The Thirteenth Pt.2

The Five Dynasties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Areum POV

 

People stared at me in distaste. They ogled at Lay and acted like they knew him for years and were super close. I guess they already chose me as the extra.

 

Guess what? I am the thirteenth! Deal with it.

 

I would shout at them but I’m tired. I’m tired of being judged and labelled. I’m tired of being the center of everyone’s attention, of everyone’s hate. I’m tired of it all.

 

“Faker…she has no powers. Exo is for strong people and royals.”

“That attention seeking !”

“I hope they kick her out. It’s obvious she is a fake.”

 

Not as fake as you.

 

I held tightly onto Lay’s wrist as we walked through the front yard of the school. People stopped and stared at use, watching us in rapt attention. I wish I were deaf so I couldn’t hear the words they spat in envy. But then I wouldn’t be able to hear Chanyeol’s voice and laugh and soft comforts, I wouldn’t be able to hear Lay and his tender questions asked in true concern.

   I spotted Sehun and the other sky man walking a ways behind us. Sehun had his sharp eyes focused on me. That tall bean was glaring at me. It’s okay though, he can stare all he wants, and everyone can hate all they want. It won’t change the fact that I am the thirteenth.

 

  A bony shoulder slammed into mine, knocking me back a few steps. I stared into the eyes of my attacker. It was a boy from sky. He had the same eyes as Sehun, except his were much more colder.

 

“Oops…my bad.” He smirked. That little jerk is just like his brother!

 

A hand gripped my elbow before I could slap that jerk face. “Don’t.” Lay whispered, pulling me ahead with him. Something wasn’t right with Lay he’s too quiet.

 

“Are you okay?”
“I’m fine, just rattled. I didn’t like what I saw last night, and I don’t want to live on an island with people I don’t know.”

“Me neither.”

“You have Kai, D.O, and Chanyeol though. All I have is you.”

“It’ll be okay. I’m sure you’ll get along fine with them. Anyway no one can ignore those dimples of yours~”

 

The dimples appeared as he smiled down at me. The insecurity, dread and loneliness left his eyes. Replaced by genuine joy. He ruffled my hair and smiled ahead of him. I smiled to myself. You made him smile Areum. Good job you cheered him up!

 

 

I spotted a lanky ginger with the face if a baby standing by one of the many benches. A grin plastered itself onto my face as I recognized him. It didn’t last long. His name was on my lips when a lump formed in my throat. A girl was flirting with him. Her hands touching his chest, her body was inches away from his. Chanyeol smiled though his eyes told a different story. It was Yejin.

 

 She did indeed have a nice body. She had a big chest, unlike my own. I glanced down at my own.

Why can’t you grow? Please just a little bit. I stared at the sad pathetic sacks of fat hanging from my chest. I looked like an undeveloped child compared to Yejin. 

“Don’t think like that child. You have a unique beauty this girl can not par with.” A small smile crept onto my face. I glanced up at the bird soaring above us. I mentally thanked Yuki.

 

She was slim. Her figure was that of an hourglass, small waist, big chest, and nice . She had it all. To top it off she had a gorgeous face and blonde hair to match. She wore a dark red velvet top that plunged low. Black shorts, that were extremely short, revealed her long luscious legs. Jaeyoung would kill for her body. Her face was decked in makeup, though I am sure she would look good without it. Her eyes were framed in a y dark smoky eye. Red the same colour as her top painted her lips. Black lace up heels decorated her feet. She was the embodiment of y. I looked and felt like a potato next to her.

She was flirting with him. She was all over him. Chanyeol’s eyes were unfocused, stuck in painful memories. We hadn’t talked much about Yejin. It was a sore spot for him.

“How have you been oppa?” She blinked her long fake lashes at him, smiling. How dare she? She’s already hurt Chanyeol enough. Chanyeol didn’t reply, I was glad he didn’t. He didn’t look longingly at Yejin. Instead his eyes were filled with unquenched sadness. I knew why. Yejin, his first love that broke his heart, comes back after he was chosen as an Exo member.

“Hi Chanyeol!” I spoke louder than normal. I walked past Yejin, confidently, and grinned up at Chanyeol. He was startled but smiled all the same. I saw the relief in his eyes.  

 

"Oh Areum! Hi! Hello Lay." He pushed past Yejin to greet us. Lay was taken aback by his greeting, I don't know why though. Lay said they used to be good friends. Her pretty face turned to one of disgust. She eyed me up and down, a superior smirk coming to rest in her face. 

 

"Chanyeol who's this?" Yejin asked heels clacking against the ground. 

 

"Shall we head to the school now?" He asked ignoring Yejin. Lay grinned at the taller boy. 

 

"We should." Lay answered for me. His dimples grew deep. His eyes shone with happiness. I smiled at the two, trailing silently behind them. The two of them cha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter