An Old Love Anew

The Five Dynasties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Here is the long awaited epilogue, sorry I took so long but I had to make sure this chapter was great! And sorry if it isn't, but I hope you all love it  and before you start reading, I want to say thank you to all of my lovely supportive readers. I have grown so much through this story and it means a lot that it got a lot of support from you all. I love you guys! Please enjoy the epilogue!!!! ❤❤

---------------- 
It was a 200 years after the shadow wars had ended, since Exo had been summoned to defeat the god of shadows. It had been one hundred and eighty since the wall dividing upper, and lower Ametria, burned. It had been one hundred and fifty years since schools began to mix both royals and humans. It had been eighty years since the the first human ruled Ametria.

And in a decade, their would be the first marriage between royal and human. And in twelve years the first child that was both human and royal would be born.

It was late december, and the weather was cruel, and the snow continued to pile. Ametria was a country covered in white. The moon peeked through the clouds, glinted of the snowflakes and providing the people below a little respite from the cold days. But the cold, and snow didn’t stop one girl from running through the streets, and sneaking out of windows. 

A girl clad in black pants and an oversized red hoodie propped open the window. Black hair framed her face, cut short and blunt, it ended just past her chin. Slowly, carefully she slid out the window, shivering as the wind hit her, seeping through her skin and down to her bones. Her breath become visible. She stood there for a second, standing on the roof covered in snow, and relished the biting fresh air and the sting of cold. She felt free, even though she knew she was not, she let herself believe it for now.

She slid off the roof, easily jumping off and rolling as she landed. The first time she did this, she had sprained an ankle. But now, after doing it for about a year, she no longer hissed in pain as she landed, or felt fear as she leapt off the roof. Hastily, she dusted off snow and stood, instantly wandering down the familiar streets heading to the place the nannies at the orphanage forbid her to go. She didn’t know why. She didn’t want to have a long enough talk with the nannies to find out why.
    “Ahhh...it’s cold.” Shoving her hands on her pocket, excitement filled her veins, bubbling through her. Once she was a few blocks from the orphanage she took off into a sprint, letting the wind freeze her ears until it hurt and dry out and letting the snow seep through her shoes and jeans. Despite all that, she had a brilliant grin plastered on her face and a spark of joy in her eyes. She ran as fast as her legs would let her, passing stores, her school, passing block after block until she reached the forest.
The Dark Forest.
That was the name the villagers gave it. The forest that steals the light from everything, from your sight, from your soul. They say once you reach a certain point there was no out, the ring of shadows they called it. The nannies in the orphanage told her about a man who had went insane after seeing five of his friends murdered after stepping into the ring of shadows. And apparently he wasn’t the only one who had a similar tale to tell. But his was the last. After he came back running, covered in blood that was not his, screaming about monsters the villagers dec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter