Chapter 8

You're My Bestfriend

 

Despite Sungyeol's rejection, he and Sungjong ended up watching the Infinite Effect members in their stage blocking.

 

Sungyeol wanted to return to their room and rest but, thinking about his bestfriend who really wants to go and watch the group's blocking and practice, he eventually agreed.

 

Yes, he could let Sungjong go alone and he could stay behind in their room, but what if something happens and Sungjong would not be able to return to the hotel? What if the members, despite the kindness they showed earlier, become too busy and disregard or forget about Sungjong and leave him waiting outside with the guards? These were the questions that came to Sungyeol's mind.

 

What was the purpose of him accompanying Sungjong in the first place if he was just going to entrust Sungjong to some strangers? (Ok, so maybe they are not strangers to him anymore, and maybe they have already acquainted themselves with each other, but still.) He went to Busan with Sungjong to ensure the other's safety. That's what he originally planned and he decided to stick with it 'til they return home.

 

Looking at Sungjong right now, he can say that Sungjong was really enjoying every bit of it.

 

 

Sungjong was enjoying the chance to watch the Infinite Effect members in their stage blocking. There were no other fans allowed in the area and he felt oh-so-lucky. He is even more thrilled that the members also invited them to their after-concert dinner party tomorrow. This is something he definitely did not see coming when he decided to travel to Busan to watch their concert.

 

During the short time he and Sungyeol spent with the members in their room, he got to know the members better and even took some remembrance pictures with them. They were all very friendly and accommodating. They didn't treat Sungjong and Sungyeol as fans but as friends. They were also very funny, just like how they do in variety shows (which Sungjong have watched for probably more than a dozen times already). There wasn't any hint of celebrity attitude from them and it made Sungjong admire them even more (if it was still possible).

 

Being able to share this opportunity with his best friend also made him very happy. Though Sungyeol looked like he didn't like the group at first, it wasn't long before he also started joking and laughing with them. Sungjong also noticed that Sungyeol clicks with most of the Infinite Effect members, with the exception of Myungsoo. Sungjong thinks that there is an invisible barrier that seems to prevent the two from making friends with each other. Sungjong knows they are both nice and caring and he really wonders why there seems to be a tension between them even from the start. 

 

Maybe some people are just not really compatible at all. Sungjong thought. Or maybe they both just need more time.

 

 

 

 

Though Sungjong was quite sad that they were not allowed to take pictures during the blocking, he was glad he could savor this moment and treasure it in his memory. After all, it's not everyday he gets this much luck and he could only wish that it would not run out any time soon.

 

This is even better than those backstage passes. He smiled at his thought and continued watching.

 

 

 

 

Sungyeol isn't sure if he was just imagining things but he caught Myungsoo several times stealing glances at his best friend while they were practicing. The other members would also look at them and smile from time to time, but there was something different with the way Myungsoo looked and smiled at Sungjong. A look that held more meaning than Sungyeol would want to acknowledge.

 

Even when they were still at the group's hotel room, Sungyeol could swear Myungsoo looks at Sungjong with a little bit more eagerness than the rest of the members do.

 

When they played games, Myungsoo would always sit next to Sungjong, and Sungyeol thinks that it's a little too close for comfort, but his best friend doesn't seem to mind it at all. In fact, Sungjong seemed to like the extra attention Myungsoo was giving him and Sungyeol couldn't help but feel a bit.. sad? annoyed? He couldn't describe exactly what he was feeling but he knows it wasn't pleasant.

 

Maybe he was jealous? 

 

 

 

 

 

When the stage blocking ended, the members wiped their sweats and changed clothes before they went to where Sungjong and Sungyeol were staying.

 

"So, what do you guys think?" Sunggyu asked them.

 

"It was good." Sungyeol answered.

 

"I enjoyed it! I really can't wait for your concert tomorrow. I'm sure it's going to be pretty amazing." Sungjong exclaimed.

 

"Watch out for mine and Hoya's stage tomorrow, okay? We're going to set the roof on fire, not literally of course." Dongwoo laughed. The rest of them laughed as well, not because of what Dongwoo said but because of Dongwoo's contagious laughter. 

 

"I sure will." Sungjong smiled at Dongwoo and Hoya.

 

"And you should tell us who has the better vocals between me and Sunggyu after you watch tomorrow's concert." Woohyun added.

 

"Hey!~" Sunggyu gave a slight protest, which started another round of laughter among them.

 

"Where will you be sitting tomorrow, Jongie?" Myungsoo suddenly asked.

 

"Hmm.. We have VIP tickets on the very front row, so we're probably going to sit right there." Sungjong said ponting to the front row chairs that were currently being set up by the crew.

 

"That's great!" Myungsoo declared happily. "B-because you could see our performance closely and you could cheer for us." He added trying to lessen the excitement in his voice.

 

They talked for a  while before Sungjong and Sungyeol decided to leave first. The group still needed to have some final meeting with the production crew. 

 

"See you tomorrow!" Dongwoo waved a little excitedly.

 

 

 

When they were out of the concert venue, Sungyeol asked Sungjong "Are you hungry?"

 

"I'm starving!" Sungjong answered and laughed.

 

"You should have told me sooner so we could have left earlier. You always eat dinner on time." Sungyeol told him.

 

"I was having so much fun and I didn't realize I was hungry until you asked me." Sungjong explained sheepishly.

 

Sungyeol shook his head and sighed. He then spotted a nice little restaurant while they were walking. "Let's eat here."

 

"Your treat?" Sungjong latched unto one of Sungyeol's arms and pleaded with his big, round eyes.

 

Sungyeol looked at him and after a while he said "Fine."

 

 

---

A/N: Who's excited for the concert day? :D