Chapter 9

You're My Bestfriend

 

 

The concert would not start until five in the afternoon but Sungjong insisted on going to the venue at least 3 hours earlier. Sungyeol, who didn't want to wait for long hours outside the venue, was forcefully dragged by Sungjong out of their hotel room.

 

Sungjong explained that he still had to scout for the fansite noonas scattered near the concert venue. They will be giving out the fansite goods that fans had preordered a few weeks before and some freebies for those who will claim their goods earlier. Of course Sungjong had also preordered the goods and he plans on claiming all of his orders before the concert starts. What better way to finish the task than to have extra helping hands, right?

 

"You go to the left side and I'll scout on the right side." Sungjong instructed. "I'm going to search for Sunggyu, Woohyun and Myungsoo's fansites and you're going to search for Dongwoo and Hoya's, ok? Here's the list of their fansites."

 

"Sungjong, I don't want to do this. Please. This is embarrassing." Sungyeol whined at Sungjong while keeping his head low. It was embarrassing enough that he had to go early with Sungjong to the venue, but Sungjong just had to instruct him to search for fansite noonas and and claim the goods from them.

 

Ok, so maybe this was too much for his best friend.

 

Sungjong felt guilty. He decided to gather the fansite goods himself. He told Sungyeol to stay at a café nearby and wait for him there while he gathers the goods. Sungyeol, not wanting Sungjong to change his mind,° immediately agreed.

 

A good thirty minutes later, Sungjong came to the café and brought with him a couple of goods.

 

"That was fast." Sungyeol said when Sungjong sat infront of him. "I thought you were going to take a few hours."

 

"I'm just resting for a while. I still have to take the others." Sungjong explained.

 

After looking at the amount of goods Sungjong had gathered, Sungyeol asked "What do you mean others? Aren't these all of them?!"

 

"These are just from Sunggyu's and Woohyun's fansites." Sungjong answered. "I think it's going to take longer to gather all of Myungsoo's, I've preordered from atleast five fansites, you know."

 

Sungyeol's eyes widened from shock. "What?!"

 

He thought maybe Sungjong was just really being thrifty when he refuses to spend on expensive stuff whenever he goes shopping and that he was saving for something important when he kept on asking for discounts whenever he eats at Sungyeol's café and when he always asks for Sungyeol to treat him whenever they eat outside, but this was actually where all of his savings were going.

 

"Oh please don't get so shocked. I still have some savings left." Sungjong answered, as if he had heard and understood Sungyeol's thoughts from that one word he said.

 

 

Sungjong finished an hour before the line to the entrance had started moving and by that time, he already had a large paper bag in hand full of the fansite goods he gathered. As if that wasn't enough, he also lined for the official goods sold at the venue and if it weren't for Sungyeol who scolded him from buying everything,  he would have actually bought everything as much as his pocket money would permit.

 

 

 

 

When they had entered, some Infinite Effect MVs were being played on the giant screen infront. Fans were singing along to them and were swooning whenever their biases would appear onscreen. The loudest part would be whenever Myungsoo's face would appear even for only a few seconds.

 

Sungjong wasn't any different. He was also singing along and was bobbing his head to the beat of the music. A lot of fans were still coming and soon enough the seats were all filled.

 

"Look at that part! Hoya is so funny there!" Sungjong urged Sungyeol to look at the MV being currently played where Hoya was looking at a lady while drinking, only to spill the drink and make a fool of himself.

 

 

"Oh my God! This was the MV that wasn't released. Myungsoo is the lead in this one!" Sungjong exclaimed when a new MV started playing. It was the MV that was supposed to be released for one of Infinite Effect's songs but was later changed into a different one with Woohyun as the lead.

 

 

"That was amazing! I wish I could have a copy of that." Sungjong said after the MV ended.

 

"I'm sure you will." Sungyeol murmured. He was pretty sure Sungjong would have his hands on a copy of that MV even if it's unreleased.

 

When that MV finished, the lights dimmed and the whole venue was filled with excited cheers because it signaled the start of the show.

 

When the concert started, Sungjong screamed so loud along with the other fans making Sungyeol cover his ears, afraid that he might turn deaf because of all the screaming around him.

 

"Are you okay?!" Sungyeol asked when he looked at Sungjong saw him crying.

 

"I'm just too happy!" Sungjong was laughing and crying at the same time.

 

 

Sungyeol was having a live a commentary of the concert courtesy of Sungjong as Sungjong was more than happy to inform him of the titles of the songs and describe what the members were currently doing as if he can't see it live for himself.

 

During the dance parts, Sungyeol was impressed with the synchronicity of the members. They danced almost perfectly and they were really serious while they were performing as if they weren't the members that joked and played games with him and Sungjong just yesterday. Performing was their passion. It was what they loved doing and they especially love doing it for their fans. Sungyeol could not deny that they were all very talented, more talented than what he gave them credit for.

 

Sungjong sang along with all the songs, even the rap parts. He even managed to shout the fanchants while singing. How he was able to do all those, was beyond Sungyeol. Sungjong also cried during the ballad ones. Sungyeol had to give his handkerchief at some point to Sungjong because Sungjong's was already so wet from his previous crying.

 

The subunit/solo stages weren't short of the members' power performance. Infinite V's (composed of Sunggyu and Woohyun) stage, in which the two have showcased their best set of vocal range, was a hair-raising musical experience. Infinite H's (composed of Dongwoo and Hoya) stage, in which the two sang their lates hip hop songs and danced in a very manly y way, had definitely set the roof on fire (not literally, according to Dongwoo) and Myungsoo's solo stage, in which he brough a large stuffed bear and serenaded the fans sincerely, made everyone's hearts melt (though Myungsoo brought back the bear with him backstage and did not give it to anyone).

 

There was a particular song where the members were all over the stage, each of them carrying a basket with red roses and they were giving the flowers one by one to fans while singing.

 

During the middle part of the song, Myungsoo went towards the part of the stage in front of where Sungjong and Sungyeol sat. He took three of the red flowers and gave them to Sungjong. He winked and smiled at him then he left and went to back the center of the stage as they sang the chorus, as if nothing happened.

 

Sungjong was surprised. His initial shocked expression turned into a shy smile with his cheeks turning pink. He couldn't concentrate for the other parts of the concert after that.

 

 

During their ending speeches, they thanked everyone who made the concert possible, most especially their supportive fans.

 

"...thank you. I hope you enjoyed our show and we will show you better performances next time. Please continue to support and love us. Take care everyone." Sunggyu, the leader, was the first to speak.

"...thank you all for coming today. We hope to come back here in Busan soon. We have met some wonderful people here and we hope to become friends even after this. I hope you all had fun and enjoyed our show. I love you all." said Dongwoo in his speech.

"...I would also like to thank some people, Sungjong and Sungyeol, who became our friends here in Busan. Thanks to you guys, we had so much fun. To our beloved fans, I love you all. I hope you all come home safely. See you next time!" Woohyun said and made some heart signs to the fans.

"...we'll work hard and give you more awesome songs next time. As long as you still want us to perform, we will continue to improve ourselves and bring you amazing music. Take care when you get home!" Hoya said in his speech.

During Myungsoo's speech he said, "..thank you everyone for welcoming us here in Busan. This is probably the most memorable place for me out of all the places we've visited so far because, I found my happiness here in Busan. I am really very happy right now. Let's see each other in our dreams. Good night everyone." When Myungsoo said the last part, he was particularly looking at Sungjong. It had probably gone unnoticed by the other fans but it wasn't the case for Sungjong and Sungyeol. 

 

The group performed their encore song and bowed to everyone. Confetti and gold balloons started falling from the ceiling.

 

When the concert ended, people started to leave the venue. Sungyeol also started to walk with Sungjong following behind him.

 

When they were near the exit, Sungyeol looked behind him to ask Sungjong if he still wanted to go to the dinner the Infinite Effect members invited them into, but Sungjong wasn't there.

 

 

---

A/N: I hope I didn't disappoint anyone who was anticipating the concert part. T.T I wrote it partly from my own experience, some concert fan accounts, some Infinite concert vids and I just made up the others.