Chapter 13

You're My Bestfriend

A/N: I know this chapter won't make up for updating this story after quite some time, but I'm truly thankful to all of you lovely readers for sticking with this story. I hope I find the time to update again quite often after this. There's just so many things that happened in the last few months and I've been so busy fan girling over Infinite. I mean, who isn't, right?! And I'd just like to say how proud I am of Sungjong. He's taking the entertainment world like a typhoon! Lol. I am so lame. Ok, I'll end this at that.

Enjoy!   

---

 

 

 

 

"Is everybody ready?" Sunggyu asked when they arrived at the Busan Airport.

 

The Infinite Effect members together with Sungyeol and Sungjong were all present. They were headed to the Jeju island to enjoy a week-long vacation before going to their next concert stop.

 

Everyone nodded in reply.

 

"Get your tickets here." The leader instructed as he handed everyone their plane tickets.

 

Soon enough, the plane to Jeju arrived so they started to line-up in the departure area. There were fans who heard about their trip and went to the airport to see them, but fortunately, they only went there to take some pictures of the members as they leave the airport, give them gifts and bid them a safe trip, and didn't cause any disturbance.

 

Sungyeol and Sungjong trailed a few meters behind the members to avoid getting their pictures taken without consent and for their own privacy.

 

The managers had assisted them only until the departure area since they were not coming with the group. The managers have allowed the members complete freedom for one whole week on the condition that they will all come back on their scheduled time and not do anything on their vacation that would give them bad publicity.

 

When Sungjong went to find his seat at the plane, he was thrilled when he found out that it was right next to Myungsoo. There were three seats and Myungsoo's seat was the one by the aisle. Sungjong excitedly took his seat in the middle, beside Myungsoo, as Sungyeol followed behind. Sungyeol went to his seat beside Sungjong, which was by the window and settled himself.

 

Sungjong and Myungsoo chatted for a while before Myungsoo asked if he could sleep for a bit because he was really tired and didn't have that much sleep since yesterday. Sungjong told him it was alright and let Myungsoo sleep in peace. Myungsoo got himself comfortable by using the black neck pillow a fan had given him earlier and after some time, soft snores can already be heard from Myungsoo.

 

Sungjong faced his best friend then and saw him in deep thought, looking out the window.

 

"Are you okay?" he nudged him softly with his elbow.

 

"Huh?" Sungyeol was taken out of his thoughts and found Sungjong looking at him with concern.

 

Sungyeol infers the maybe Sungjong just asked him if he was okay so he tells him that he was to avoid any more questions.

 

"Yeollie, you know you can't lie to me, right? Come on, what's wrong?"

 

Sungyeol sighed. Nothing gets past Sungjong's best friend instincts.

 

"Well, I called Niel earlier to check up on the café. He told me that there's been a minor problem, but that there's nothing to worry about. I know he wouldn't try to hide it if something major happened, but I can't help but think about the café right now. You know I've never been away this long, right?"

 

Sungjong was silent for a while as he thinks of what to tell Sungyeol.

 

"If Niel told you that there's nothing to worry about, then you should trust him. After all, I know he's the best assistant manager you have." Sungjong told Sungyeol with a reassuring smile.

 

Sungjong was right. Sungyeol trained his assistant manager well to be able to deal with problems or situations that may arise at the café. If there was anyone he could trust to take over while he is out on a trip, it would be Niel.

 

There's no need to worry, really, but maybe he just misses his café a lot since he hasn't left it under someone else's supervision for a long time since it was opened.

 

Even though he's still a bit worried, he felt a little better so he returned the smile Sungjong had given him.

 

Content with lifting the mood of his best friend, Sungjong went to rest his back again on his seat.

 

Setting aside his thoughts about the café, Sungyeol started to notice that Sungjong kept on yawning and turning on his seat for a comfortable position. He remembered that Sungjong didn't have enough sleep because he woke up around midnight last night with a very bad headache and spent most his time hugging the toilet bowl vomiting everything inside his stomach, not having used to being drunk. Sungyeol had been awake too as he accompanied Sungjong inside the comfort room and rubbed his back just like what Sungjong did when he was in the same situation before, but unlike Sungjong, he didn't have a terrible headache and he was able to sleep soundly.

 

He didn't have a neck pillow to lend to Sungjong, so instead, he held Sungjong's head and gently placed it on his shoulders. Sungjong was a bit startled at first but didn't resist as he realized what Sungyeol was doing.

 

"We still have a few minutes before we arrive. You should sleep for a while." Sungyeol told him and softly patted his head.

 

Sungjong couldn't argue anymore. Either Sungyeol's shoulder was made of cotton that it was so comfortable or he's just really sleepy because he barely registered what Sungyeol had said before he drifted off to sleep.

 ---

 

 

Sungjong woke up to the sound of an announcement coming from the speakers above their heads.

 

"Good morning passengers, we have now reached Jeju Island's airport. Please fasten your seatbelts as we will be landing in a short while."

 

Myungsoo and the rest of the members woke up as well and everyone's excitement returned upon reaching the beautiful Jeju.

 

Their arrival at the airport went smoothly and they were all able to get on their ride without any inconvenience.

 

The trip to the beach house was full of fun and talk about how excited they were and the activities they were planning to do once they get there.

 

 ---

 

 

 

"We're here!" Sunggyu announced from the front seat as the van stopped in front of a big, white beach house.

 

Everyone cheered. Woohyun and Dongwoo were battling to exit the van first even though everyone would get off in the end.

 

The beach house is located on the farther side of the island overlooking the pristine, white sand beaches. It was very well-maintained and it still looks new. It's the perfect place to have an enjoyable vacation.

 

When everyone was inside, Sunggyu said he had to announce something.

 

"Alright, guys. As big as this house is, it only has four rooms. Since I was the one who planned this vacation and made the necessary arrangements, I took the liberty of having one room all to myself." Sunggyu declared proudly.

 

"I'll leave the decision of picking your room and your roommates to the rest of you." He added as he left the keys on the table and started carrying his luggage upstairs to his room.

 

The rest of the Infinite Effect members were murmuring and complaining on how that 'grandpa' always gets to have a room of his own, while the rest of them always had to share. Nobody tried to complain loudly and openly to Sunggyu though, for fear of being on the receiving end of his grudge.

 

"Guys, Dongwoo hyung and I decided to be in one room since we are currently working on the lyrics of our new song." Hoya announced and took one of the keys on the table.

 

"So, who wants to be my roommate? The lucky one would have the opportunity to hear me sing a lullaby before you sleep." Woohyun asked the three persons left who still didn't have a room, and no one answered.

 

"Ouch." Woohyun said faking a hurt voice. "Are you three planning to be in one room together then?" He asked jokingly.

 

"Why don't we play rock, paper, scissors?" Myungsoo suggested.

 

"Uhm Myungsoo, I'm going to share the room with Sungyeol." Sungjong told him.

 

Myungsoo's face suddenly looked dejected as he automatically gets Woohyun for a roommate. He remembers having to share a room with him before, where Woohyun stayed up all night practicing different kinds of heart throwing for the fans during their concert. It would have been fine with Myungsoo and he wouldn't have minded it, if it weren't for the fact that Woohyun would let him watch every single one of them and ask for a comment or suggestion every time.

 

Sungyeol, who saw Myungsoo's face, didn't know what got into him that he suggested it's only fair they play rock, paper, scissors. Sungjong looked at him questioningly but he just smiled at him sheepishly.

 

In the end, the four of them played rock, paper, scissors and Sungjong/Myungsoo and Woohyun/Sungyeol became roommates. 

 

---

 

 

 

 

"Why did you agree with Myungsoo's suggestion, by the way?" Woohyun asked when he and Sungyeol entered the room they were going to share.

 

Only one of the four rooms had two beds. The rest had only one king-sized bed inside. Sungyeol suggested that Myungsoo and Sungjong take the room with two beds. He reasons that Sungjong moves around a lot when he sleeps and would sometimes kick the one beside him like a pillow if he ever gets really active in his dreams, to which he earned a glare and an elbow to his stomach courtesy of Sungjong.

 

"I don't know. Maybe I just wanted to be fair?" Sungyeol shrugged.

 

"You say fair as if it would be unfair for Myungsoo if he ends up sharing the room with me." Woohyun said as he sat on the bed.

 

"N-no. I don't mean it that way. I-I'm sorry." Sungyeol shook his head fiercely. He didn't mean to offend Woohyun in any way.

 

Woohyun laughed at how flustered Sungyeol was. "I'm just messing with you!"

 

"You're so serious Sungyeol. Loosen up a bit." Woohyun reached out to pat Sungyeol on the back.

 

Sungyeol sighed. Sungjong had told him many times that he takes life too seriously, that he's going to grow grey hair and walk with a stick sooner than everybody his age. He would just always shrug it off, but thinking about it right now, it's highly likely for it to happen.

 

Woohyun stood up as soon as he had settled his luggage beside the bed.

 

"C'mon! Let's not waste our time here. We have the whole beach to ourselves!" Woohyun said excitedly as he dragged Sungyeol out of the room.

 

---

 

 

 

"Sungjongie, you choose which bed you want." Myungsoo told Sungjong when they entered their spacious shared room. There were two separate beds and Myungsoo was letting Sungjong pick first.

 

"That one." Sungjong smiled as he pointed the one near the door.

 

"Okay." Myungsoo nodded and settled his things on the other one.

 

"What do you want to do?" asked Myungsoo.

 

"Uhm.." Sungjong tried to think of something.

 

"I know! We should try snorkeling. Would you like that?" Myungsoo suggested.

 

"Sure! But... I don't know how to." Sungjong added hesitantly.

 

"Don't worry! I'll teach you." Myungsoo said excitedly as he grabbed Sungjong's wrist and they went out of the room.

 

Myungsoo and Sungjong came across Woohyun and Sungyeol when they went outside the vacation house.

 

"Hey guys! Sungyeol and I are going to go jetskiing. Are you coming?" Woohyun asked

 

"That sounds fun, hyung! But Sungjong and I have already planned to go snorkeling. Right, Jongie?" Myungsoo asked Sungjong for affirmation.

 

Sungjong looked at Sungyeol and Sungyeol gave him a look asking if he was really okay with it because they both know Sungjong had only been to swimming pools.

 

Sungjong smiled at him and said "Myungsoo says he'll teach me."

 

"Okay then. I guess we'll have to go on our separate ways. See you later." Woohyun said and dragged Sungyeol away.

 

"C'mon Jongie, let's get going too." Myungsoo said and led Sungjong the other way.