take long for me to pack my things; some clothes for me and some more conservative clothes for Auntie. I took some of Lay’s clothes for V, Bobby, and Jungkook. I didn’t steal them as they are his; left out his room because he didn’t fit or didn’t wear them. He wouldn’t miss them. I pack a couple books, for V, some notebooks, sketchbooks, and other art supplies Jungkook or Bobby could use. Both boys like to draw. It’s partly why I draw so much now. Drawing is one of the few things that still connect me to Jungkook and Bobby and everyone back home. Drawing reminds of me of my human family. If I stop drawing I’ll lose that.


I leave a note on Eomma’s door explaining where I am and that I’ll be back in a couple days. I didn’t tell them where I'm going since they’ll figure that out in no time. 

The cool breeze of the night hits me the second I step outside. Tall sil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter