Race For My Heart Pt 2 (Is that a confession?)

All My Idols
Please log in to read the full chapter

I’m sorry I’ve been dead to the internet for a while but here you go my loves! I hope you enjoy! Sorry it’s kind of short!

“I brought chicken!” Namjoon busts in at the right time, quickly breaking the tension.

“Joonie!!” I exclaim, releasing Mark and joining Namjoon off camera. When I am out of ear shot I stare him down with pleading eyes, “I made a scene, please help me.”

He chuckles, “Of course you did, I’ll see what we can do.”

“We?”

“Hey Princess,” Zico appears behind him, he gives me a brief hug and kiss on the top of my head.

“Long time no see Oppa!” I beam at the older man.

“Sorry I’ve been really busy lately, to make up for it, I brought lots of sweets!” Like the rest of my guests Zico comes baring a large bag filled with god knows how much food.

“Yay!” I beam at him.

“Now who are we missing?” Doni hums as he corrals us all back on to the white back drop.

“Sorry, am I last?” Seungcheol is breathing heavy.

“Cheolie! You are last but you are still very much welcomed!” I once again try to rush off to greet the new comer but Doni blocks me while Coni greets the young man and leads him over. A table is placed in the center allowing the boys to put their bags down.

“Everyone please sit down, Charlie and Mark in the thrones, the rest of you get these,” He waves some crew members on, each of them carrying a basic stool that they usually use. We all settle down in our seats, things aren’t too awkward since most of them know and get along with each other. “Alright! With everyone here we can begin!” The two men come forward and begin rummaging around the bags taking note of deliciously made kimbap Mark brought before looking over to Kyungsoo’s bags. As they look through the many boxes of street food my mouth starts to water. They are joking with the idols on my left about their picks.

By the time they are digging through Zico’s bag of sweets and Seungcheol’s bag of foreign foods I’m absolutely starving. While they are laughing about something I quickly lean out of my seat and grab the container of mini kimbap without anyone noticing and begin to stuff my face. At least I thought no one noticed until I hear Zico’s loud laugh through everyone else’s and look the line to find him staring back at me with raised brows. Since they are sat in the order they arrived the three in between him and I notice him looking over and follow his gaze. They all smile at the sight of me staring back at them like a deer in headlights with wide eyes.

“Sorry, I’m just so hungry,” I mumble through my stuffed cheeks. Now everyone’s eyes are on me, crinkling on the sides as they begin to laugh.

“I’m sorry, please feel free to eat whatever you like!” The two men pick up the table and move it closer, allowing me to eat freely. I urge everyone to eat along with me getting Mark to eat only after I shove a cookie from Zico’s bag into his mouth. Everyone is humming happily, stuffing their face while the cameras zoom in and out of our faces. “So Princess,” Doni hums.

I raise a brow, “Yes?”

“Now that we have these five here lets talk about your relationships with them…”

I choke, “Relationships?”

“Yes, you see,” Doni continues as he pulls out some cards, “We picked these boys for a reason, the fans would like to see who you get along with the most.”

“Seriously?

“These boys were the top of your possible relationship list. Kyungsoo is of course on top because you listed him high on your list. The others are people who’s personality would apparently go well with your own. Mark because you are both very playful people. Rap Monster because of his declaration of love during his American award show appearance. Zico and S. Coups because fans seem to think you need a strong person to protect you and these two give off that vibe. So today we are testing this.” Suddenly staff are rolling in a little monitor that you would see in hospitals. “We are going to hook you up to this monitor and have you talk with each boy and see who makes your heart flutter the most.”

“Do I have to?”

“Yes!” Namjoon and Zico respond.

I blanch.

Coni raises a brow, “Is there something, or rather someone, you are worried about?”

“Of course not! Hook me up! Lets do this!” I hold out my arm, Doni comes over and puts the bracelet on my wrist. A moment later the monitor lights up revealing my basic heartbeat at 86. Two large men come up to my chair, pick it up and place me in the center of the room facing all of the boys. Both men disappear as a smaller man brings a stool to sit in front of me.

“Alright! Let us start with Mark since he was here first and the one we’ve seen the least amount of contact with,” Doni gestures for the boy to come forward as he turns the monitor away from everyone’s sight. I take a deep breath as Mark walks up, looking incredibly nervous and adorable, I feel at ease honestly.

I smile at him as he sits, “No need to be nervous. Maybe they should be judging your heartbeat.”

“No teasing him,” Coni scolds, “He is supposed to raise your heartrate.”

Doni comes over with cards in his hand, “Okay Mark, you will have 30 seconds to raise our princess’s heart beat, are you ready?”

The blushing boy nods before Coni places a card between us, blocking Mark’s preparations from my view. I take a few deep breaths, suddenly Coni moves the card and Mark busts out with some the cutest aegyo I’ve ever seen. “Bwing, bwing!”

Embarrassed. He bends in half in attempt to hide his face

Please log in to read the full chapter