Chapter 18

You're My Bestfriend

Earlier that day.

 

Myungsoo woke up to the incessant ringing of his phone. He usually ignores the phone calls he gets especially when he's on vacation, but he remembered that Sungjong was sleeping in the same room as him and he didn't want the other to wake up because of it so he decided to pick it up.

 

He went outside of their room to answer the call.

 

Upon seeing the caller ID, Myungsoo dreaded answering his phone but he didn't have any choice. He could try to cancel the calls but he knew the person calling would be persistent.

 

"Hello." He answered monotonously towards the caller.

 

"Oppa, why weren't you answering my calls?" the caller asked.

 

Myungsoo remained silent.

 

"Oppa, where are you?" the caller asked again.

 

"Stop this, please." Myungsoo said, almost pleading.

 

"Tell me where you are, oppa." the caller insisted.

 

"I can't tell you." this time, Myungsoo answered, straight and simple.

 

"Why?" the person on the other line complained.

 

"Because you might come here and make claims that you're my girlfriend and all that, again." Myungsoo tried to explain calmly even though he was far from it. 

 

"But you love me, right?" the caller asked again, this time demandedly, as if the only answer to this was 'yes'.

 

"You know I don't." Myungsoo is tired being nice to this person.

 

"But--" before the caller could continue, Myungsoo spoke ahead.

 

"What? Are you planning to make up stories again? About us being together?" Myungsoo's voice raised slightly but not enough to wake everyone yet.

 

"Oppa, you know I--"

 

"I already defended you once, Doyeon-ssi, even though I didn't have to. If I had known that you had that intention from the start, I wouldn't have made friends with you. I am not going to make that same mistake again. I thought you would have learned your lesson by now. I almost lost everything I've worked so hard to build for myself because of you and it almost caused my group to disband. Please, if you still have the least bit of respect for me or even yourself, stop contacting me."

 

The caller started crying and Myungsoo almost felt sorry for her, but he had to do this or else the past will just repeat itself.

 

She had threatened him before, that she will commit suicide if he will deny her and Myungsoo didn't want that, so he claimed they were dating even though they really weren't, just so she would calm down. He had hoped she would stop after that, but she didn't. Instead, it gave her the confidence to continue what she started.

 

If Myungsoo lets her use him again this time, he might be the one who would commit suicide. He wouldn't be able to take it if his group will be involved in yet another scandal because of him.

 

"You will regret this, oppa.." The caller said while crying before she hung up.

 

Myungsoo sighed. She always says that. He's tired of hearing the same threats over and over again. He decided to turn his phone off so he could peacefully enjoy the vacation with s and friends without interruption. He would to try to set aside his worries and other problems for now.

 

He wouldn't let a single phone call ruin the rest of his day.

 

He decided to make coffee for himself at the kitchen as he wait for the others to wake up.


---

 


They were currently in the dining area, about to eat breakfast, when Sungjong's phone rang. He said his brother just arrived, so he went to fetch him.

 

Myungsoo had expected to meet an older brother judging by how Sungjong talked about him the night before.

 

Sungjong was really enthusiastic when he was telling stories about his brother to Myungsoo and Myungsoo liked listening to him. His cheerful energy was contagious. He could brighten someone's day with just a single smile.

 

Myungsoo felt a bit closer to Sungjong as he learned new things about him. Although maybe not as close as his best friend Sungyeol.

 

He learned that Sungyeol is an important part of Sungjong's life and Myungsoo wonders what it would be like to be that close to Sungjong.

 

They spent the night talking about random stuff as he and Sungjong had a lot of stories to tell, but there was one crucial thing that Sungjong hadn't told him though.

 

That Sunjong was a twin brother.

 

Myungsoo's jaw dropped a little when he saw Sunjong. Except for the blonde hair, everything about him looks exactly like Sungjong.

 

Myungsoo already admitted to himself that Sungjong is beautiful but seeing two of him? Bless his eyes.

 

He was still in shock that he didn't hear Woohyun ask him something until he got a nudge from the elder.

 

He couldn't remember what he answered then, because his mind just went blank.

 

When he returned to himself, he hears Sunggyu speaking about room assignments. He was planning on protesting if he ever changes room with anyone but luckily, he remained roommates with Sungjong.

 

Although the twins looked totally alike, they have a very different personality. Myungsoo could tell that much just from having his egg whites being taken from his plate by Sunjong. Myungsoo finds it a bit amusing, though. Nobody else has taken anything from his plate while he was eating before.

 

Myungsoo was glad that Hoya and Dongwoo had suggested that they go kayaking. As the kayak could fit two people, he immediately thinks of pairing with Sungjong.

 

Myungsoo couldn't hide the smile that broke out on his face when Sungjong finally agreed to pair with him. He's never been this happy to kayak with someone.

 

While they were rowing, Myungsoo couldn't help but give compliments to Sungjong. He was so graceful when he is rowing and his back view was as beautiful as his front, Myungsoo almost tells him that, but Myungsoo had half a mind to not say that out loud.

 

Myungsoo, however, managed to tell Sungjong that he knows how to do CPR, and that he would gladly do it if the need arises. He was so proud of having learned the basics of CPR that he didn't think about the implications of what he was telling to Sungjong.

 

They continued rowing in silence after that.

 

Myungsoo hears Sungjong giggle after some time and he shortly wondered what it was he was giggling about, before he looked at the same direction he was looking at.

 

'Aah. Sungyeol.' Myungsoo thinks.

 

From his point of view, it looks like Sungyeol was having an argument with Sunjong on their boat. Sunjong was nagging Sungyeol on how to row properly.

 

Even though they were quite far from where Myungsoo and Sungjong were, they were still able to get Sungjong's attention.

 

"Poor Yeollie.." Sungjong muttered while slightly shaking his head.

 

Even though Myungsoo couldn't see it, he can feel that Sungjong was smiling.

 

Myungsoo slightly envies how Sungjong smiles whenever it's about Sungyeol. During their late night conversation last night, Sungjong talked about his best friend with so much fondness, Myungsoo actually wondered how they haven't really fallen for each other.

 

---

 

 

When they were resting on the beach, the rapper line decided to play a game.

 

Myungsoo already made up his mind to team up with Sungjong.

 

During the game, Myungsoo wanted to protect Sungjong 'til the end and also win the game. When he saw Sunjong going near his twin, he immediately blocked the blonde and defended Sungjong. However, Sunjong proved to be a tough opponent. Sunjong tried to attack but he missed a step which made him fall over Myungsoo, bringing them both on the ground. Their faces were too close to each other.

 

Myungsoo doesn't know if it was because of the effort he exerted in the game, or because of the shock from falling, but his heart hammered wildly inside his chest. He realized that it was the first time he has ever been this close to anyone before, not with s when they were doing some fan service or even with the actresses he was paired up with in his dramas.

 

It all happened so quickly, and they both gotten up very fast, but Myungsoo will never forget the face of Sunjong up close. It's something that is stuck in his memory forever. Whether it's a good thing or a bad thing, Myungsoo is yet to decide.


---

When the game was finished, the other members decided to go back to the vacation house.

 

Myungsoo stayed with the twins and Sungyeol on the beach.

 

When Sunjong asked if they wanted to swim, Sungjong decided to stay and massage Sungyeol.

 

Oh how Myungsoo wishes he could get a massage as well. His arms and legs are also tired from the game they played earlier.

 

Myungsoo didn't want anyone to know that though.

 

That's why he felt his cheeks get warm when Sunjong asked him if what he meant about saying 'me too' was that he wanted to get a massage as well. Good thing Sunjong didn't push him any further.

 

He watched as Sunjong played in the water. The blonde twin looks so happy and carefree as he enjoyed the waves in the sea. He was having so much fun, it makes Myungsoo want to join him as well.

 

Myungsoo's attention shifts towards the other twin on the shore, who is currently massaging his best friend.

 

Envious. That's what Myungsoo feels right now. He's envious of the bond that Sungjong and Sungyeol have. He's never had someone whom he shares a special connection with, like the kind of relationship the best friends have. He may be close with s, but they're different. They're like family; like brothers to him. But with the two best friends, they're like a couple, a complement of each other, a pair, a perfect combination.

 

Myungsoo looks at Sungjong and he stares in wonder at his beautiful side profile. His big doe eyes paired with long, elegant eyelashes, his sharp yet angelic jaws, his chiseled nose, and the lips, oh the pink, kissable lips. Myungsoo silently wonders where he got the idea of of kissing that said lips.

 

One thing Myungsoo was constantly teased about by s, was the fact that he had never kissed anyone before. Whether on cam or off cam, he's never done it. He tells them that when the time comes, he wants it to be on a special day and with a special someone. They just laugh at him and tells him that first kisses can happen anytime and it can happen when you least expect it. You can never plan it ahead of time.

 

Silence enveloped the three of them on the shore and it felt really relaxing. Myungsoo didn't realize that he had been staring for so long at Sungjong, until he noticed him panic, searching for his twin.

 

"Where's Sunjong?" he heard Sungjong ask before they heard a small shout of help from a distance. Sunjong was drowning.

 

Without thinking, Myungsoo got up and ran towards the sea. He swam towards where they last heard Sunjong and hoped that he would be able to rescue him in time.

 

Luck must have been on his side, because he was able to find Sunjong right away. He slightly panicked though when he realized that the blonde was already unconscious.

 

He swam as fast as he can towards the shore, bringing Sungjong's twin with him.

 

He heard Sungjong cry seeing his brother unconscious and Myungsoo wasted no time in resuscitating the blonde.

 

He performed all the steps he knows about giving CPR and made sure that he didn't make a single mistake. Time and precision is essential at the moment.

 

The first attempt isn't successful, but Myungsoo is determined to revive Sunjong.

 

On his fourth try, Sunjong coughed up some saltwater and gained consciousness.

 

Myungsoo has never been so relieved of seeing someone gain consciousness in his life ever before.

 

He couldn't believe he actually saved a life! But more importantly, that was the very first time his lips touched someone else's lips! 

 

Does that count as his first kiss?

---