Chapter 11

You're My Bestfriend

 A/N: I made this slightly longer(?) to make up for my previous short chapter update. Enjoy! :D

 

-----

 

 

The ride to the restaurant was full of laughter and fun. The members were all talking about the concert that just ended.

 

"Did anyone see that fan who carried a net with a stick just to make sure she could catch the plushies we were giving from the stage?" Dongwoo laughed.

 

"Yeah I saw that! She was really hardworking." Hoya agreed and they all laughed as well.

 

"When we were giving out the flowers, there were fans who were still asking to be given something even though I already ran out of them, so I just gave away the basket." Sunggyu said.

 

"I even gave away our bottled waters because I saw some fans who cried because they didn't receive anything." Woohyun shared.

 

"When we were throwing away paper planes with our signatures on them, some of the fans were throwing them back at us. I'm not sure if they were just doing it for fun or they just didn't like the paper planes. Maybe they didn't know we signed them?" Myungsoo said.

 

"I think most of them didn't know we signed them. When one of them found out, that's when they were all trying to catch all the planes I was throwing. " Sunggyu answered.

 

They continued to share about some of their memorable fan moments that happened during the concert, while Sungjong and Sungyeol listened interestedly. It's a whole different point of view when you are the one on stage rather than when you are just part of the audience.

 

"So, how was the concert for you Jongie?" Myungsoo asked Sungjong who was sitting beside him.

 

"Hmmm." All eyes were on Sungjong and Sungjong was silent for a while before he exclaimed, "Best. Concert. Ever!!"

 

They were waiting for Sungjong's answer and when Sungjong gave his answer, all of them cheered.

 

"Really? How many concerts have you already been to again?" Sungyeol, who was sitting between Hoya and Dongwoo at the back, teased Sungjong.

 

"Just one.. but first times are always the best and memorable. Don't tell me you didn't enjoy it at all, Yeollie. You were even unconsciously singing along too." Sungjong countered.

 

Sungyeol didn't agree with what Sungjong had said, but he didn't deny it either. He didn't say anything to defend himself. He wasn't sure if Sungjong was telling the truth or making up stories. Was he really singing along too? Was he enjoying the concert that much that he did some things unconsciously?

 

"What are all these paper bags for Sungyeol?" Hoya asked at the back.

 

"Uhmm." Sungyeol started, not knowing whether Sungjong would like to share about his little collection.

 

"Oh, they're official and fansite goods." Sungjong answered confidently. "I bought at least one from each of your fansites."

 

 "Really?! That's so cool Jongie! Did you buy from any of my fansites?" Myungsoo asked.

 

"I bought from five." Sungjong answered sheepishly.

 

"Five??" All of them shouted, while Sungyeol just scoffed. He had the same reaction when he heard it the first time.

 

"I couldn't choose one. Their goods were all great." Sungjong said in defense.

 

"If you want to have fansite goods next time Jongie, just tell me. I'll tell my fansite masters to give them to you for free." Myungsoo smiled and ruffled Sungjong's hair.

 

Sungyeol couldn't see his bestfriend's face but he knows Sungjong is probably blushing right now.

 

 

A few minutes later, they arrived at a little barbecue restaurant. There weren't many people around the area and the venue wasn't that large. What was nice about it was that it gave off a warm and cozy atmosphere. It was perfect for small intimate gatherings.

 

When they entered, they were greeted by someone who seemed to be the owner of the shop.  "Aigoo! You're here! Come in! Come in!" The woman welcomed them.

 

"It's been a while since my nephew visited, so I've prepared so many for all of you. Eat well, okay?"

 

Sungyeol wondered who the lady was referring to, but when Hoya came and embraced her, he figured that the woman was Hoya's aunt.

 

Contrary to what Sungyeol expected, where there will be a buffet and a lot of concert staff in the dinner party, it was only them, the members and two of the managers who filled the place.

 

"So, it's only us here." Sungyeol stated. "I thought there will be more people here."

 

"Yes, it's just a private after-concert dinner party." Sunggyu answered. "It's just us and our managers. We're going to have a separate grand party with the whole concert production team when we finish the entire local tour."

 

 

  

When they were about to sit by the table, Sungyeol saw Myungsoo immediately calling for Sungjong to sit beside him and Sungjong quickly agreed. Sungyeol settled himself on the other empty seat beside Sungjong, and Sunggyu, Woohyun, Hoya and Dongwoo occupied the other side of the table.

 

Hoya's aunt served them a lot of delicious dishes for dinner. They all thanked her and said grace before they started eating.

 

Myungsoo kept on offering different kinds of dishes to Sungjong and Sungjong happily accepted all of them. When Sungjong was picking up one of the foods that Myungsoo offered him and was about to eat it, Sungyeol suddenly stopped him.

 

"Don't--! That one has shrimps." Sungyeol warned him.

 

It was a good thing that Sungyeol was able to taste the dish first and discovered that it had shrimps in it before Sungjong was able to take a bite. Sungjong was allergic to shrimps. If he happened to eat even just a spoonful, he would have started coughing uncontrollably and would eventually find it difficult to breathe. He would have probably ended in the hospital right now.

 

Sungjong thanked Sungyeol and chose to eat the other foods. The difference now is that with each food, he asks Sungyeol whether he could eat them or not.

 

"Does this have shrimps too?" "How about this?" "Can I eat this, Yeollie?

 

"I didn't know you were allergic to shrimps Jongie, I'm really sorry." Myungsoo apologized.

 

"Oh no, you don't have to say sorry! You didn't know. Good thing Yeollie stopped me before I ate it." Sungjong smiled. 

 

"Are there any other things you are allergic to?" Myungsoo asked interestedly.

 

"Let's see.. hmm.. Aside from shrimps, I'm also allergic to crabs and lobsters." Sungjong shared.

 

 "And oysters, and clams, and scallops and pretty much the whole shellfish family." Sungyeol added.

 

Sungjong smiled sadly. "Sungyeol's right. I'm allergic to shellfish."

 

"Don't worry. I'll keep that in mind." Myungsoo assured them.

 

 They continued to eat in silence and when most of them were done, Dongwoo suggested a game. "Hey guys, let's play the 30 game."

 

"Sure!" "Okay." "I'm in." "Game!" replied the others.

 

 Sungjong and Sungyeol looked at each other curiously. They don't know how to play the game.

 

"Oh, I think Sungyeol and Sungjong don't know how this game works." Dongwoo noticed the bestfriends' clueless looks, so he started to explain the game.

 

The players will count from 1 to 30 and the person next to the player who will be saying the last number 30 will take the punishment. A player can only count a maximum of 3 numbers before the next player takes their turn. The twist is that a player can only count when he can answer the question asked upon him. The questions should only be answerable by yes or no. To make things fun, together with the counting, they will also pour powdered red pepper on a bowl of soup and the loser will consume it as punishment.

 

After Dongwoo finished explaining, Sungjong wore a worried look on his face and Myungsoo noticed it. "Are you okay, Jongie?"

 

"Yes. Uhmm. I'm worried for Yeollie. He hates spicy foods." Sungjong confessed.

 

When Sungyeol heard it, he said, "No, it's okay. I can handle this."

 

It's true that he hates foods that are spicy but he doesn't want to be left out of the game just because he is not fond of eating such.

 

Dongwoo is going to be the first one to count since he suggested the game.

 

"Were you the one who farted last night?" Woohyun asked which made the other members crack up, including Dongwoo. It was a strong question to start the game. Woohyun had wanted to clear things up because he was the one suspected last night.

 

Dongwoo was still laughing when he answered 'yes' and counted "1, 2, 3.." He also poured the powdered red pepper together with his counting.

 

Next was Hoya. "Do you like it when fans call you HoBaby?" Sunggyu asked.

 

Hoya's cheeks turned a light shade of pink, then after a while he answered 'yes'. "4, 5, 6.." he counted as also poured some powdered red pepper.

 

It was now Woohyun's turn. "Do you believe, deep inside, that you're the most handsome in our group?" Hoya asked.

 

Woohyun laughed at the question. "No. I'm not the most handsome. I'm the most charming." He answered. "7, 8, 9.."

 

Looking at the soup, Sungyeol doesn't even want to think about how spicy it's going to be once the game ends.

 

Next was Sunggyu. "Do you think you're a better singer than Woohyun?" It was Hoya who asked a question again.

 

Sunggyu thought hard for a while before he answered, "No."

 

The members oohed at the leader's answer, then he explained, "I believe we're just on the same level. We just have different styles."

 

Sunggyu also poured the powdered red pepper and counted, "10, 11, 12.."

 

Sungyeol is next. "Do you regret going here to Busan with me?" Sungjong asked. 

 

The question caught Sungyeol by surprise. He might have showed that he really didn't want to go in the first place, but if he was to be perfectly honest with himself, this travel was the happiest he has been in years.

 

"No. I'm happy I went with you." Sungyeol answered truthfully and smiled at Sungjong.

 

"Aww. Such a sweet friend!" Dongwoo commented.

 

"13, 14, 15.." said Sungyeol as he also carefully poured the red pepper. It could still end up his later, so the lesser the spice in it the better.

 

"Would you like to come with me to Jeju?" Myungsoo asked when it was Sungjong's turn.

 

"Huh?" Sungjong didn't understand what Myungsoo meant.

 

"Uhm. I mean.. would you.. and Sungyeol.. like to come with me..us..to Jeju after this? We were actually planning on inviting you guys. We're going to have a week of vacation before we travel again to another city for our next concert and we planned to go to Jeju. Do you want to come with us?" Myungsoo asked again with an eager look on his face.

 

Sungjong looked at Myungsoo and then looked at Sungyeol again as if asking for permission or help whether he should go or not.

 

Sungyeol saw the excitement and pleading look on Sungjong's face and he just doesn't have the heart to inhibit his bestfriend's happiness. He gave an understanding look at Sungjong and a simple nod. One more week out of work wouldn't hurt, right?

 

Sungjong got the approval from Sungyeol and immediately answered 'yes' to Myungsoo's question which made the others cheer. He also poured the red pepper to the soup. "16, 17, 18.."

 

"Were you the one who ate the kimchi my fan gave me yesterday?" Dongwoo asked suddenly.

 

Myungsoo, who was still smiling from Sungjong's answer, widened his eyes at the question and looked very guilty. 

 

"I'm sorry hyung! I didn't know it was given to you by your fan. I really wanted to eat kimchi that time and I saw yours. I'm really sorry." Myungsoo confessed apologetically at Dongwoo.

 

"That's fine, Myungie." Dongwoo assured Myungsoo. "I just wish you saved some for me so I could have also tasted it."

 

"I'm really sorry, hyung. It was really delicious. I couldn't help but finish all of it." Myungsoo pouted.

 

"Aigoo! Our visual and maknae is so cute!!" Woohyun pinched Myungsoo's cheeks. 

 

 

"Our baby is a kimchi maniac." Hoya teased and Dongwoo laughed.

 

"Hey guys. Stop teasing Myungsoo." Sunggyu said seriously which silenced everyone.

 

"Or else he'll eat all of our kimchi." Sunggyu added, which elicited laughter from everyone except Myungsoo, whose cheeks were becoming as red as kimchi from embarassment.

 

The game continued until it was Woohyun's turn again. They had already counted until 27 and he has a choice whether he would count 3 more and Sungyeol will be sure to receive the punishment or he would leave the decision in Sunggyu's hands.

 

"28." Woohyun counted and poured the red pepper. He decided to leave the burden to Sunggyu.

 

If Sunggyu only counts 29, Sungjong will take the punishment. If he counts 29, 30, Sungyeol will be the one to take the punishment. 

 

"Ok, first.." Sunggyu said as he poured once. "That's 29. Now it's up to you guys to convince me to spare you from the punishment." He referred to Sungyeol and Sungjong.

 

"Hyung, please spare me!" Sungjong pleaded immediately.

 

Sungyeol looked at the soup and saw how red it already was from before. He wasn't sure if it's still food anymore. Whoever's going to taste it, it's going to be really spicy.

 

"Spare Sungjong." he declared before he was able to stop himself. He may not like spicy foods, but he knows Sungjong can't handle the spicyness of the food more. 

 

Sunggyu accepted Sungyeol's decision and poured once more as Sungyeol prepared to take his punishment.

 

What happened next made everyone's eyes widen and Sungyeol's eyes widen even more. The cap of the container for the powedered red pepper fell off as Sunggyu poured and the rest of the contents fell on the soup.