Chapter 6

You're My Bestfriend

 

 

When they arrived in Busan, they went to the hotel Sungjong had booked for their stay.

 

Sungjong went to the counter to check-in but was told that there was a mistake with the booking and they can't be accommodated.

 

"Let's ask if they still have other available rooms." Sungyeol suggested after Sungjong told him what happened. He wanted to get inside a room already and rest.

 

Sungjong went back to the hotel's front desk and was informed that their hotel is already fully booked because of Infinite Effect's concert and that most of the hotels around the area are fully booked as well.

 

When Sungjong told Sungyeol about it, Sungyeol became quite annoyed. Sungyeol went to the front desk to ask if there was another hotel near that isn't fully-booked yet and he was told that the only available hotel left was the most expensive hotel in the area.

 

 

 

 

When they arrived, the first thing Sungjong said after looking around the luxurious hotel was, "Is it really okay if we stay here?"

 

"Like we have any choice." Sungyeol replied.

"But it's too expensive!" Sungjong blurted.

"Geez. I'm going to pay, okay? I don't wanna go anywhere else. I just want to rest already. Wait here." Sungyeol proceeded to the front desk to book a room.

"Okay. I'll just go use the restroom first." answered Sungjong.

 

 

There was a sudden commotion outside the hotel and Sungyeol tried to look at what was happening.

 

He saw some guards trying to block some girls who were holding banners and cameras. The guards looked like they were protecting some people who are about to enter the hotel.

 

Sungyeol then realized that it was the Infinite Effect members.

 

Everything happened so fast and the next thing he knew, the members have already passed him.

 

A running Sungjong shook Sungyeol from his daze. "What was that Yeollie? I've heard the Infinite Effect members are here?!"

 

Sungyeol could only nod at his bestfriend.

 

"Why didn't you call me?! Did you take a picture of any of them?" Sungjong stomped his feet feeling frustrated. Sungyeol slowly shook his head, feeling a tantrum coming.

 

"Not even Myungsoo?!" Sungjong asked again even though he knew what the answer was. Of course Sungyeol doesn't understand how important that could have been for him.

 

He missed the golden opportunity to see the members up close in probably their bare faces. He could have added the pictures to his laptop's most precious folder which contained his collection of Infinite Effect's photos and videos.

 

His collection didn't just end there. He also has albums in different versions, photo cards, posters, fan sets and stickers of the group, subunit or even solo acts. Official, fan taken, exclusive, limited edition, you name it, Sungjong has it. His collection is probably more than any other Infinite Effect fan boy or fan girl could ever have.

 

But he would always deny that he is obsessed with them though. He would often say that he is just like any other fan out there.

 

Yeah. Any other fan who has a whole external harddrive dedicated only to Myungsoo. Any other fan who memorized all of Myungsoo's dramas, guestings in variety shows, famous lines and knows even the most trivial of the things about him. And believe it or not, Sungjong claims he doesn't have a bias.

 

"No. They were walking too fast. I saw them for like 5 seconds and then they were gone inside the elevator." Sungyeol explained. Even if he remembered to take out his phone, the only thing that he could have captured was the members' back.

 

"We need to hurry! Maybe we can still see them." Sungjong hurriedly went to the elevator leaving Sungyeol at the lobby.

 

 

After acquiring the keycard to their room, Sungyeol followed Sungjong carrying both his luggage and the luggage Sungjong left behind.

 

Sungyeol was able to locate Sungjong on the 7th floor and Sungjong looked like he was about to cry.

 

"I lost them." Sungjong said, stating the obvious.

 

"Sungjong, you're still going to see them tomorrow. You have front row tickets, remember?" Sungyeol tried to pacify his friend before things could get worse.

 

Sungjong sighed. "Fine. Let's just go to our room."

 

 

Room 707. The room was luxurious, there was no doubt about that. It was a large room with wood and textile decor in warm beige tones. It has one king-sized bed, a couch seating area, and a large flat screen TV on the wall. Floor-to-ceiling windows let the outside world in, granting views of the city and the Busan sea. The bathroom surface was polished granite, and there was a separate rain shower and a tub.

 

"Cool." Sungjong said after checking out everything.

 

"Let's take a rest for a while then I'll call room service for our lunch." Sungyeol told Sungjong as he sat down on the bed.

 

They originally planned to go out and have a tour of Busan after resting, but after they had lunch, they were both too lazy to leave the room so Sungjong decided to just play with his iPad while Sungyeol watched TV, both of them lying comfortably on the bed.

 

After a while, they heard some noise coming from the other room. They weren't supposed to hear any noise since the walls of the hotel room were very thick and solid, but the sounds from the neighboring room were too loud to be ignored.

 

"Why are they so loud?" Sungjong asked.

 

"I don't know." Sungyeol replied.

 

They decided to ignore the sounds for a while because they thought it would eventually die down, but it went on and on until Sungjong couldn't take it anymore.

 

"Yeollie, can you please go to the other room and tell them they're disturbing us."

 

"What? Why me? Why don't you tell them?" Sungyeol complained.

 

"Because, I can't pause my game. I need to overcome this level and I can't concentrate because they're too noisy." Sungjong reasoned.

 

Sungyeol ignored him at first and continued watching the show on the TV, but when Sungjong said 'Please' one more time, he stood up from their bed begrudgingly and went outside to the other room.

 

Room 708. Sungyeol stood outside the door and he could hear laughter and loud voices inside. The occupants of the room must really be having a lot of fun.

 

He hesitantly knocked on the door. Nobody answered. He tried again for the second the time, and when the door opened, he regretted not practicing what to say first.

 

"Yes?" The person who opened the door asked Sungyeol with a smile.

 

"Uhm. I--uhm." Sungyeol couldn't formulate what to say, especially when he didn't expect the person/people who occupied the room next to theirs.

 

The person who opened the door was Nam Woohyun and the occupants of the room were him and the rest of the Infinite Effect members.

 

---

 

A/N: Happy Leap Day! :D

So what do you guys think about this chapter? What a coincidence! Haha