Chapter 5

You're My Bestfriend

A/N: This took place before Sungjong discovered that he did not win the promo.

---

 

 

It was a rest day for Infinite Effect.

 

They have been practicing the whole day yesterday, striving to perfect their choreography and synchronize their moves, as if they haven't already done it yet.

 

Today is a free day. A reward day for the hard work they've done in yesterday's practice.  Their next concert will be in Busan and they still have a few more days before they pack their things and head there.

 

The previous cities they have been to were already a success, with sold out tickets in each of them and fans screaming for day 2. Their schedule was already very hectic that being given the freedom to relax or enjoy themselves for one whole day feels like a healing for them already.

 

All the members had different plans for today. Sunggyu decided to go out to meet some friends. Woohyun and Hoya went to the gym, while Dongwoo and Myungsoo decided to stay at the dorm.

 

Dongwoo slept in his room while Myungsoo decided to read some manga.

 

When Myungsoo finished, he became bored. There isn't much to do inside the dorm. He didn't want to sleep. He didn't want to go outside either. So, he decided to open his laptop and surf the internet.

 

After sometime, Myungsoo remembered that there have been different promotional activities/contests going on for their local concert tour. The activities were arranged by city organizers for the fans in the different cities they were going to hold a concert in. Some of the prizes for the winners include winning V.I.P. tickets, soundcheck passes and backstage passes to Infinite Effect's concert. It was a way of promoting the group and giving back to the fans at the same time.

 

He was happy to know that the fans were always so willing to join and have fun and it warms his heart seeing how much effort their fans are willing to give, even to do the silliest of things, just to show their support towards their group.

 

Since he had nothing else better to do, he checked their group's website.

 

The latest promo that was being held was the video submission contest for the Busan fans. He clicked one of the videos and watched it. He ended up clicking more after he the first one ended.

 

After a couple of videos, Myungsoo has already picked his favorite. He was still enjoying himself by the couch with his laptop when Dongwoo, who just woke up, came out of the room he shared with Hoya.

 

When Myungsoo noticed Dongwoo, he excitedly motioned for Dongwoo to look at his laptop. "Hyung, look at these."

 

"What are those?" asked Dongwoo as he went closer to where Myungsoo was.

 

"These are the entries from the participants of the promo for our Busan concert. We haven't chosen a winner yet, right?" asked Myungsoo.

 

"I think so. Sunggyu hyung is the one that usually picks the winners." Dongwoo answered.

 

"But we can pick too, right?" Myungsoo insisted.

 

"I guess." Dongwoo replied a little unsurely. "Did you already pick a winning entry?"

 

"No. Not yet, but there's this one video that caught my attention. I think they're the only male participants that joined. You know it's rare for guys to join a promo such as this one, right? So I watched it, and they were really fun and entertaining to watch. I can see how much effort they put in the video and their face paints were done really well." Myungsoo explained.

 

"Let me see! Let me see!" Dongwoo became excited and watched the video for himself.

 

After watching, Dongwoo was rolling on the floor laughing. "T-The Do-Dooly one is soooo funny! hahahaha"

 

"Haha. Yeah. And the one with the panda face paint is really cute hyung! I want to pinch his cheeks!" Myungsoo exclaimed.

 

He was also laughing at the Dooly guy, but what caught his attention more was the Po guy. Something about him makes Myungsoo want to look at him and only him, and it's not just about his big panda eyes. Everything about him seems graceful. His voice, the way he danced, the way he carried himself. Everything.

 

"We should choose them!" Dongwoo decided.

 

"I told you they're funny! Funny in a good way. I want to meet them. I think we should tell Sunggyu hyung about this." Myungsoo agreed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What?!" Dongwoo and Myungsoo exclaimed in unison.

 

Sunggyu had just informed that he already picked the winner from the Busan entries.

 

"How did you pick them, hyung? Did you watch all of the videos?" Myungsoo asked. He was hoping Sunggyu chose the video they wanted.

 

"No. I just picked randomly. The promoters said they needed a winner already in order for them to make proper arrangements. I didn't have enough time to watch everything, so to be fair, I used Random Picker. " Sunggyu shrugged.

 

"Did you watch the winner's entry?" Dongwoo asked.

 

"Yes, right after I informed the promoters about it. Honestly, the video was kind of blurry. The lighting was dim and it looked like it was made in a hurry. If I had more time, I would have picked a different one." Sunggyu admitted.

 

"Oh. Okay." Myungsoo was sad. If he saw the video earlier, he could have told their leader before he was able to pick the winner.

 

Oh well, guess he'll just have to move on. Maybe, if he's lucky, he could spot the panda guy during their concert. There shouldn't be any difference with his appearance without the paint on his face right?

 

 

---

A/N: So that's how the winner was picked. xD  Will Myungsoo find the 'panda guy' on concert day?