Acceptance

The Five Dynasties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Narrators POV (AKA third person)

Chaos followed soon after Areum’s head hit the ground. Students screamed and ran in every direction, giving the royal boy just enough time to take her away without Jungkook being able to interfere. The crowd stopped Jungkook from reaching his sister. By the time the crowd became orderly the royals were already driving away in their fancy car. Bobby and V ran out but they were too late, they could only watch the car drive away.  

Areum woke up a day later. The royals told her what happened told her that her real name is Zhang Areum. They told her, her real brothers are Zhang Yixing /Lay and Zhang Jaehyun. They also told her she has a sister, Zhang Jaeyoung who is Jaehyun’s twin. They told her that her real parents are Zhang Kilin and Zhang Jin. Zhang Jin, Areum’s real father, said Auntie kidnapped her and lied about Areum being found in the forest by a hiker. Areum didn’t know whether to believe him or not. Jaehyun, the boy that grabbed Areum, or his twin, Jaeyoung, came in a few times to give her food and water. The dimpled boy, Lay came in a couple times too. He brought little snacks and sweets, books, a plain black sketchbook, a pencil, and tried talking to her. Areum didn’t talk to them. She didn’t eat the food they gave her or read the books they brought. She only used the sketchbook and pencil to pass time. This went on for 3 days before Kilin, her mother, force fed Areum. On the fourth day Areum’s parents came into her room.

 “We’re sorry for taking you away from your home. But we couldn’t let you stay with the humans. But as a royal with no training you are a danger to everyone around you and your friends.” Areum knew they were right. Bobby got hurt because of her. Jungkook got hurt because of her. V and Auntie got hurt because of her. They’re better off without her. Without her they can afford and eat more.

“You saw what you did in front of your classmates. 8 kids got a concussion and 20 others got minor injuries.” I instantly felt guilty. They want me to feel and guilty and even though I know they’re playing me it works.

“We don’t want you to feel guilty, we aren’t trying to play any tricks. We just want you to see that your powers can cause damage.” Kilin and Jin weren’t lying. They truly wanted to help their long lost daughter.

“If you weren’t a threat to the humans we wouldn’t have forced you to come and stay with us. Now, we are giving you a choice. Will you willingly stay with us? You can visit your friends when you get your powers in control.” Areum debated for a while in her head.

“I’ll stay, I don’t want to hurtanyone else” her voice came out raspy and thin. Her parents smiled brightly at her pulling her into a tight hug. Kilin and Jin went on to explain the ways and culture of the royals.

The royals are separated into 5 dynasties, Sky, Scorch, Terra, Sea, and Soul. People from the Sky dynasty can control air in different ways and have great eyesight and hearing. You can tell someone is Sky dynasty if they have grey or white hair and/or eyes. If someone has both white/grey hair and eyes you know they are a pureblood same thing goes for every other dynasty. The Scorch dynasty has orange, blonde, and red hair/eyes and can control fire and heat. They cannot create a fire. The Terra dynasty controls earth related things, such as dirt, rocks and sometimes plants. Although it is rare Kilin told her that some Terra’s could communicate with animals. The Terra dynasty has brown hair and green and brown eyes. The Sea dynasty can control water or ice and heal others. Sea healers can’t heal themselves. Like Terra there have been a few Sea’s that can communicate with animals of the sea. There have even been people from the sea dynasty that can shape shift. Those with blue, green hair and/or eyes are from the sea dynasty. The soul dynasty is a little more complicated. Soul is by far the most diversely powered dynasty. There are two types of Soul’s physical and spiritual. Physical Soul’s powers vary from super speed, being able to rapidly heal, invulnerability, enhanced senses, the ability to clim

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter