I am No Royal

The Five Dynasties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I shuffled toward the little shack I called home.

It’s grown over the years, it is about the size of a cottage but not nearly as nice as one. The roof caved and the paint on the walls peeled. The wooden floors and stairs have long been rotten, mold attacked most of the furniture. 5 of us lived here; only one of us above the age of 20, Auntie, who was in her 60’s. The rest of us Jungkook, V, Bobby, and I, still had to go to school. The four of us went to school and worked as maids/butlers for one of the richest families in the lower part of Ametria afterschool. At school and even at work I am treated like a freak or a virus. Only the four other people that live in this house treat me like a human. “Areum you’re back already? School doesn’t finish for another hour.” Auntie called out from her rocking chair on the rotting porch, knitting a pair of socks for one of us. By the looks of it the socks are mine since I have the smallest feet out of all of us. I couldn’t tell her that I came home early because my entire torso was bruised and bloody. But somehow she knew. Auntie glanced down at my stomach with a knot between her eyebrows.

“You have a guest. Go, she’s inside.” I knew who it was. Bowing to Auntie I rush inside. Adela, my only and closest friend, stood there staring at the moldy couch with her face scrunched up. Her long auburn hair tied up in a high ponytail. She wore a black leather jacket with a black top underneath and black pants. And black army pants, she looked badass. 

"You seriously need to do some redecorating.” I laughed at her absolute disgust. Our living conditions left something to be desired.

“It grows on you, literally” We both laughed lightly.

“I heard a high up royal family found their long lost kid. Upper s are coming to take her away today.” I choked on my spit. Royals are coming here to the human side? That never happens apart from the annual parade.

“WHAT!”

Adela nodded grimly, she hates Royals. Adela glanced at the five chairs before sighing and shaking her head.

“Let’s go eat.”

A smile cracked across my face. “You’re buying!”

I skipped out the house before she could argue.

“Auntie I’m going out I’ll be back by sundown!”

 

 

 

“What should we eat?” Adela grinned as we made our way past the rich neighborhood and into the school neighborhood.

“Mmmmm PIZZA!” Pizza was Bobby, Jungkook, Adela's and my favorite food, well sort of. Sushi was better but Areum hates sushi, so pizza was my favorite.

“Pizza it is!” Adela cheered. We both pumped our boney hands in the air, garnering looks but I didn’t care.

BUZZ. BUZZ. BU-“Hello?” Adela held up a hand and mouthed ‘I got to take this’ before walking away talking very seriously to whoever was on the other line. A lethal look filled her eyess, but I ignored it. Adela wasn't lethal.

“Areum there you are! I missed you in gym class.” I turned around to see Jungkook, Bobby, and V jogging down the street.

“Ahhh…I didn’t feel like it.” Bobby’s brows twitched downward, he was the only that knew about the bruises. He was there when Dahee and her clique shoved me down the stairs. “Where are you going?” V asked smiling brightly. “Me and Adela are getting pizza wanna join?” Bobby and Jungkook, Kookie for short, jumped and grinned.

“Hell yeah! But do we have to eat with the she-devil?” I couldn’t help but roll my eyes at Bobby. She-devil is their nickname for Adela. “Be nice.” 

-----------------------------------------------

(AT THE PIZZA PLACE)

 

“Pepperoni!”

“Hawaiian!”

“Cheese!”

“No, pepperoni!”

“No way Hawaiian man!”

“Yah! I’m the oldest and I want cheese!”

V argued earning groans from the two younger boys.

“I’m paying and I want veggie.” Adela shot them down. I bite back a grin; veggie was my favorite type of pizza.

“Get garlic sauce” 

“And chicken wings!” Jungkook added. “And Cola!” Bobby adds.

“And-“ Adela threw an icy glare back at V shutting him up.

“She-devil” V grumbled crossing his arms and glaring cutely.

“Awwwe is our little V upset?” I leaning closer and giving him a side hug.

 

“Eh look it’s the freak”

I jumped a little and hastily let go of V. I lowered my head and suddenly became very interested in my breaking shoes.

“What did u just call her?” Bobby glared at the three boys. She recognized one of them, Ozar.

“Bobby…” I warned. I don’t want him getting hurt because of me.

“Look at  this. Freak’s got herself a lover boy” Ozar’s lackey’s snicker and it takes everything I have to not punch them. They can insult me, but not my family.

“Go screw yourself” I retorted.

 

“Woah the freak can talk?” Ozar sneered glaring coldly at me.

“Piss off Ozar before I kick your …again” I snapped my head to the side to see Adela standing there with chicken, pizza, and cola and glaring daggers at Ozar and his minions. They back away mumbling to themselves.

“Bastards next time I swear I’ll just-Hwack” Kookie punched air glaring at the backs of the three rich boys. “I’ll kick their rich asses” Kookie and Bobby vowed. V stayed quiet, looking slightly guilty. 

 

"What's wrong-"

“Pizza is here.” Adela placed down the pizza, chicken, sauce, and cola. The three boys stared at the veggie-covered pizza in disgust.

“You guys voluntarily eat veggies-ew” V’s face contorts as he stared at me eating pizza.

“You guys don’t shave your arm pits-ew” I laugh at Adela’s retort and V’s pout.

 

"I do." Kookie said, raising an arm to reveal a hairless armpit. Adela laughed "What the he-"

 

“Did you see the royals?” A high-pitch female voice said loudly. It was so annoying it could only belong to one girl, Dahee the queen of the school. She was just as cruel as Ozar, if not crueler.

“That guy with the dimples is soooo hot!” Dahee drawled to her minions who giggled.

“I should lie and say I’m his missing sister!” one of her minions tossed her head back and swooshed her long silky hair. I’m jealous of it, it’s so shiny and smooth compared to my dry unruly hair.

“Ew that’s ! Girl I’ll just charm him, I’m his missing sisters new best friend.” A shudder ran down my back, just how manipulative could Dahee be?

“His sister is now a member of GLAM” GLAM is what Dahee and her friends call themselves, it makes them look stupider than they are. Kookie and V exchanged a dark look, again I felt like they knew something I did not. They had been exchanging knowing glances for three years now.

“Two-faced ” I heard Bobby mumble with his mouth full of chicken. Dahee and her friends sat at the booth next to ours, gossiping loudly.

“I heard they’re coming to the school tomorrow” Dahee and her friends squealed making Kookie and I flinch away.

“-Oh yeah I saw the royals” Bobby grinned at us. 

“Actually the guy they’re talking about looks a lot like you. You have the same dimples as him. Maybe you’re his sister?” Bobby laughed, V, Kookie, and Adela joining in. I laughed along with them. Me, a royal? That’s ridiculous! Right?....right? 

 

I stuffed myself with pizza, storing up. Kookie, V, and Bobby doing the same. Adela didn’t have to; she’s rich and gets fed by maids like myself. That’s partially why Bobby, V, and Jungkook hate her. I don’t, she saved my live. It was two years ago. Ozar, Dahee and their friends were beating me up like usual, this time it was worse though. They didn’t stop when blood appeared. Dahee's glam minions watched on and insulted me, cheered Ozar, Dahee and his lackeys on. Ozar dragged me to the pool. He started beating me there and he ended up throwing me in a pool. I can’t swim. That’s when Adela came to the rescue. She dived in and saved me. I owe her my life. After that Adela started defending me from the bullies that attacked me and we became friends. I didn’t hate her because she had money. Hating someone because of their background was stupid. When Adela found out I was from no money she started giving me books. Since then I have been the top of my class, not that anyone noticed. All the teachers called me and my brothers problem children because we occas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter