Rookie

All My Idols
Please log in to read the full chapter

“No, we are coming with,” Seunghyun pouts at the breakfast table.

“No,” Manager unni corrects, “You all have scheduling until you guys go on.”

“But why do those brats get to spend the day with you?” Seungri whines.

I chuckle, “They are not brats, they are all rookies and they all got the earlier times because the older groups actually have other things to be doing.”

Youngbae leans across the table to get a look at the schedule laying out in front of me, “Who is going to be there today? Should we be worried?”

“I haven’t really met any of the younger groups other than for blackpink. I’ve crossed paths with all of NCT but never talked to any of them. Beyond that I think the rest have been too afraid of you guys to talk to me.”

“Don’t blame us,” Dae pouts.

“It’s not just you,” I sigh, “And I’m not blaming you for anything. I’m just saying that you guys are pretty intimidating. Not to mention when you guys aren’t around it’s EXO, Super Junior, Shinee, BTS, and BAP; older more, popular groups. But since you guys won’t be there until later I guess I’ll have to make so more friends so I have someone to talk to.”

“No more friends,” Jiyong declares, “I already have to share you with so many people.”

I chuckle as I pat the hand of the possessive man, “Don’t worry Oppa, you guys with will always be my main concern and my main oppas.”

They all still pout but there is little they can do. They got me the job so they can constantly watch over me and me deciding my hours were part of the deal. So when I stand up from the table and place a kiss on each their heads all they can do is complain. I grab my bag and my jacket before heading to the door. The stadium where the latest award show is only a few blocks away from the apartment so that saves me from having to argue about not wanting a ride.

I arrive at the back door of the stadium and don’t even have to flash my work ID to get waved in. It’s been so weird actually working backstage, I’m the one who calls people at their time, escorts them to the stage, and keeps the revolving door of idols going. It’s not hard at all since groups are usually over joyed to have me greet them but today it felt different. My coworkers greet me with their usual enthusiasm but the halls feel empty and ghostly with the doors closed or the occupants almost silent.

The head stage manager hands me the paperwork I’ll be needing of who and when things should be going on. I set out in search of Big bang’s dressing room that is somewhere amongst the many halls and doorways. I find it in no time and leave my jacket and purse in there. Wandering down one of the halls I’m distracted by a very active group message between Bambam, Kookie, Yugyeom, and a few others. What are those boys doing up so early? Suddenly I find myself knocking into a wall, well sort of, and next I’m on the ground with an aching .

“I’m sorry,” A deep voice rumbles.

I jump back, surprised that the wall is talking but I look up and see a very tall and very familiar boy. A large hand appears in my face that I quickly accept. He easily lifts me to my feet and absentmindedly begins brushing off any dirt that may be on me.

“Are you okay?” The giant asks me.

“Wooseok-ssi?” I mumble staring at the large eyed maknae.

The giant nods, “Hello.”

“Who did you run into this time? I can’t see over you,” A smaller man grumbles from behind the tall boy. He peeks out and his eyes go wide, “It’s the princess!”

“E Dawn!” I shout gleefully.

“You actually know us?” Wooseok mumbles quietly.

I nod eagerly, “Of course I know you! I love you guys!”

“Really?” They say together.

“Yes! You two are actually my biases along with Yeo one.”

The youngest blushes, “Don’t say that.”

I laugh, “Are you guys getting ready to practice? Where is the rest of your group?”

“No, we were just looking around a bit, we still aren’t completely used to being at these things.”

“I understand, I’m still getting used to actually working at these instead of just messing around, speaking of which,” I glance at my watch. “I need to go find NCT 127, any chance you could direct me to their room? I haven’t gotten used to this lay out yet.”

E Dawn nods, “It’s down the last hall on your right. You’ll probably see the younger ones with their hover boards in the hall.”

“Thank you guys, when we see each other again feel free to call me Noona or Charlie, I’ll respond to either.” I give them a quick bow before scurrying down the hall as the other had instructed. Automatically I find the hall filled with younger boys zooming up and down the hall, how did I not hear this? The boys are so focused on their fun they don’t notice me and I’m so distracted by their cuteness to say anything until I lock eyes with a blond haired boy.

“Princess!” Mark suddenly yells and bows in a 90-degree angle, scaring one of the dream members off their hover board and straight into my arms. Well this is a first, I’m usually the one falling. All the others are now fully aware of my presence and feel the need to greet me like a mob boss by lining up on each side of the hall and bowing together, “Good morning princess,” They shout together.

The one in my arms, the youngest of all of them, is still staring up at me dazed, I forget about the others and begin to worry about the little peanut, “Are you okay?”

He nods, “I’m sorry.” He tries to scramble out of my hold but I don’t let him.

“That doesn’t answer my question,” I say sternly, “are you okay? Did you hurt anything? Do you need to sit down?”

A blush covers his pale cheeks, “I’m okay princess, thank you.”

“Call me Noona,” I smile sweetly at him.

“I’m sorry, we were messing around too much,” Mark stumbles forward to take the boy out of my arms.

I laugh it off as I fix the younger boy’s hair, “You guys looked like you were having fun, why apologize?”

“Chen-ah, move!” Someone calls from behind me. I move too late and find myself knocking into Chen le. I manage to take the younger boy down with me but luckily I’m able to twist us around so I take the brunt of the fall. I can’t have boys getting hurt on my watch, he just got started, he can’t be hurt already. But it would be a lie to say that I’m not mad at myself for turning too hard and twisting my ankle. Not to mention my aching back and skull that hit the tile.

I’m a bit dazed at the moment but I hear Mark panicking along with all the other dream members, “Hyung! Hyungs!” They call frantically as the older boys join just as panicked.

“Is she okay? Someone needs to make sure she’s okay!” Taeyong’s voice comes through the mess of panicked whines.

“You do it Hyung!” Mark whines.

“Princess? Are you okay?” A small voice from above me questions.

“I’m okay,” I grumble out as I grab the back of my head.

“Chan get off her!”

“What is going on here?” A group of tall boys look down the hall. I crank my neck farther back to look up at them from where I still lay on the ground.

“KNK?” I squint to see their faces but it’s pointless since their heights already giveaway their identities.

“Princess Noona?” Their youngest member questions.

I groan, annoyed with myself and the boys around me, “Yes, everyone it is me and I think I hurt something. Can someone give me a hand or something so I can get up?”

“Everybody out of the way,” Someone begins pushing the other boys away before offering me a hand. “I’m sorry about all of this, are you alright?” I discover this familiar sounding voice belongs to Johnny.

I take his hand and thank him as he pulls me to my feet, “I think I hurt my ankle but other than that I don’t feel too bad.”

He holds both of my hands as he takes a step back to look down at my obviously already swelling ankle. He clicks his tongue and surprises me by speaking in English, “I think you sprained it, .” Even though I know he speaks English, it still throws me off to hear it.

“I need to work, this !” I groan back to him in the same language.

Mark comes forward to join the conversation, “Princess, I’m so sorry, What should we do?”

“Were you coming to find us?” Johnny wonders.

I nod, “It’s your guys’ time to practice.”

“Do you have to do anything while we do our run through?”

“I just watch until you are done then you back before going in search for the next group.”

He thinks for a moment before turning around, placing my hands on his very high shoulders as he spins,

Please log in to read the full chapter