Chapter 7

You're My Bestfriend

 

"Oh! Right. You're here for our room service." Woohyun exclaimed as he thought Sungyeol was part of the staff of the hotel.

 

"Come in." Woohyun smiled and ushered Sungyeol inside. "The toilet has been clogged since we arrived and we couldn't use it. I really hope you can help us fix it."

 

Sungyeol remained silent. He didn't know what came to him that he didn't deny being mistaken for a hotel staff and even followed Woohyun inside.

 

He stood there awkwardly as the members returned to their game of rock-paper-scissors. They were really loud and noisy that Sungyeol thinks the whole 7th floor of the building could hear them.

 

Remembering his friend on the other room, he coughed to catch their attention.

 

"Actually... I'm not here for your room service.. M-my friend.. Yes! My friend.. he-uhm.. he asked me to tell you guys that--" Sungyeol wasn't able to continue since all of them turned their heads towards the door when they heard someone knock a bit loudly.

 

Myungsoo stood up and went to open the door.

 

 

 

They were all shocked when Myungsoo came back carrying someone who was unconscious.

 

"What happened?!" Dongwoo exclaimed as Myungsoo laid down the unconscious person on the couch.

 

"I don't know. When I opened the door, she just looked at me and then she suddenly collapsed." Myungsoo told them worriedly.

 

All the members gathered around including Sungyeol.

 

Sungyeol's eyes widened as he immediately recognized the unconscious person as Sungjong.

 

"That's Sungjong!" he went near his best friend and tried to wake him up.

 

"Sungjong? What a weird name for a girl. But wow, she is really pretty." Hoya commented.

 

"Why aren't you guys calling for help? My friend is unconscious and you are all just standing there!" Sungyeol cried.

 

"Relax, dude. She just fainted. Besides, if we call for help regarding a fainting incident in our room, articles might come up. You and your friend might be in the hot topic list for quite some time." Sunggyu reasoned.

 

"Maybe we should give her some space so she could breathe." Woohyun suggested and the rest of the members moved back from being too close to Sungjong.

 

"Why did you leave your girlfriend? She might have been so worried while she was looking for you, that's why she fainted." Dongwoo told Sungyeol.

 

"Girlfriend? She? Why do you keep referring to him as girl? He's a guy and he's my best friend." Sungyeol told everyone in the room.

 

Now that he wasn't in panic mode anymore, he remembered the members referring to Sungjong as a girl and even called him pretty a while ago.

 

Everyone looked at him like he was going to reveal at any moment that what he told them was just a joke.

 

"What??" Sungyeol spat.

 

Sungjong stirred and all of their attention went back to him.

 

"W-what happened?" Sungjong said as he tried to adjust his eyes to the brightness of the room. Sungyeol was the first one that came to his view.

 

"Sungjong, you fainted." Sungyeol told him while he helped him sit.

 

"I remember seeing--" Sungjong wasn't able to continue as he looked the other people in the room and realized who they were. He suddenly stiffened.

 

"Yeollie. What is happening here? Why am I seeing all the members of Infinite Effect?" He asked Sungyeol as if he is just imagining things.

 

"It's because we're inside their room." Sungyeol answered.

 

"What?!" Sungjong stood up from couch and tried to fix himself.

 

"H--hi." He smiled shyly and bowed his head.

 

"We're sorry for disturbing you guys. We're not sasaeng fans! I promise! We're not trying to follow you around. We didn't even know this was your room." Sungjong explained.

 

Sungyeol wanted to face palm himself at that comment. Sungjong sounded like he was really guilty and is trying to deny it.

 

"So he really is a guy." Hoya murmured.

 

"Yeah, but he's still pretty." Dongwoo agreed.

 

"Hi. I'm Woohyun." Woohyun decided to greet Sungjong and extended his hand.

 

"I know who you all are." Sungjong smiled and shook Woohyun's hand. He also went to shake the hands of all the other members, and he lingered a bit longer when it was Myungsoo's hand he was shaking.

 

"My friend and I are big fans of your group." He said, referring to himself and Sungyeol.

 

"I'm not!" Sungyeol protested.

 

"Shhh!" Sungjong shot his friend a warning glare and faced Woohyun again with his angelic smile.

 

"Really? Can you prove it to us?" Hoya challenged playfully.

 

"D-do you really want me to prove it?" Sungjong asked hesitatingly.

 

Sungyeol wondered why his friend was so unsure of himself and would doubt his entire knowledge about the group when in fact, researching facts about them had already become a part of his daily routine.

 

When there's challenge about how much a fan knows about Infinite Effect, Sungyeol knows that Sungjong is never the one to back down on it.

 

"When is my birthday?" Sunggyu asked a basic question to warm things up.

 

"April 28, 1989." Sungjong answered.

 

"What do fans call me?" Woohyun tried asking as well.

 

"Heart Prince." Sungjong replied.

 

The members then started bombarding Sungjong with a lot of questions as they also want to know if Sungjong knows a lot of facts about them and they were amazed at how Sungjong was able to answer everything correctly.

 

"Woollim." "Type B." "Byul." "Hiya." "176cm." "Kontrol." "Aquarious." "Munsoo." "Green." "27." "Man in Love." "Shut Up Flower Boy Band." "Fly Again." "Toheart." "Special Girl." "The Answer." "Reply 1997." "June 9."

 

"Daebak." Sunggyu commented after they finished.

 

"You seriously have an amazing memory." Dongwoo agreed.

 

Woohyun and Hoya also nodded in approval.

 

"One last question Jongie, am I more handsome when I act chic and cool or when I act cute and sweet?" Myungsoo went closer and asked Sungjong expectantly.

 

Since when did they become so close for him to call Jongie like that without even getting hit? I even had to avoid calling him that for 2 years before he finally allowed me to use it to him. Sungyeol thought and pouted upon hearing Myungsoo's question. Because you're not his bias,Sungyeol. His subconscious answered him.

 

Sungjong blushed at the pet name Myungsoo suddenly called him and became nervous at the close proximity. True, he would usually hit the ones who would call him that, except for his bestfriend Sungyeol. But, come on. This was his bias he was talking to! He was going to make another exception.

 

"Uhm.. When you act cute and sweet? I think the fans like that more." He answered. 

 

 

 

 

Due to Sungjong's impressive knowledge about their group, the Infinite Effect members became comfortable with him. They invited Sungjong to stay for a while and play games with them. Sungyeol wanted to go back to their room already, but Sungjong insisted on staying.

 

They were all years old in the room, but they all had so much fun as if they were all still children. They all felt like the best of friends even for the short time they were together. At some point, Sungyeol had also lost his cold facade and enjoyed playing as well.

 

 

"So.. Since you already know us and you said you and your friend Yeollie--" Woohyun said as they finished their games.

 

"My name is Sungyeol!" Sungyeol cut him off.

 

"--'Sungyeol' here are big fans of our group,  why don't you come with us when we have our stage blocking later?" Woohyun offered.

 

"That'd be great!" "No thanks." Sungjong and Sungyeol uttered at the same time.

 

 

---

A/N: Hi guys! How did you spend Myungsoo's birthday yesterday? :D