Chapter 10

You're My Bestfriend

 

When the concert ended, the fans also started to leave the venue. Sungyeol walked first followed by Sungjong. They both carried the paper bags filled with Infinite Effect goods that Sungjong collected and bought earlier. Sungjong also managed to grab a few gold balloons that fell during the encore part for his collection.

 

Sungyeol had asked him why he was collecting trash, to which Sungjong glared at him and told him they weren't trash, they were treasures.

 

When they were near the exit, Sungyeol asked Sungjong if he still wanted to go to the dinner party the group had invited them to, but no one answered him. He thought Sungjong was still mad or something but when he turned around, his bestfriend wasn't there anymore.

 

He looked for Sungjong in every direction. He decided to go back inside and check. He walked against the sea of fans who were hurrying towards the exit to wait for Infinite Effect at the backstage entrance.

 

He knew that there are times when Sungjong gets panic attacks whenever he is left alone in an unfamiliar place, it was also one of the reasons why he decided to go with him here in Busan. Sungjong is already a grown up but Sungyeol still sees the child in Sungjong every once in a while, that's why he is worried when he still couldn't see him after a few minutes of searching.

 

Sure, Sungjong could find his way back to the hotel if ever Sungyeol decides to go back first but he's certain that if he ever does that Sungjong won't talk to him for a long time.

 

He's blaming himself for not holding Sungjong's hand while they were walking that's why he lost him. As weird as it sounds, they really hold hands whenever they walk in a crowded place. That's just how they are. And since Sungyeol was carrying something in his hands, he wasn't able to hold Sungjong's hand.

 

There had been one incident when they were a lot younger when Sungyeol left Sungjong in a playground which they have gone to for the first time, for only a few minutes and when he returned, Sungjong was already crying hysterically. He found him at a corner, hugging his knees, eyes red from crying, he was continously saying that his bestfriend abandoned him.  

Though no similar incident happened for a while now, there is still a possibility.

 

He looked for him again and at last he spotted him. Sungjong was a few meters away from him walking towards the exit. Sungyeol didn't care what anybody thought but when he saw Sungjong, he ran to him and hugged him real tight, leaving the paper bags on the floor.

 

"Woah! Why are you suddenly hugging me?" Sungjong asked.

 

"I though I lost you.." Sungyeol replied truthfully.

 

"What? I thought I told you to wait for me outside because I needed to use the restroom." Sungjong told Sungyeol but didn't make a move to release himself from his best friend's hug.

 

Ok so maybe Sungyeol was the one being hysterical. But how could he have heard what Sungjong told him when they were surrounded by loud fangirls when they were walking a while ago?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What do you mean we can't enter? We're friends with them!" Sungjong tried to reason with the guards. He and Sungyeol were now at the backstage entrance asking to enter the waiting room of the group.

 

Despite Sungyeol's urges that they should just go back to the hotel, Sungjong insisted that he didn't want to back out because he already accepted the offer the members have made themselves (and he also really wanted to eat dinner with them).

 

"That's what all the other fans are saying sir. Some also claimed that they are the members' girlfriends, or even relatives." Explained the guard.

 

"But we're really friends with them! They even said our names in their speeches a while ago." Sungjong explained desperately.

 

"Look. Sir, we have some strict rules here. We are only allowed to let persons with official concert IDs to enter. I'm really sorry but I cannot allow your passage." The guard apologized.

 

Sungjong became dejected. He didn't have any official ID to show the guard. He was even accused of making up reasons just to enter. What's worse is that he was starting to get pushed back by the fans who were trying to get infront. The fans pushed their way until Sungjong found himself at the back. The last set of fans have particularly pushed stronger that Sungjong fell on his and one of his arms on the cement ground.

 

Sungyeol, who was waiting at tha back and guarding their things, saw Sungjong and immediately rushed to his aid.

 

"What happened there?" Sungyeol asked as he helped Sungjong up.

 

"They won't let me in. They told me I'm just like the other fans who were making up stories." Sungjong became teary eyed as he fixed his clothes and saw that he had a little wound on one of his arms.

 

Sungyeol saw his friend's injury and decided not to eat dinner with the Infinite Effect members anymore. He didn't like Sungjong getting hurt because of the pushing and pulling of the fans outside the waiting room of the group.

 

"Were going back to the hotel, Sungjong. We have to treat your wounds." Sungyeol stated firmly.

 

"It's just a scratch Yeollie. I'm totally fine." Sungjong explained.

 

Sungjong wanted to wait 'til most of the fans leave and the group comes out but Sungyeol firmly opposed, saying it's getting late and they're not sure if they were even going to be allowed at the party.

 

Sungjong tried to persuade Sungyeol and was also trying to stall time but his bestfriend was firm and told him that they should go back to the hotel already.

 

Sungjong was sulking beside Sungyeol as they walked. They were slowly leaving behind the venue as well as Sungjong's hope of having dinner with his idols.

 

"I'm going to treat your wounds when we get back to our room. I think I saw a first aid kit in the bathroom when I was taking a bath there." Sungyeol told him.

 

Sungjong didn't respond. He continued walking beside Sungyeol and clutching his arm. He didn't really want to, because Sungyeol was already carrying all of the paper bags himself and he didn't want to be an additional burden, but Sungyeol insisted.

 

When they were about to cross the road, a black van stopped in front of them and opened.

 

"Hey guys! Where are you going?" It was the Infinite Effect's van. Woohyun was the one who greeted them.

 

Sungjong's face immediately lit up upon seeing them.

 

"I thought we were going to eat dinner together?" Dongwoo asked from behind Woohyun's seat.

 

Sungyeol was about to tell them they changed their mind because of an unfortunate experience but he was stopped by an excited Sungjong who immediately climbed inside the van and settled himself between Woohyun and Myungsoo.

 

"Yeollie, why are you still standing there? Come on." Sungjong cheerfully asked Sungyeol who was still outside the van.

 

Sungyeol was still processing how Sungjong could have a complete mood change from sulking to extremely happy and excited within just a few seconds of seeing Infinite Effect when Woohyun smiled and told him, "Sungyeol, come on. Let's eat dinner. We're all hungry here."

 

Sungyeol shook his head and climbed inside the van.

 

---

A/N: Life as a fan is kinda hard, right?