Chapter 2

You're My Bestfriend

 

"It's Wednesday. What's so important that you can't wait 'til the weekends for me to come to your place?" Sungyeol asked Sungjong when he arrived.

He went directly to his bestfriend's apartment after his café's closing time. Sungjong told him that  something important came up.

 

"I have something to show you!" Sungjong grabbed his iPad and played a video for Sungyeol.

 

 

 

 

"No way!" Sungyeol screeched after watching the video.

 

"Please. I really want to get it." Sungjong begged.

 

"You do it yourself." Sungyeol stated firmly.

 

"They said I need to do it with a friend!" Sungjong whined.

 

"There's no way I'm going to put make-up on my face."

 

"We're not putting on make-up! It's face paint." Sungjong corrected him.

 

"What's the difference?!"

 

"I don't know but they're not the same. Come on Yeollie! It's going to be fun! Besides, it's only a 30-sec video." said Sungjong trying to persuade and assure Sungyeol at the same time.

 

"Why should you embarrass yourself just to 

get those backstage passes?" Sungyeol asked.

 

"It's not embarrassing! If we get those, we will have a privilege to interact with them. You know.. like.. talk to them, take some pictures with the whole group, and maybe get all of the  members' autographs."

 

 

After an hour of whining and begging from Sungjong, Sungyeol unwillingly agreed. To hell with his staff's reaction when they see him in the video.

 

The instruction was for the participants to paint their face and their friend's face with famous cartoon/animated characters and shoot a 30-sec vid dancing to a children's song. The winning vid will receive exclusive backstage passes to Infinite Effect's concert.

 

When Sungyeol agreed, Sungjong brought out the face painting materials he had prepared beforehand, which shows that he already expected a 'yes' from Sungyeol.

 

He chose the Dooly character to paint on Sungyeol's face and Po the panda in Kung Fu Panda for him. He was very focused on applying the face paint not allowing any imperfections to show in the video.

 

When they finished, Sungyeol looked at his face in the mirror.

 

"I don't look like Dooly. I look more like Piccolo!" He complained.

 

"No, you look more like Shrek." Sungjong commented and laughed. He would've continued laughing if Sungyeol didn't stand up from his seat and said "I'm not doing this."

 

"Wait! Okay. Okay. I'm sorry. I'll fix it." said Sungjong as he tried to contain his giggles.

 

 

 

After a couple of takes and Sungjong having repeatedly taught Sungyeol the dance steps to Dooly's song, they finally managed to shoot a few decent ones. Sungjong reviewed each one of the videos carefully to choose the best one for their entry.

 

Sungyeol was already very exhausted when they were done shooting but he managed to get rid of the green paint off of his face.

 

His eyes were already very heavy and he wanted to sleep but he saw Sungjong still concentrating on his laptop with his face paint still on. He remembered how sensitive Sungjong's face can be and he became worried that Sungjong might have some rashes so he told Sungjong to get rid of his make-up first.

 

Sungjong, however, didn't budge even after how many times he told him.

 

Being the caring friend that he is, Sungyeol decided to remove for Sungjong. He grabbed a few wet wipes and started removing the paint on Sungjong's face, while being careful not to block his bestfriend's view of the screen, lest he wanted to get scolded for the rest of the night.

 

Sungjong didn't complain at all. It was like he was used to having a personal assistant who does things like this for him.

 

Sungyeol mumbled "What are you gonna do without me?" and sighed as he continued to wipe his best friend's face.