Areum's Life Now

The Five Dynasties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(A WEEK LATER)

"Areum are you up?" My mother's voice chirps from outside my door. I am happy to finally have a mother but it’s strange too. It would take me awhile to get used to.

"Yes!" I reply and stare at myself in the mirror. My hair is long ending just below my waist it has black and had dark drown highlights. It’s curly now. I had no idea that it was naturally curly. I guess now that I’ve had a couple showers and had Jaeyoung put this gooey stuff in my hair it became healthy. Now I have hair like Dahee and glam.

"Alright come downstairs when you're ready" My mothers hair was the same, except hers was dark blue, it looked pretty on her and it brought out her ice blue eyes. I wanted eyes like that but apparently genes didn't like her very much. It’s was kind of weird actually. They said I am a Sea Pureblood yet my hair and eyes are black. I went back to looking at myself. Now don’t jump to the conclusion of me being vain. I haven’t had a real mirror to look in my entire life. I stared at my body. I am extremely thin. You could see all my ribs and my stomach caved in. There is a gap between my thighs. My arms are like twigs my wrist bones jutted out along with my ankle. Although I am not as thin as I was before I am nowhere near being the right weight for my height. Lay took me to the doctors and they weighed me, measured me, and did some other tests. I weighed only 40kg, which the doctor said is extremely underweightfor my height. Over the past couple of days I gained a bit of weight especially on my chest. The doctor said that it’s normal for my chest to grow bigger. He said that the way I looked before, I was extremely flat chested, was stranger looking than I do now. He said that because I am being fed properly things might start to change body-wise. I am wearing black shorts and her favorite plain white sweater. My room is huge and has a walk-in closet. To pass time when Lay, Jaehyun, and Jaeyoung were at school I tried on a lot of clothes that were in my closet. The sweater I am wearing right now is one of my favorite pieces of clothing. I am decent enough to be seen, my face isn't puffy or gaunt. It actually gained color it’s neverhad before. I skip down the stairs following the heavenly smell coming from the kitchen.

"That was quick!" My Eomma grins and gives me a quick hug and peck on the cheek.

"Everybody else takes forever!" I laugh along with my mom it’s nice to talk to someone freely like this. Even though I had only met her a week ago we were already close and comfortable around one another. She understands the fact that I will always be close to Bobby, V, Jungkook, and Auntie, all of them understand.

"Are you excited for your first day?" I smile sheepishly and nod slightly frankly. Honestly I am nervous and terrified about going to an all-royal school.

"Nervous too right?" I nod again and my mother pats my head softly. It comforts me and makes me feel all warm and tingly inside.

"YAH YOU IDIOT GET BACK HERE!"

I turned around to see Jaeyoung chasing Jae Hyun, her older siblings. They bickered non-stop, it’s actually really funny and cute when they bicker. "You two stop!" They froze and give eomma a cheeky smile.

"Sorry!" They apologize in unison.

"Oh Areum you're up! It's your first day of school lil sis!" Jae Hyun hug me tightly, even though he is older he acts like he’s the younger one.

" I'll give you a tour" Jaeyoung bounces over to my right and clings onto my arm beaming up at me.

"No I'm giving her a tour!" Jae Hyun argues and the two start bickering.

"Okay okay you can both give me a tour! Together" I shout over their escalating voices.

"Leave Areum alone you two you'll give her a head ache before she even gets to school" Lay, my other older brother, chided wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter