A Dream Of Destiny

The Five Dynasties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chanyeol POV

 

"Areum."

She bolted into my arms. Wrapping her thin arms around my neck tightly, she buried her head in my shoulder. Her feet left the ground as I hefted her off the ground gripping her back just as tight. I spun her around and relief ran through me. She was back. She was safe. She was with me. Tears burned my eyes but there was no sadness in them. I stopped spinning and her feet touched the ground lightly. The words I had never gotten to say left my lips and fluttered into her ears.

"Areum, I love you."

Her arms gripped me tighter and I buried my head deeper into her shoulder inhaling her smell. The smell of lavender, the ocean, and trees made me calm, relaxed even.

"I love you...Chanyeol." Her voice was raspy and hoarse, barely audible. I would not have heard her if she didn't whisper it in my ear. It probably hurt her to speak. A lack of water had that affect.

The other members were standing behind them, their own comforted smiles bright. Their mood was elevated at the sight of their beloved friend. My mother and sister watched with warm hearts. I knew would they were thinking. I, who's heart had been wounded badly to the point they feared I would never love again, was standing before them hugging the girl that had healed my wounds. Poetic right?

Slowly, she untangled herself from my arms and I got a good look at her. Grim and dried blood covered a skin, her clothes, a ripped red shirt that was once white, and pants, the leg torn off making them shorts.  She was paler than snow. Bruises and wounds marked her skin. There were burn marks on her collarbones. Unconsciously he frowned, his reaching out to touch. As his fingers came in contact with it she flinched. He jerked his hand back so quickly he stumbled. Surprisingly, her hands lifted to take his own, her eyes telling him she was fine. But he couldn’t help but think, who did this to you?

 

Areum opened to speak but instead a gasp came out. Her skin drained of colour and her eyes rolled back. I jerked out to catch her.

 

“She’s lost too much blood. We need to clean her and fix up her wounds.” Lay ordered, frowning. I carried Areum in my arms, her head resting against my chest. I carried her up to the bathroom that was connected to my room, placing her gently in the bath. Kris and Suho came in carrying towels and a bowl of water. Lay, Kyungsoo, my mother and sister came in after them, expressions concerned. My sister held a pair of scissors in his hands. My mom and sister set to work on fixing Areum. Yoora cut off the cloth sticking to her stomach. It was a sick shade of purple. A gash ran from her ribs, across her stomach, and ended at her hip. Lay motioned for me to leave. I did, silently. The other members were all sitting in my room.  Soberly waiting for the girl bleeding in my bath.

 

-----------------------

Areum POV

 

Chanyeol’s mother came in with some clothes while Yoora helped me stand. Pain radiated from every inch of my body. I fiddled with the end of the towel that covered my body. His mother and sister left, saying something about food.

Carefully I slipped on the shorts I guessed were Yoora’s and the graphic shirt that was a dress on me. I knew immediately that the shirt was Chanyeol’s. Smiling as I pulled on the sweater that was also his I left the bathroom. Her family, the other members, were sitting in a heavy silence that she shattered. Lay stood up when he saw me and immediately pulled me into his embrace. Grinning I hugged him back.

“You are a lot more injured than you seem.” He said as a cool soothing sensation ran through her bones. He was healing her. This is nothing compared to before, she thought but didn’t dare say out loud. Her smile faded at the thought. He stepped back with a small sad smile. “There, that should feel better-“

Sehun pushed Lay aside and hugged me, but instantly flinched back.

“I’m sorry does it hurt?” I pulled the beanpole of a boy into a hug. “It doesn’t matter.”

We ended up in a giant clump, a group hug of sorts. The only reason we separated was the smell wafting into the room, and eruption of rumbles that exited everyone’s stomach. The smell of food made me grin. I began to skip and instantly flinched at the flare up of pain. The others hurried down the stairs, Chanyeol waited. He closed the door, eyes on me.

I cracked a smile at him, eyes crinkling and sparkling like they used to, though the spark had faded. But that was to be expecting. Before I knew it, his nose was brushing against mine and we were b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter