The Thirteenth Pt.1

The Five Dynasties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A counsel member, an older lady with tight skin and unnaturally large eyes, led us off the stage. Everyone was quiet, including myself. Music, harmonizing singing and powerful drums was easily heard over the silence. The only sound was the clack of our fancy shoes. While we walked I replayed the dream many times. Here are my conclusions:

I’m immortal, well actually I get resurrected in the lotus lake wherever that is. Which seems pretty normal compared to the rest. I am a guardian. A guardian is basically a god of the old Ametria, the three nations. Shui was-is my mother (which is super cool. I have an original guardian as a parent.). The 13th force, Loyalty, lays dormant inside me. I am the only Nushen (Nymph). Each force represents something, a trait. The host they choose must have the trait they represent. I am Loyal? I don’t know what drugs the 13th force was on when they chose me. I left my human family, that’s not loyal. Another thing I know now is that the Zhangs were my original family. I should be cold and forget Adela (I agree with this one). I should forget Auntie and the three boys. The 12 creatures I saw represented the 12 forces. The book ‘Legends Of The Three Nations’ is accurate. That girl I saw on the island was a dead me. I can’t explain how I know this but I do. Same with how I know everything I saw and heard was true. The words she spoke in a possessed manner, they were a prophecy. There is supposed to be only 12 EXO but there is a thirteenth, me. In past lives I must have stayed on the human side.

 

There are still a few things I don’t fully understand myself.

 

Who is the ‘her’ in the last line of the prophecy?

Once loyal the 12 will brandish her the greatest weapon of all.

What weapon will they, the 12 forces, brandish?

 “You are the only Nushen, my daughter. You are the one they fear the most. You are the one that can destroy them. You have the power of 12, my dear. You have a strong heart. Don’t forget that. And don’t be afraid of being cold, sometimes to win a war we must forget the past.

What did Shu-Mama mean by “I am the one they fear the most” or “You are the one that cane destroy them? Who is/are they/them?

Also what does she mean by “You have the power of 12”? I have the power of a human. And why do I have to remember I have a strong heart, which first of all I don’t have-

“But you do, child. You have one of the strongest hearts I have ever seen.”

 

Yuki.

I forgot about Yuki.

 

“All you saw child, it all means something. You just have to figure it out.”

I nodded to no one in particular, I had no idea where Yuki was.

 

“What your mother said, you should listen. Sometimes to win, you must be cold and throw away past memories”


I so badly wanted to deny what Yuki and Shui were saying but I had denied too much. They were one hundred percent right. I didn’t have time to be preoccupied with Adela and my old human family. I wouldn’t forget them just yet, but they were no longer my priority.

 

 “Dark times are coming child. It is your job to lead the people through the darkness and to the light. Do the job I can no longer do, protect our people.”

This was definitely a warning. Something bad is going to happen. But I have no idea whom I have to lead. I grew up with humans; I was raised with humans, does that make them my people? I am a royal, I am a member of EXO, who is summoned to protect Ametria, does that mean royals are my people? Is it both?

 

“Hmmm…I am confused too, child.”

 

“If each animal I saw was a force how come I didn’t see you?” I mumbled so quietly I barely understood myself.

 

“The thirteenth force was created when EXO was created. Xingzhi created it to be the center of the 12 forces. She wanted all 12 forces were to be tied to the 13. The animals you saw were indeed the forces in their true physical form. When you became the 13th I became the embodiment of the 13th force because I was…already a mystical being, a spirit of sorts. You already know that the 13th force is loyalty. Wolves, which I was originally, are known for their fierce loyalty. And I was already loyal to you before you were chosen as the thirteenth. The other members…they found the forms of the forces in their own way and were tested by the forces.”

 

There was one last thing that bothered me.

The island and what I heard on it.

 

“Was it a memory?” I asked aloud, speaking to Yuki. My gaze was unfocused and set on the floor.

 

“It was. A recent one, what you saw. Its what happened when you died in your last life. As you were making your way to the other side you stumbled upon an island where an older version of yourself was. What you saw happened then. After she told you the prophecy, she faded into a wisp of black smoke and you found your way back to the other side…eventually.”

How did Yuki know-actually I don’t want to know.

“I tend to not question Xingzhi’s (Nature’s) ways.”

Shui was right. Xingzhi’s ways were complicated and intricate and confusing as hell.

 

“Listen up.” The counsel lady said startling me out of silence. “One of you is…” she stopped, searching for the right words. “is not an EXO member.

My eyes scanned the 12 boys that stood beside me.

…some kid from scorch I don’t know, but damn his cheekbones are nice…Is that Chanyeol? Omo it is Chanyeol! Yay he is in exo with me! ..Some tall giant from Sky…Sehun the jerk-face… soul kid I don’t know…another soul kid I don’t know…Oh  Tao is in Exo too

I looked to my left.

Lay…Kai! Wooo-is that D.O? Woo friends! …Ew is that Suho? Yep that’s Suho. No one else is that arrogant. Wahhh is that a real life steam bun? He’s so adorable! I want to pinch his cheeks! Awww damn it I’m the only girl…Whyyyy

 

“I’m here to explain everything. How, who, why, and what EXO is.”

A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter