Sick Day

All My Idols
Please log in to read the full chapter

“,” I groan as I roll around in my bed trying to find a comfortable position with no luck. The sun is peeking through the curtains making me moan in annoyance. Nausea rushes over me and I find myself scrambling out of bed for the third time since two in the morning into my bathroom to throw up in the toilet. After a minute or two of emptying the little amount of food I had left in my stomach I have no choice but to dry heave for a couple more.

Great, this is absolutely great. When I feel like I’m done, I brush my teeth and shuffle my way back to bed. As soon as I’m down and under the covers my stomach begins to growl and my phone buzzes for the millionth time already this morning. I roll over on to my stomach and check the message, it’s Jiyong:

 

Hey, just checking to see what your plans are for the day. Do you want to get lunch at noon?

 

I debate for a few minutes on whether or not I should tell him that I can’t even imagining eating a meal right now but decide to fib a little instead. I text him:

 

Sorry Oppa, I’m busy all day today, can we have lunch tomorrow?

 

I quickly send out a generic mass text to anyone who had asked to hang out today, telling them something came up and I’ll have to reschedule before turning it off and throw it to the other side of the king sized bed. I’m done with it today, I’m done with everyone.

Sleeping or just laying around didn’t come as easy as I was hoping when I hear a knock at my door an hour later. Not wanting to deal with anyone I burry myself deeper into my bed under my pillows so I wouldn’t be seen if they came in. At that thought, I hear the lock click and the door open. Great.

“Where do you think she went today?” I hear Daesung ask.

“I’m not sure, she didn’t respond when I asked. She hasn’t responded to Seunghyun hyung’s messages either,” Jiyong sighs as he rummages threw my kitchen.

What are they doing here? Not that I have an issue with them coming into my apartment I just want them out right now. I want my apartment to myself , just a day for myself to lay around and be miserably sick. If I tell them they are going to make me go to the hospital and I’m not going there, I know it’s common here but where I’m from, you don’t go to the hospital unless you’re missing a limb.

“Should we wait for her to come back?” Dae suggests.

No!

“I have a few more things to do today, I’ll just leave these left overs from breakfast in the fridge. You can if you want.”

“I’ll head out too then, maybe I’ll check in a little later.”

“Hyung said he is going to bring some more left overs from his lunch, he’s going to her favorite place with some friends.”

Guys, seriously? I’m so thankful for all of you for being so considerate but please get out. I wait until they are gone before crawling out of bed to my closet to find something to wear. I can’t stay here with their constant checking in and who knows who else might stop by if I don’t respond, I don’t need them finding me clinging to my toilet bowl. After twenty minutes of me stuffing a backpack full of snacks, extra clothes, and my computer, I pull on a pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt. Sneaking out seems to be my only option for a peaceful sick day, maybe I can find a nice love motel near by I can hide out in for a night or something.

The idea is much easier to think up than to actually follow threw on when the whole building knows me and will notify my oppas of my comings and goings. So I have to be a creep and wait in the elevator for a big enough group of people to hide behind as I pass threw the lobby hoping and praying no one working notices. As soon as I reach the side walk I’m speed walking down to the left, knowing that some crazy fans wait by the parking garage for my oppas to come home, are most likely the other way. All I need to do is make it to a love hotel, I keep repeating that line in my head to try and calm the anxiety bubbling in my chest. I have been recognized on the street a few times and the idea of it happening now makes my exhausted mentality want to break down and cry.

I find a random hotel and quickly make my way inside, not wanting to spend more time in the cold than I have to. The clerk doesn’t ask any extra questions, only asking for my card, something I’m incredibly thankful for. He sends me up to a room on the 15th floor. I arrive at my room a few minutes later after a quite elevator ride. I step into the space themed room, mesmerized by the dome bed and massive bath tub in the far corner. I throw my stuff on the floor, dig my computer out, flip on some random show on Netflix, and begin filling the bath.

Twenty minutes later I nose deep in a bubble bath with Family Guy going on in the background and bag of Cheetos sitting on the ledge. Now this is a good morning, sick or not it has been awhile since I’ve been this relaxed, not worried about who I should be seeing. I consider turning on my phone for a moment before shaking the idea out of my head, the world can do without me for a day, right?

I’ll turn it on after I take my medicine and take a nap, I te

Please log in to read the full chapter