Chapter 12

You're My Bestfriend

 

 

"Are you okay?" Sungjong asked worriedly as he rubbed circles on  Sungyeol's back.

 

Sungyeol went straight to the toilet after a few sips from the extremely spicy soup. He was vomiting so hard that he had probably vomited all the food he ate earlier.

 

Sungjong and the Infinite Effect members had told him not to proceed with the punishment anymore and that it's okay to end the game like that, but due to his (little bit of) pride, he insisted that he should do it because he lost and it's a part of the game.

 

Sungyeol hurled the contents of his stomach one last time and grabbed as much toilet paper as he could to wipe his mouth.

 

"Y-yeah." He answered as he struggled to stand up, almost falling over in the process. Good thing Sungjong was there to help him.

 

"Do you want us to go back to the hotel, instead?" Sungjong asked again, voice laced with concern for his best friend.

 

"No. I'm okay. I can still manage." Sungyeol insisted. He didn't want  to spoil the fun they were having just because he couldn't handle a small challenge.

 

 

 

 

When Sungjong and Sungyeol went back to their table, bottles of Soju had already been served. Some members have even started drinking already.

 

"Sungjong, Sungyeol! Come on. We're having drinks." Sunggyu invited the best friends upon seeing them.

 

"Hurry guys! Parties aren't complete without drinking." Dongwoo added merrily. He already had one empty soju bottle on his table.

 

"I don't think Yeollie can drink. He had just emptied his stomach." Sungjong said apologetically.

 

"Is he okay already?" Myungsoo asked with concern. Sungjong nodded with a smile.

 

"Guys, I can drink. Sungjong is the one who can't." Sungyeol said when they had sat down.

 

"What do you mean I can't?" Sungjong said facing his best friend.

 

"You haven't drank anything like this before. You don't even drink wine. You said these kind of drinks are for old people and that you're still not old." Sungyeol explained.

 

"Ooooooh." Hoya and Dongwoo said in unison.

 

Sungjong blushed, embarrassed by Sungyeol's revelation.

 

"Well maybe I said that when I was a lot younger. I believe I'm old enough to drink now." Sungjong declared defensively.

 

"Ooooooh." Hoya and Dongwoo chorused again and laughed. The alcohol was starting to take effect on their system.

 

Myungsoo tried to tell his hyungs to stop laughing and placed his hands on the younger's shoulder, "Jongie, you don't have to drink this if you don't want to."

 

Sungjong looked at Myungsoo and then at the hands placed on his shoulders. He saw sincerity and concern in Myungsoo's eyes. It made him want to give in and just drink something else. However, Sungjong had already made up his mind to prove to everyone that he isn't weak and immature. He wanted to prove, not only to Sungyeol and to the members, but also to himself that he is mature enough for this kind of thing.

 

Sungjong grabbed one bottle of soju and poured the drink on a shot glass. He took the glass and drank the liquor in one shot, which made everyone cheer for him for his audacity, except Myungsoo and Sungyeol.

 

After the first shot, Sungjong wanted to throw up. He couldn't explain the taste of the liquor, but he was sure that he didn't like it. He couldn't understand how people could possibly like it and even consider it the must-drink in most occasions. K-dramas even make it look like it really tastes good!

 

Sungjong was starting to have a headache after only drinking one glass, but when Woohyun poured him another one, he didn't hesitate to drink again.

 

Myungsoo also joined later when he saw that Sungjong was fine with drinking. He resisted himself at first because he didn't want to drink if Sungjong couldn't. But when Sungjong daringly downed one glass and even drank the second one poured by Woohyun, he also joined in the fun and drank some.

 

Sungyeol settled with green tea and drank it instead of soju. He still didn't like that Sungjong was drinking an alcoholic beverage which was something he has never done before, but he chose to stay put and let his friend enjoy himself. He was here as a friend and not as an overprotective mother.

 

Sungjong and the Infinite Effect members were taking shots after shots of soju and were laughing and singing together merrily. Dongwoo and Woohyun suggested to do some love shots and did it first. They were too drunk to hold the glasses properly and most of the contents spilled before they were able to drink it. The duo made everyone crack up. Sunggyu was giving some speech about how awesome of a leader he is and thanking everyone for their hardwork. Hoya was performing some dance moves in his chair. Woohyun dared Myungsoo to have a love shot with Sungjong and Dongwoo cheered on. With flushed faces, the two obliged and were able to finish their drinks without spilling them.

 

 

A couple more drinks later and they slowly passed out one by one on the tables. Sungjong was the first to pass out after finishing only one bottle. Dongwoo was next with two bottles. Followed by Woohyun who finished three. Sunggyu, Hoya and Myungsoo could take their alcohol well although they were already a bit tipsy.

 

It was already late into the night when the managers decided to end the party and go back to the hotel.

 

When they left the restaurant, Hoya supported Dongwoo to the van, while Sunggyu helped Woohyun. Myungsoo wanted to carry Sungjong but he also needed assistance himself because he couldn't walk steadily. The manager assisted him instead and Sungyeol was the one who carried Sungjong on his back. The short ride from the restaurant to the hotel was filled with sounds of people sleeping peacefully.

 

Sungyeol didn't forget to thank the manager and the awake members for the dinner before they parted ways into the hotel. He had a hard time holding on to the paper bags filled with fansite goods while balancing Sungjong unto his back, but he managed to enter into their hotel room successfully.

 

He carefully lowered Sungjong from his back to settle him on the bed. He removed his best friend's shoes and socks and covered him with a comforter.

 

Sungyeol was about to change into comfortable clothes when he heard Sungjong call out to him.

 

"Yeollie.."

 

Sungjong eyes were closed and it made Sungyeol think that maybe Sungjong was just mumbling things into his sleep.

 

Sungyeol went to him anyways and bent over to hear if Sungjong still has anything to say. "Hmm?"

 

"Thank you." Sungjong mumbled and smiled.

 

It made Sungyeol smile as well. Sungjong rarely thank him for the things he does for him but he must have been really happy today that he expressed his gratitude towards Sungyeol.

 

"You're the best-est friend ever!" Sungjong exclaimed and spread his arms to hug Sungyeol. For someone who is half asleep, Sungjong's hug was really tight, but Sungyeol didn't mind.

 

Sungyeol waited for Sungjong to release him but when he heard Sungjong's even breathing, he realized that Sungjong was sleeping again. He decided to carefully remove Sungjong's hands from his back to leave him to sleep comfortably. He was about to stand up when he heard Sungjong mutter something again.

 

"I love you.."

 

It was faint, almost like a whisper and Sungyeol didn't think he heard it right. But if it was what he think he heard, he went back to his sleeping friend and his head, smiling softly he said, "Me too, Jongie. Me too."

 

Sungyeol changed into comfortable clothes before he also settled on the opposite side of the bed and let sleep take over his body.

 

 

 

 

---

 

A/N: Sorry it took me so long. :) Comments will be appreciated and loved. <3